New Member <3 Question

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

New Member <3 Question

Postby alwayscoffee » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:00 pm

I was wondering if someone can help me understand my cycle and what is going on? I never know when my period actually starts because it's so weird and spotty. Also, this was the first month I did ovulation strips.

My February Cycle:
6th - started with brown discharge and then dark red blood later, was very light
7th - just brown discharge, very light, hardly any
8th - brown discharge in morning only
9th - no bleeding all day except brown discharge in morning
10th - red blood started in the afternoon and was light
11th - light to medium bleed all day
12th - medium flow
13th - period was done, no blood all day

(took ovulation tests everyday after period ended till I saw a positive)

19th - positive OPK at 8pm
20th - positive OPK at 3:15 pm and then it went negative at 8pm

obviously, hubby and I DTD during this time and before and after.

26th (6 DPO) - brown spotting in morning and then pale, pale watery light pink spotting at night just when I wiped. I swear I thought it was implantation.
27th - light brown spotting just in the morning. Hubby and I DTD and I had a lot of pink mucousy discharge after, hubby said my cervix was low and this could've been caused by irritation.
28th - light brown discharge, it wasn't all day and I had cramps
1st - (today, 9 DPO) wiped after morning pee and saw red blood, not a lot, but enough to think I started my period. I have not had anything else all day. I took a pregnancy test and it was a BFN.

If I really started my period, I would have a short luteal phase, which isn't good. Do you think it's my period? I haven't had any more bleeding since 5 am this morning (it's 1pm now).

Background story: I am 28. Got off Paragaurd IUD in December because I was constantly bleeding (took a couple months to let my cycle go back to normal before TTC). Since December, I've been taking multi-vitamins every day and staying healthy as well.

Any help would be so great, I know this was kinda long!! :-/
TTC since January 2018
Arizona
I'm 28/Hubby is 35
alwayscoffee
Friend

Re: New Member <3 Question

Postby Twacky » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi, I have also had loads of spotting and periods that seemed to take a while to get going like a car that wont start lol.
I only count cd 1 when I see red blood and all other brown/black/watery etc as luteal phase spotting. Don't know if that helps? High strength fish oil capsules and Vitamin b complex made a big difference and reduced spotting a lot in the last 2 years.
Twacky
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby bri78 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:23 am

Coffee, it sounds like you ovulated and either A) implanted around the 26th or 27th, and it failed and turned into your period. or B) have a short luteal phase and your body starts the period before anything can fully implant and begin to produce hormones.

Test again today, if it's positive then great! If not, see what happens next cycle, and if you continue to have bleeding less than 11 or 12 days ovulating then see a doctor. I've heard ladies take B-6 or B-12, i forget which, for short luteal phases.

How long were you on Paragard? Your body is likely re-adjusting after being on BC. May take time.
Me - 26 (PCOS) DH - 27
DS - 6

2/16/2018 - Started NAC, Vitex, Myo-Inositol, DCI, Prenatal, Low Carb Diet
Charting temps.

Cycle #1 - Feb 25th. Weight: 231. Goal this cycle: Ovulation.
bri78

Postby alwayscoffee » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:18 am

Thanks ladies!

Twacky- I just ordered some Vitamin B 6 & 12 and I'll start taking that. Do you take it the whole cycle?

Bri78- I think I have a short luteal phase :( I hope by taking Vitex and Vitamin B, it will help. I see you take Vitex, how do you like? How often do you take it? I was on Paragard for almost 2 years. Paragard didn't have any hormones though and my doctor said I should get pregnant fast, but since my luteal phase is so short, it's getting in the way! I bet I did implant, but my body discarded it when I started my period.

I did start my period after this post. I am having a really really light period for the last 5 days, but there is red blood. No brown. It's super light and doesn't require a tampon. I did take cheap pregnancy test and all were negative :(
TTC since January 2018
Arizona
I'm 28/Hubby is 35
alwayscoffee
Friend

Postby bri78 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:25 pm

Coffee - Each pill is 400mg, I take two in the morning on empty stomach and two before bed on empty stomach. I'm on CD 10 i think. Yesterday I had EWCM, and this morning got my first smiley face on the ovulation digital! I'm not sure if we will try this month, I kinda want to track my cycles for about 3 months and give my eggs time to refresh and improve their quality. But it's so hard to wait when you know you're Oing!!!

As for vitex - I love it. If I ovulate in a couple of days, then it definitely would not have happened without the vitex. That's what I was taking when I got pregnant with my last child. I think it's worth a try for you, I'm not sure exactly how it works but it regulates your hormone production somehow. There are options for you. Vitex, B6, Progesterone supplements. Or maybe your ovulation isn't "strong" enough? Do some research on this. Definitely see a doctor about it if you're in a hurry. I had a short luteal phase as well when I was young, but it resolved itself.
Me - 26 (PCOS) DH - 27
DS - 6

Charting temps.

bri78

Postby Twacky » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:19 pm

You can take the b vits every day, they are water soluble and what the body doesn't use gets pee'd out (bright yellow too, lol)
My high potency b complex can make me a bit queasy if I take it on an empty stomach so I always take with food.
best of luck!
Twacky
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby alwayscoffee » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:48 am

bri78- Just got my Vitex yesterday! Mine are 400 mg each too. I took two this morning on empty stomach and I'm gonna take one more tonight before bed. Mine says 3 a day for 8-12 weeks and then go down to one a day. What if you get pregnant, do you stop them all together or do you keep taking them? I've heard different things on this. It's confusing. My bottle says to just contact your doctor. But I've heard stories where people stopped immediately once they got pregnant and then it ended in a miscarriage.

I bet it's so hard not to try when you are ovulating!! It sounds smart though, sometimes this stuff isn't worth rushing. You want a healthy pregnancy, that's most important! I ordered Vit B6/12 yesterday too so I'll be starting that as soon as I get them. I got 100 mg for B6 and I think it's 250 mg for the B12, not sure, I forget. I'm taking soooo many things lately! haha

Twacky- That's good to know, thank you!! My prenatal already turns my pee yellow so I'm used to that. haha

<3 Good luck to both of you!!
TTC since January 2018
Arizona
I'm 28/Hubby is 35
alwayscoffee
Friend

Postby bri78 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:06 pm

Well things didn't quite go as I thought they would last night. As I said, I got a smiley face on the digi yesterday morning. Lately I've been waking up after DH has already left for work, but that morning we were up at the same time. So he was in the shower when I got excited about the smiley face....well he's had months to say something, and he could have said something that day, I even asked him a couple of times whether he was nervous, and he didn't give me much of a reply, later that night I jumped his bones and when the big moment came, he freaking pulled out! It cut like a knife.

Why didn't he just say something? And he stopped pulling out in Dec or Jan, so it's super frustrating that the one time it would have counted, he purposely didn't do it. So as far as I'm concerned, I'm done. Maybe I'm overreacting. I googled this, and this seems to be a thing, most women suggest not telling him when ovulation is occurring, but I don't think I would feel right doing that, I feel that clearly he's just not ready, and I wish he would have said something before I bought all those supplements and thermometer. I think he may have just wanted it to happen casually but I told him, I don't ovulate without help so that's not a thing for me, it has to be an effort. I tend to be pretty reactive, so I threw away all the supplements and thermometer, and I'm just going to focus on work or something. He's going to have to explicitly tell me when he wants to try, I'm not getting my hopes up anymore.

Coffee, that's great, I'm so excited for you. I hope the vitex works as quickly as it did for me!! I have no idea about whether to take them during early pregnancy or not, I think it may depend on the woman. For me, I think I just needed help having a strong O, so I was okay to stop taking it after my BFP. But for others, if they have any luteal phase issues, low progesterone for example, it may be better to keep taking it. I'm no doctor, but that's my theory.

Since I threw my supplements away, whenever DH is actually ready to try, I'll have to start the 3 month process over again, I just don't see the point in taking them now, it'll only increase the chance of a pregnancy he doesn't want. :( I'm so heartbroken.

I can't wait to see if the vitex works miracles for you!!!
Me - 26 (PCOS) DH - 27
DS - 6

Charting temps.

bri78

Postby alwayscoffee » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:44 am

Wait, why did he pull out? That's weird. Did you ask him why he did that? Maybe he forgot? I don't think you are overreacting at all, I would be mad too! You two need to be on the same page because men don't understand how hard it is for us! To be honest, I would want to be totally frank with my husband and I expect the same from him, don't keep anything from him. Does he not want a baby? I'm so sorry you are going through this! Sounds super frustrating. You can always PM if you want or need someone to vent to! You guys are married right? I'm assuming so since you called him DH.

I hope the Vitex works for me too! I did start to bleed heavily last night, not sure if it's related to Vitex or not. I did take a OT yesterday (before I bled heavily) because I'm on CD7 and last month I got a positive OT on CD11 so I don't want to miss it. My OT last night was almost a positive, it was weird. I'm not sure why it was so dark when I'm still on my period. Last month my OT's were very light right up until ovulation. I wonder what is going on. :( I'm taking another OT soon to see what it says.
TTC since January 2018
Arizona
I'm 28/Hubby is 35
alwayscoffee
Friend

Return to General TTC Stuff