Clomid and no success

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Clomid and no success

Postby Emannheim » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:01 pm

I am a 25 yr old female my husband and I have been ttc for a little over a year now I have just taken my 5th round of clomid and no success I started my period today it's been very frustrating have cried most of the say today. My doctor said if we did not get pregnant on this cycle she wants him to get his sperm tested just to rule it out. If his sperm is ok I honestly don't know what the problem Is? It is hard to have that feeling when you don't know what is wrong or why you are not getting pregnant. I joined this site to be able to open up and be able to voice some of the things I have been going through and maybe relieve some of the pain and stress I'm under with all of this.
Emannheim

Re: Clomid and no success

Postby Danaa » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:41 pm

Hello and welcome!!Ttc is not fun at all!Why didn’t your doctor had ur husband checked before you started taking clomid?You can check out some of the groups on here and join one for more support and information!!good luck!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GKR_1985 » Thu May 31, 2018 5:38 pm

TTC is the hardest thing because it is something you want so badly, but really can't do control. You can do everything right, have nothing medically wrong with you or your partner, and still be unsuccessful because of bad luck. Just know everyone here has been, or is going through the exact same emotions that you are. We all understand you, and you can always talk to us. It is the only way we can stay sane! I wish you lots of baby dust!!!!
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
DD born November 7, 2017 at 38w5d!
GKR_1985
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby cindywoolfe » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:30 am

Hey! I'm sorry. I know it can be really hard. TTC is a tough job. My advice would be to hang in there. Don't lose hope. Keep the faith, good luck!
cindywoolfe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hannahdavid » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:09 pm

TTC journeys can at some point get frustrating. I can completely understand how you might be feeling. It can be really hard however, you just have to be strong. Unexplained infertility is the most common type of infertility. It is also very frustrating! As you are unaware of the problem and thus you don't really have a solution. It is good that your doctor is going to test your husband. If there is an issue, male infertility can be more easily treated. Other than you could look into IVF as well. It has proven to be quite successful. Ask your doctor if it would be a good option. Don't take too much stress certain things take a bit time. I hope the very best of luck to you. Sending baby dust your way. Do keep us posted.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Petunia-Terri-Tumor » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:56 pm

Hi,
I’m new here but have old experience TTC on clomid. I got pregnant with twins when I was 21 on my 5th cycle of clomid 100mg. I was allergic to metformin they tried to add it to help for possible PCOS. Instead we did myo inositol. I had the twins at 27 weeks. I was 3 cm dilated and 100% effaced at 17 weeks and hospitalized the duration of pregnancy. Progesterone was low.

Fast forward to age 24. Staterted myo inositol after stooped breast feeding and pumping for twins. Got pregnant 1 cycle 50 mg clomid! Had singleton at 35 weeks. Still low progesterone and preterm labor issues but not as bad.

Now have healthy 14 yr old twins and 11 yr old.

Cycles were loooooong on clomid BTW so be prepared for that possibility. Also, lining can be thin but Dr. Can give you hormones to help if that ends up being the case. Good luck to you.

Oh and I may have never had PCOS because I was diagnosed with pituitary tumor this year at age 36 and since treated it I’ve had a natural cycle and ovulation!!!
Petunia-Terri-Tumor
Friend

Postby hannahdavid » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:46 am

The doctor should have tested both of you together. However, now that he is finally getting tested I am sure you will get answers. If medication is not helping then you should look into various other treatments. There are a lot of other options as well. However, for the process make sure to visit a clinic that knows how to carry out these treatments. They should doctors that are experienced and professionals. I currently have finally started visiting a clinic as well. This time I made sure I had researched well. I read through their blog which was so helpful. I even watched their videos. All of these things helped me sign up with them. I would suggest you the same as well. Good luck to you. Don't worry and stay strong. Sending baby dust your way.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to General TTC Stuff