TTC after Nexplanon Birth Control?

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

TTC after Nexplanon Birth Control?

Postby thesavvyleigh » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:37 pm

Hey everybody,

I'm new to this forum so forgive me if I'm putting this in the wrong discussion folder.

Anyways, I currently have the Nexplanon implant in and I have since May 2017. My boyfriend and I decided to start TTC around January of 2019, partially because I'll finish my sophomore year of college next year in May, and I can go do my classes online; so Fall of 2019 would be the best time to welcome a baby.

My doctor told me that I will become fertile again right after I get it removed. I've heard stories of women becoming pregnant almost a month after it's taken out. But I've been researching and I heard a lot women don't actually become pregnant until almost a year after their implant is taken out.

My main question is: When should I have my implant removed? I was planning on late November/early December, but if I want to conceive in January successfully after my implant is taken out, does it need to be earlier? I really don't want to fall pregnant too early because I'm going to classes on campus and not online, and I rather not switch to online quite yet.

Any advice? I haven't gotten any answers anywhere else :(
thesavvyleigh

Re: TTC after Nexplanon Birth Control?

Postby GKR_1985 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:44 pm

The of thing I have learned is you can never plan when it will happen. TTC is a difficult journey and one that is completely out of your control on many ways.

I have family who have gotten pregnant first time, every time. I
Have friends who tried for 3 years before success, and then I have friends who are still TTC 7 years later.

You can't plan when you will get pregnant, only when you will start trying. My advice is start trying as soon as possible, but only if you are 100% ready for if it works right away. A hard line to find.

I think of you are worried about your implant effecting your fertility get it out sooner and then use other protection until you are ready to TTC.

However, even if there is nothing wrong expect it to take up to a year to conceive (if both you and your partner are normal), and when you do get pregnant it might not sick. Like my first which ended in miscarriage.

One last bit of advice. If to have any schooling to do make sure it is completely done before you have a baby. You think there will be time to do this and do that, but once that little bundle of joy comes along their needs will come first and it will be a full time job looking after them. A family member was 6 months away from completing her PhD when her son was born. She decided to TTC even though she was in school, because she was in her late thirties and feeling her bio clock ticking. She was going to write the last bit of her thesis and graduate while the baby was sleeping was her plan. Her son is now 17 and she still doesn't have her PhD. I don't want to dissuade you, but be realistic about what is possible. Some people can do it, but it takes a certain person Ave it is very hard.
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
DD born November 7, 2017 at 38w5d!
GKR_1985
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby the1native91 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:18 pm

I have been reading that a lot of women get pregnant right away, but I have also read that it can take up to a year to get pregnant. My hubby just asked me if I wanted to get off Nexplanon, and ttc. So Im now in the process to get it removed and start my journey. my DH thinks that he is very fertile, tho he may be his ego talking. He got his ex prego in a month of being together with her in 2012, tho sadly the baby didn't stick. My sister who is currently pregnant told me to start taking prenatals sooner rather than later, tho I would like to talk with a doctor and see what my options are.
the1native91

Postby TTCDoggieMom » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:04 pm

TTC takes time. If you are wanting to get the implant out now to start tracking your cycles, barrier methods are non-hormonal and would be a way for you to prevent pregnancy while you wait.
TTCDoggieMom

Return to General TTC Stuff