Sex advice

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Sex advice

Postby contreras1 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:36 pm

I’m 4 months ttc I haven’t had any luck so far. Can’t help but think I’m doing something wrong. Anyone have any sex tips? I haven’t been able to orgasm must be a mental block. Does this affect conception in any way?
contreras1

Re: Sex advice

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:44 pm

1. You're still in normal range for a healthy couple TTC. Give it a couple more months, then seek help if you wish.
2. Although there are some theories that having an orgasm helps move sperm along and helps create vaginal secretions that steady your pH for sperm health, they are just that- theories. It's totally possible to get pregnant without having an orgasm and it's unlikely to hurt your chances.
3. It's hard to reach climax if your brain is thinking "Are we making a baby? Could this be the one? What if this isn't our cycle? This is cycle x, so if we don't conceive by cycle y, I need to call a doctor..." Yada, yada, yada. It's also hard if you know you're BDing for baby making or doing it on a schedule, or doing it too much. In these cases, I think it's easy to speed through things because you know he's ready.

We've now been trying for #2 for a year and a half and I've learned a few things. For starters, hubby and I had to learn to communicate openly about the pitfalls of baby making sex. For several cycles I just let him take the lead and we actually ended up with great timing. I've found that scheduled BD just sucks for us (more specifically me- he never has an issue getting the job done, but that's not the case with all men). So I monitor my cm and opks, then I usually initiate things if he doesn't. I've learned not to rush. Sometimes close to O, the poor guy has to work really hard because my body is tired, but we've talked about it, so I'm not sitting there wondering what he's thinking the whole time lol. And to be honest, there are days where I just tell him in the middle of it all that it's not gonna happen for me and we finish up. I think the most important thing is to not let the perfect schedule override your preferences. You can try new positions or locations if that's your thing, but I find comfort in our usual routine so I don't try too hard to switch things up usually.

I hope that helps!
Me (Becca): 33 DH:38

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/2015

Giving letrozole a try at 2.5 mg:
Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby contreras1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:58 pm

BeeCee33 wrote:1. You're still in normal range for a healthy couple TTC. Give it a couple more months, then seek help if you wish.
2. Although there are some theories that having an orgasm helps move sperm along and helps create vaginal secretions that steady your pH for sperm health, they are just that- theories. It's totally possible to get pregnant without having an orgasm and it's unlikely to hurt your chances.
3. It's hard to reach climax if your brain is thinking "Are we making a baby? Could this be the one? What if this isn't our cycle? This is cycle x, so if we don't conceive by cycle y, I need to call a doctor..." Yada, yada, yada. It's also hard if you know you're BDing for baby making or doing it on a schedule, or doing it too much. In these cases, I think it's easy to speed through things because you know he's ready.

We've now been trying for #2 for a year and a half and I've learned a few things. For starters, hubby and I had to learn to communicate openly about the pitfalls of baby making sex. For several cycles I just let him take the lead and we actually ended up with great timing. I've found that scheduled BD just sucks for us (more specifically me- he never has an issue getting the job done, but that's not the case with all men). So I monitor my cm and opks, then I usually initiate things if he doesn't. I've learned not to rush. Sometimes close to O, the poor guy has to work really hard because my body is tired, but we've talked about it, so I'm not sitting there wondering what he's thinking the whole time lol. And to be honest, there are days where I just tell him in the middle of it all that it's not gonna happen for me and we finish up. I think the most important thing is to not let the perfect schedule override your preferences. You can try new positions or locations if that's your thing, but I find comfort in our usual routine so I don't try too hard to switch things up usually.

I hope that helps!

Thanks so much for your comprehensive reply it really helps!
contreras1

Postby GKR_1985 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:23 pm

My only conception tip is something for after. Stay in bed for about 5 minutes lying down afterwards. It doesn't help everyone, but it helped me. As for the big O, I have trouble with that, especially during stressful BDing! I used to wait until he was done and then try and relax and finish myself. :)
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
DD born November 7, 2017 at 38w5d!
GKR_1985
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to General TTC Stuff