Spotting for a week before period

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Spotting for a week before period

Postby 860lindsey » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:19 am

Hi everyone! I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or any natural ways to regulate my cycles. Before my first two pregnancies I would start spotting around dpo 9/10 and then my period would start on day 11/12. After my second baby last summer I went on birth control and bleed for 2 months straight. The dr switched my pills and I still continued to bleed all month. I got frustrated and stopped the pills but now on dpo 8 I start spotting and continue until dpo 14/15 before my actual period starts for 6 full days. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions. My temperatures stay very high during the spotting so my dr said by looking at my chart that she didn't think I had low progesterone. Thank you
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Spotting for a week before period

Postby Danaa » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:39 am

Just by looking at someone’s chart you cannot diagnose low progesterone,that is why we have the option to get tested...very unprofessional of your doctor in my opinion.
Have you tried vitex?they say it helps.and maybe try natural progesterone cream starting at 4-5dpo,maybe that will stop the spotting.I have no idea what else to suggest..I hope you find a solution.good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 860lindsey » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:38 pm

The natural progesterone cream can that be bought over the counter? Thank you SO much for your reply.
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:06 am

860lindsey wrote:The natural progesterone cream can that be bought over the counter? Thank you SO much for your reply.

Yesss or online.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to General TTC Stuff