Life After Mirena

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Life After Mirena

Postby cc617 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:16 pm

Hey - New here! I had the mirena removed Jan 4th. I bled from Jan 6th-12th... (13th-14th) I was spotting sporadically. I have not received a positive OPK. I did not experience periods during my 2 year mirena relationship. From what I was told/heard the bleeding experienced after the mirena was removed was not a period, it was hormone withdrawal bleeding.
If that was an actual period today would be CD13 and I have received a negative opk every day (twice a day) since CD11.
Yesterday I began experiencing the normal ovulation sore breasts - but I always assumed I had that during O...but I guess it is either before or after, which means I just missed it?
I have two children and had my tsh tested within a year and my ranges were normal. So I think I am just WAY off lol. Anyone experience anything similar? Any advice?
cc617

Re: Life After Mirena

Postby lck5002 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:58 am

I had my mirena out at the end of November after 4 1/2 years. I had it out on tuesday and started bleeding on Saturday for 8 days. I counted it as CD1 to start tracking and didn't O until CD29 with a 43 day cycle. You may just be having a long cycle and it may take a few months to get back to a normal cycle. Im in my 2nd cycle now and hoping this one is shorter and more "normal." My period was definitely shorter this time which I took as a good sign.
lck5002

Re: Life After Mirena

Postby Macha » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:37 pm

I had my Mirena removed after 4 years in on Jan 18 and started the removal bleeding (or first cycle?) 3 days later on Dec. 21st. The bleeding lasted a couple days like a normal period and spotted a couple days after that. I used opks for about 6 days and nothing around cd 11 on. The cycle ended up being 36 days long. The longest I've ever had. I am now on Cycle #2 and had a positive OPK on CD 17 which tells me this cycle will be around 30 ish days long. My cycles before Mirena were around 26-28 days long. We'll see how it goes. Now in my 2ww on 2DPO.

Good luck on your TTC - did you ever start your cycle 2, get a + HPT? How is it going?
Macha
Friend

Return to General TTC Stuff