First time TTC - advice or anyone in same position?

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

First time TTC - advice or anyone in same position?

Postby Fingerscrossed.x » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:19 pm

Hi all!
I wondered if any one can relate as at the min I do feel like I’m on my own. I stopped taking the pill Nov 17 after me and my partner got married in Oct. I was on the pill for 10 years and i was reallly hoping that I would come on ASAP - unfortuanlty not the case and it has been 122 days...
I’ve had a scan and it’s not PCOS and blood test all okay ...
we are only just starting to try now for a baby but I wondered as not come on yet - can I still get pregnant pretty quickly ? Wondered if anyone in the same boat and had got pregnant without a ‘normal’ period after stopping the pill?
Also any advice would be great!! X
Fingerscrossed.x
Friend

Re: First time TTC - advice or anyone in same position?

Postby Danaa » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:53 pm

Welcome!!Why hasn’t your doctor gave you some progesterone to jump start your period?Techinically u could ovulate and get pregnant if you haven’t had a normal period BUT after birth control pills it takes a while for your body,ur hormones to regulate.I suggest buying a natural progesterone cream and use that until you get a period and vitex to regulate your hormones.I wish you good luck a speedy bfp!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Fingerscrossed.x » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:00 pm

Hello Danaa :-). Thanks so much for your quick reply!! Really appreciate it.
I went to the doctors in Jan for the blood test. They didn’t mention anything about giving me something to help jump start periods! I was thinking of going back to doctors end of April (so after 2 months of ttc) to see if there was anything they can do if I hadn’t got pregnant. But do you think it’s worth going back now? Also for another blood test too to check levels and see if I have ovulated at all?
Thank you for those suggestions! I will definitely look into taking those x
Fingerscrossed.x
Friend

Postby Danaa » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:06 pm

If you have not gotten a period yes,definitely worth it!!Ask for a progesterone prescription to jumpstart your period.I would even go soon than April!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BettyJames » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:35 am

Hey there. I hope you are doing well. First of all congratulations on the wedding. I wish you good luck for the journey ahead. I think its best to keep in touch with the doctor. Keep trying it you'll have success soon. I hope to see and hear more from you.
BettyJames

Postby Fingerscrossed.x » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:00 am

Thanks both! I have booked a doctors appointment for next Friday, I’ll let you know how I get on! X
Fingerscrossed.x
Friend

Postby ThelmaDuffy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:55 am

The absence of a peiod suggests that you need to wait. It can take sometime for the cycle to become regular after you stop taking the pill. Sometimes a lot of time. But until you have a normal period it is pretty unlikely for you to ge pregnant. As absence of AF suggets something is not right, either egg release or the hormones. Wait for it to happen for you. I am sure it will happen. Good luck!
ThelmaDuffy
Friend

Postby Fingerscrossed.x » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:12 am

Hi ThelmaDuffy!
I hadn’t realised how long it would take or I would of come off the pill last year :-( such a worry feeling!!
I did have a blood test and all seemed ok. LH 9 IU/L and FSH 6.6 IU/L ... scan was okay too but I’m going back to doctors to talk things through and see if they can give me anything! X
Fingerscrossed.x
Friend

Postby dellany » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:32 am

Do not be worried. Sometimes these processes need an extra push. You should consult an OBGYN. They might help you out. You should keep trying though. You never know when you get to conceive. Keep your hopes high. Do not get depressed because of it. You haven't been declared infertile yet so no need to be worried. you still have a lot of time. get some help. I am sure there's some minor issue. It will be fixed easily. Be happy and keep trying. keep us updated. xx
dellany
Friend

Postby dellany » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:45 am

Do not be worried. Sometimes these processes need an extra push. You should consult an OBGYN. They might help you out. You should keep trying though. You never know when you get to conceive. Keep your hopes high. Do not get depressed because of it. You haven't been declared infertile yet so no need to be worried. you still have a lot of time. get some help. I am sure there's some minor issue. It will be fixed easily. Be happy and keep trying. keep us updated. xx
dellany
Friend

Postby Dini » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:21 am

You can definitely get pregnant once you stop the pill and before AF arrives. I have a friend who stopped the pill to give her body a chance to regulate before ttc as it took a while for other friends to get AF back normally.... she waited 3 months for AF to arrive. Turns out she got pregnant straight away and didn't realise it at all! She only found out when she was 12 weeks - her GP sent her for a scan straight away and the baby was dated at 13 weeks. You said you had a scan already, so it's not that you were pregnant. But to answer your question, yes it's possible to get pregnant quickly and before AF arrives. As Danaa says, go back to your GP (or to a different one if your current one is unhelpful) as they should be able to help. 4 months is a long time to wait for AF to show up. Keep us posted on how things go and good luck ☺️
TTC since October 2016

BFP - Jan 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
BFP - Feb 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
BFP - Jul 2018 - Heartbeat seen at 7wks2ds.....
Dini
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Fingerscrossed.x » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:11 pm

Hey,
Just an update ! I went to the doctors today and feeling really rubbish after it :-(. All the doctor could do was prescribed me with norethisterone . But from what I have read your chances of getting pregnancy whilst on it is very unlikely ! As it pumps your body full of progesterone and not read any good reviews on it :-(. Not really sure what to do xxx
Fingerscrossed.x
Friend

Postby Fingerscrossed.x » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:12 pm

It prescribed to try to regulate periods and that’s it’s really!
Fingerscrossed.x
Friend

Postby Dini » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:06 pm

Did your doctor say how long you need to be on it? It might be worth it in the long run :)
TTC since October 2016

BFP - Jan 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
BFP - Feb 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
BFP - Jul 2018 - Heartbeat seen at 7wks2ds.....
Dini
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:12 pm

Progesterone will help jumpstart your period.Probably you won’t be on it for long,2 weeks?
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to General TTC Stuff