Looking for support

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Looking for support

Postby Growingfamily2018 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:14 pm

Hello everyone, I am so new to this. I am just looking for support. I am in a same sex marriage and I have been TTC through IUI now for 3 months, on my 3rd round. Is there anyone else out there?
Growingfamily2018
Friend

Re: Looking for support

Postby hannahdavid » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:10 am

Hey, I hope you are fine. I have been through IUI as well. It really has a low chance of working. About 25% I believe. I know people for whom it worked the first time. I know people for whom it worked later. It is very unpredictable I think. Just make sure you are visiting a doctor with a high success rate.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby emma228 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:11 pm

Hey. It is really hard for the same-sex couples sometimes. They are not legally protected in many countries. They do really need some favour. Secondly, they have some issues with babies that they can not reproduce. Surrogacy really worked for them as they can have their genetic baby through surrogacy. Surrogacy has made their lives much easier and comfortable. A few couples are not in favour of surrogacy so it really worked for them. They should be aware of such processes. I wish you good luck.
emma228
Friend

Postby nathalie335 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:50 pm

Hi there. This is such an amazing news. I am so happy for you both. I really hope you have an amazing journey and a safe one. Do keep us posted on it. And i am sure there are so many around. I was binge watching videos on YouTube the other day. You are not alone.
nathalie335
Friend

Postby Growingfamily2018 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:38 am

Thank you all! My wife is very supported in all this and wants to grow our family as much as I do. The hardest thing is the disappointment after the TWW, especially when you are doing everything that you are supposed to be doing. If round 3 does not work, I will be starting Clomid!
Growingfamily2018
Friend

Postby annataylor1 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:21 pm

Hey Dear. Hope so you are doing fine. Well, my friend, I hope that everything is working well for you. I am here to share my experience with you. I also tried IUI to have a baby not only once but thrice. But I failed miserably. My doctor gives me an opinion of IVF. I discuss that opinion with my husband. My husband is always so supportive of me. He supported me at that time. Then we go for IVF. After the first unsuccessful attempt, I was a bit hopeless. But things just somehow works for me in the second attachment. And now I am a mother of a baby boy. I just want to tell you that IUI is a good thing. but in case it did not work then you should go for IVF.
annataylor1
Friend

Postby lindaswank » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:43 pm

Hi. How are you doing? Dear, I think you should try some other infertility treatment like surrogacy or IVF. Because has so low success chances. One of my friends had a baby through IVF on her first attempt. It was just unbelievable for her. IUI is also a good process. But it has so low success chances. As you have tried 3 times but there is no positive result. So, dear, I think you should go for other ways. Maybe this will help you to fulfil your desire. The choice is all yours. I am just trying to help you. Wish you Good luck!
lindaswank
Friend

Postby Growingfamily2018 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:38 am

Thank you Anna and Linda! As of right now we are paying out of pocket for all cycles. My insurance does not kick in till after the 6th failed attempt :( bummer I know. IF the 6th failed attempt happens we will be doing IVF instead of IUI.
Growingfamily2018
Friend

Postby Samantha115 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:12 am

Hey there. I hope you're fine. You have to keep trying. We get to see few stories of same-sex marriages. Yours is an inspiration. Don't give up. I pray you to get what you want. Good luck. Lots of love!
Samantha115
Friend

Postby Growingfamily2018 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:26 am

Thank you Samantha!!!
Growingfamily2018
Friend

Postby annawilliam » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:11 am

Hey, hope you are doing well. I haven't tried IUI. I don't think it is more efficient and successful. Because one of my husband's friend's wife tried IUI and IVF procedure and both failed. So she asked me not to choose these procedure and i personally was not so satisfied. I have researched on IVF, IU and surrogacy and found surrogacy way too safe and efficient. I have seen so many documentaries and success stories on you tube about surrogacy. You should also watch them. And please consult a good clinic for your treatment because there are lot of scammers we have around which are just making money through these procedures. I only have seen a few cases of IVF and IUI which got successful in first attempt. There could be a lot of reasons for it and the one bis reason is these non-reliable clinics. Beware of such clinics. I have consulted biotexcom clinic in ukraine for my procedure and clinic has the high success rate so i am positive for my journey.They have a proper legal procedure to proceed these cases plus there charges are reasonable. Contacting them once would be really worth it. Infact they are organising an evenr here in Uk on 18-19 august. You can visit them too. You can discuss your case with them. The doctors are highly experienced, they will give you best advice. they are humble as well. and the visit will be worth iy. Do give it a try.
annawilliam
Friend

Postby BeccaChloe » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:24 am

I haven't tried IUI but IVF did. And it was a fail for me. I am in my 40's and have a low ovarian reserve. But I have seen many couples having difficulty in 30 and 20's. It's all luck and depending on the clinic you go to for the resolution. If you are confused and need a second opinion. There is a conference going to happen on 18/19 August. Don't. worry the consultation will be free. The clinic is a very renowned facility in Europe. Bitoexcom is coming to London for an open day event. There will be free consultation meetings, surrogacy sign ups and lots more that will encourage and educate you on fertility treatments. Register yourself before the seats are full, as its going to be huge. Email at surrogacy@Biotexcom.com
BeccaChloe
Friend

Postby Olivia29 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:34 am

am so sorry to hear what happened. It must have been devastating. My sister got married a few years ago. But she was struggling to conceive. Thus, she opted for surrogacy. She contacted a clinic to go for surrogacy. She sent an email to the clinic and waited a few days to hear back from them. But to her disappointment they did not reply back. She waited for months before she contacted them again, but she was disappointed again. The clinic is so unprofessional. They had no proper training on how to deal with customers or clients. She was so disappointed and lost all hope. If there are any good surrogacy clinics please let me know.
Olivia29
Friend

Postby Olivia07 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:23 am

Hey dear. It really made me sad. I know after marriage children are really important. Well, the life is not ended at giving birth naturally. You can try alternatives. Surrogacy would be best for you. Surrogacy has made my life beautiful. I had faced infertility for more than 8 years. It was so hurtful to me. My life was meaningless. I had to add colors to it. But it couldn't happen naturally. I had to do something for myself. My friend told me about a good clinic in Europe. I took an email. After the visit, I was quite happy and relaxed. I felt proud of my choice. They deal with me nicely. The doctors were experienced. The did my surrogacy smoothly. Now I am happy.
Olivia07
Friend

Postby sidneywhite » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:39 am

Hello dear, how are you doing? Sorry to hear about your situation. A family is incomplete without a a child. I can relate the feelings. Why did you choose IUI? The success rate is very low. I think you should have to try surrogacy. Surrogacy is a miracle. I think it is the best choice for you. I also adopted surrogacy last year. I am an infertile. I an't conceive because of my heart problem. We consulted a good clinic of Ukraine for surrogacy. They are the best. They have then latest technology and equipment's. Now we have a baby. It is all thanks to them for making our dream come true. I think you should visit them for better results. Good luck
sidneywhite
Friend

Next

Return to General TTC Stuff