Clomid #1 CD18 follicles still growing? Unhelpful nurse!!

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Clomid #1 CD18 follicles still growing? Unhelpful nurse!!

Postby Vault101 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:50 am

Just back from my final ultrasound of this month, it's CD18, I did Clomid 50mg days 2-6. First month. Last week I had U/S appts on Weds (CD13) Thurs (CD14) and Fri (CD15) due to a scheduling cockup, and at each one they said my follicles were growing fine, one big one on each side and a bunch of little ones (biggest 12mm; 14mm; 18mm each scan approx - I'm rounding down there to be on safe side). Then the weekend, I presumed I'd O sunday based on internet reading (I don't do so on my own so this is all new to me). However today Monday CD18 I had final U/S of this cycle and they are still growing (nurse didn't tell me measurements, just that they've kept growing) and honestly, she had such an attitude on her that I was worried to ask many questions and forgot a few things I'd meant to ask!! I did ask if it was good or bad that they hadn't popped yet and she shrugged and said she didn't know!! I also asked if the trigger shot was needed and she said she didn't know that either. :x :x :x

TBH I'm a bit upset, I wanted some more info and to know what's going on - is it working, is it not, when is O day, all that stuff. I presumed the Clomid was working as I had horrendous side effects - hot flushes, insomnia, emotional, so, so tired - but now aside from the tiredness all the rest has faded away and I feel perfectly normal - so I'm feeling like it must not be working for me. :cry: Anyone know, roughly, what I should be expecting on CD18 with Clomid - am I too late to O successfully now? My cycle's usually 28 days!! :o

Thanks
Last edited by Vault101 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Me 31, DH 32
TTC #1 - 4.5 years and counting, never been PG
2017 - learned I don't ovulate (big surprise as regular 27/28 day cycle always)
2018 - finally starting Clomid!! :o
Vault101
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Clomid #1 CD18 follicles still growing? Unhelpful nurse!

Postby Danaa » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:03 am

Was the 18mm measurement from Friday?If yes today probably it was somewhere around 20-21 and it should be ready to pop maybe tomorrow or day after that.
Could you talk to your doctor about this?The nurses attitude is outrageous ..Is not too late to be ovulating but due to the late O your cycle will be longer than 28 days.good luck and update when you can!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Vault101 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:18 am

Hi thanks for replying, yes it was Friday about 18-19mm they said, and i think a little smaller on the right but both are still growing (i don't know how big today, like I said she was really snarky and i forgot to ask for the numbers) I'd let her off as it being a bad day, we all have them, but I had the same nurse for one scan last week and she was horrid then too. :cry: The other two were done by a different lady and she was great - let me see the screen during it and showed me the follicles and lining and that, and explained everything as she did it. I'm quite nervous anyway esp with medical stuff and I've been left feeling a bit rubbish after today - esp as OH was working so this is the first one I've gone to on my own (he's quite assertive and would have marched in and said something lol)
Last edited by Vault101 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me 31, DH 32
Vault101
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:36 am

I’m sorry to hear she is such a b**ch,someone like her shouldn’t be working with hormonal women.She hasn’t given you any information and what are you supposed to do now?wait and see or go again for another scan?do you have a doctor that you could call?This seems very unprofessional to me.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Vault101 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:45 am

Agreed, we've got enough on our plate without dealing with unpleasant staff!!! Doesn't help that our OBGYN (who is lovely) has been off a lot herself so she's hard to track down, I guess I could write to her though... I've got day 21 bloods on Thurs, but then I really don't know what happens next other than wait out the cycle, see if AF shows, do the test if not, start the pills over if so. I don't know if they write to me with the blood test results or what - they're being done at hospital dept, not at the GPs. My OH works in the hospital labs though so that side of things, at least, he can try and chase up for me - he might even end up doing my test himself lol. But yeah, we're a bit lost now really. Just gonna keep up the BDing I guess and see what happens, if anything. Frustrating!! Thanks for reassurance though, was really downhearted but now feel there's a bit of hope again.
Me 31, DH 32
Vault101
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:57 am

Cd 21 blood work tests progesterone to confirm ovulation,in ur case it will show no ovulation so I’m not sure if they will send you for that or what is the protocol.
Pls do write to your doctor,short and to the point.
Keep up with the BD for sure.
No ty needed I’m here to help!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Vault101 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:40 pm

Finally heard from OBGYN today, or rather her secretary - I'm to go for "day 21" bloodwork tomorrow (which is actually day 22, because there's zero chance of me getting through the snow today!!) Still a bit early for a good result if I didn't O til day 19, 20, I think - this coming Sunday would be seven days - but they don't do testing on weekends. Didn't mention the horrid nurse at this stage. Pretty sure I feel 'out' this month, but only coz I don't really feel anything now except a bit downhearted! No signs or symptoms. Ah well, see what the blood test shows and then start over when AF decides to arrive. I keep reading that everyone has these trigger shots, but nobody's even mentioned it to me as an option. Maybe I need one of those. On the plus side, at least I know the Clomid is probably doing it's job, otherwise I wouldn't have steadily growing follies, eh? :) But whether anything will pop out of them (or already has) is a blummin' mystery lol!
Me 31, DH 32
Vault101
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Vault101 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:50 pm

(Have attached my symptom/activity tracker to date, in case anyone finds it interesting lol)
Attachments
clomid1.jpg
clomid1.jpg (70.58 KiB) Viewed 359 times
Me 31, DH 32
Vault101
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:58 pm

Clomid seems to be working for you yes.Trigger shots help with timing a lot.I think you will probably get a low value of progesterone.
You don’t get too many symptoms in early pregnancy.good luck!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Clomid and Femara