Insomnia ever since recent IUI!

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Insomnia ever since recent IUI!

Postby Mandykins » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:57 am

Hi Gals, I just had my first IUI 4 days ago and each night I have had horrible insomnia and hot flashes. Could this be from my progesterone tablets??
Mandykins

Re: Insomnia ever since recent IUI!

Postby hannahdavid » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:50 pm

Hey, there I hope you are doing well. Yes, it could be because of progesterone. Medicines like these do cause you to feel uncomfortable due to which you undergo insomnia. However, it could also be because of the stress. It is pretty natural that when you have a fertility treatment it causes a lot of anxiety and stress. Therefore, I would suggest talking about your feelings with your DH. Tell him how you feel and basically express everything. It could be that you are hiding your emotions. Sometimes we try to be strong and we don't realize how that is breaking us from inside. When my first fertility treatment started I was so nervous. I remember going inside the hospital trembling. We want the treatment to work so badly that we don't have control over the way we act. So don't worry! I am sure the treatment will work out. Good luck!
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
Friend

Re: Insomnia ever since recent IUI!

Postby riazoyer » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:02 am

Hey, there I hope you are doing well. Yes, it could be because of progesterone. Medicines like these do cause you to feel uncomfortable due to which you undergo insomnia. However, it could also be because of the stress. It is pretty natural that when you have a fertility treatment it causes a lot of anxiety and stress. Therefore, I would suggest talking about your feelings with your DH. Tell him how you feel and basically express everything. It could be that you are hiding your emotions. Sometimes we try to be strong and we don't realize how that is breaking us from inside. When my first fertility treatment started I was so nervous. I remember going inside the hospital trembling. We want the treatment to work so badly that we don't have control over the way we act. So don't worry! I am sure the treatment will work out. Good luck!
riazoyer
Friend

Return to General TTC Stuff