Very confused :( Ovulation after d&c

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Very confused :( Ovulation after d&c

Postby Pippi.longstocking » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:37 am

I had d&c one month ago. I was supposed to be 10 weeks but baby had stop growing at 9 weeks.

We were really eager to ttc again after the loss and of course it was devastating to see positive pregnancy tests and ovulation tests after the d&c. Well two weeks after d&c I finally made negative pregnancy test at home and also the ovulation tests were negative. The same day I went for a hcg bloodtest and it came back as 15mlu.

Impatiently I did ovulation tests at home every single day and they showed negative until three days ago lines started getting stronger and now I have got the smiley face result on clearblue test for 4 dats in a row. I was confused and I also did pregnancy test and it shows veeeery faint positive.

I don't think I could be pregnant again because 26th February I still had 15 hcg result because of the miscarriage and I didn't notice any ovulation signs back then.

I don't understand this at all!
I'm going for a bloodtest tomorrow. I'm just wondering should the result be now lower than 17?
There is no way it could have increased if I'm not pregnant, right?
Anyone with similar experience?

Sorry for my bad English :D I'm not native.
Pippi.longstocking
Friend

Re: Very confused :( Ovulation after d&c

Postby Danaa » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:54 pm

Unless this is a new pregnancy or you any any leftover tissue from your previous pregnancy the hcg shouldn’t be increasing.
Post a picture of the test.maybe it was a bad test showing an evap or an indent line.Not sure what to say except good luck and update when you can
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Pippi.longstocking » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:11 pm

Danaa wrote:Unless this is a new pregnancy or you any any leftover tissue from your previous pregnancy the hcg shouldn’t be increasing.
Post a picture of the test.maybe it was a bad test showing an evap or an indent line.Not sure what to say except good luck and update when you can

Thank you for your answer!
First test I did had faint line and I thought that maybe it's not working right and I took another test from that package and dipped it in water :D but it didn't have any faint positive lines, not even after it dried. Then in the evening I peed on one more test and it was again positive, very faintly as well.

I can't post a picture now of the tests, unfortunately.

Oh I'm so done with this cycle, I want it to be over already
I feel so angry and bitter about the miscarriage. It was already our second loss :(
It brings me hope that we have 1 and half year old daughter home but sometimes I gave so dark thoughts about all these losses :( and now I was soo happy to finally see positive ovulation test and then anxious when it keeps staying positive.
It's so confusing. One week ago I was literally crying because all the ovulation tests were showkng negative and now I'm crying because they are positive for too long.
Pippi.longstocking
Friend

Postby Pippi.longstocking » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:18 pm

I have one picture of the pregnancy test. I am not able to post it here, it says the file is too big.

But I uploaded it here
https://aijaa.com/vPZluG

Let me know what you think
Pippi.longstocking
Friend

Postby Danaa » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:11 pm

Yeah it looks like a faint positive.Im keeping my fingers crossed for you this time!!I hope is a new pregnancy and a sticky one.take another test until you get ur blood test results.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Pippi.longstocking » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:50 pm

Danaa wrote:Yeah it looks like a faint positive.Im keeping my fingers crossed for you this time!!I hope is a new pregnancy and a sticky one.take another test until you get ur blood test results.

I so hope that new (succesful) pregnancy comes soon but unfortunately I don't really have any hopes up that I'm pregnant this soon. I don't think we even had sex before the ovulation test started to be positive 4 days ago. We did have sex 2 days after the hcg result showed 15 but I really can't believe I would have ovulated then, probably my hcg level was even too elevated then.

But I'll keep you updated once I've got the results, I promise.
Pippi.longstocking
Friend

Postby Pippi.longstocking » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:22 am

I went for a bloodtest yesterday and got the result today!
My HCG level was 1.9
And also yesterday both pregnancy test and ovulation test are negative.

I'm thinking that the only possibility is that there was something wrong with those tests...their brand is OneStep and they were super cheap online.
Pippi.longstocking
Friend

Postby Danaa » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:28 am

Thank You for the update and sorry to hear that you are not pregnant!!It can be that the test was faulty or that ur hcg was close to 5-6 when you took the test.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to General TTC Stuff