TTC with short cycle

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC with short cycle

Postby bbriley » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:01 pm

Hello,

My husband and I have been TTC since August of last year (2017). I came off of my BC pills in June 2017. Not sure if this would have any effect on anything, but I did have a MC in May 2014 - it was an unexpected pregnancy. I have only been tracking through a couple apps, haven't used OPK, tracked my BBT, or anything like that. We have done the BD frequently during my cycle each month and we were kind of hoping it would just happen, but it hasn't yet! I really thought this month was the one, but AF came with a vengeance today. I had probably the worst PMS of my life this week and have been throwing up all day due to how bad my cramps are. I was also extremely moody and tearful before AF this time, which is very unusual for me. I also noticed that this period came a little earlier than I expected so I began taking a closer look at my cycles. I am concerned that maybe my short cycles could be part of the reason I have not gotten pg yet. Average cycle is 24 days, but I often have 21, 22, or 23 day cycles as well. Has anyone else had trouble getting pg with short cycles? Any tips or advice? I do plan to try OPK this cycle for the first time - tips on which to buy? Thanks in advance.
bbriley

Re: TTC with short cycle

Postby Danaa » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 am

With a short cycle the problem could be a short lp phase Wich means the implantation can’t happen bcs of that or an early ovulation that could mean an immature egg Wich cannot be fertilized.
I highly suggest start tracking your bbt and opk to see.
Edit 24 days cycle is ok,if your average is 24 I don’t think you should be worried.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to General TTC Stuff