14 dpo and 3 days late

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

14 dpo and 3 days late

Postby Becca_momto3boys » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:18 pm

I am the mom of three boys. 15, 13, and 13. Ten years ago, we decided, after a very complicated and scary twin pregnancy, to not have more kids. Though I still wanted a girl, I didn't want to be pregnant again, it was too scary. I thought, we could always adopt or foster or something.

About a year or two later, I talked to my husband about adopting. We were 30/31 and it seemed like a good time. Well, we were thrown a loop and ended up having to move out of state. It took a few years to get plugged in to the new community and have a support system. We started looking into adoption again. We were now about 33/34. We were called out of the blue to adopt a little girl that was due in 2 months. We scrambled to get everything together and right before she was born, the mother changed her mind. (I don't begrudge her that at all. I can't imagine how difficult that would be.). I did take it hard because I was heartbroken. Rather than return everything, I ended up giving it away. I didn't want it anymore. I was so sad.

After a few years, the pain wasn't so bad, so we started looking into fostering to adopt. No sooner do we start all of that paperwork that we are called to move out of state again. (We had been in this state for 7 years.) I looked at my hubby and said, "It isn't meant to be. I want God's plan, so I'm done." I thought if I'm the mom of boys, I can pray to have a few granddaughters for later.

Now, I'm living in a new state, FL, and have been here one year. Great support system but no desire to foster and adopt. Here's where it gets interesting...

June 26th I have this VIVID dream. I'm sitting in my house with my feet propped up on my coffee table and a HUGE pregnant belly. I say, "Oh! Today's my due date, I've never made it that far before!" (My first son was born at 37 weeks and our twins were born by emergency c-section at 29 weeks because of TTTS.)

I woke up and thought, that's weird. I told my husband and he said never going to happen. I use an app for my cycle just so I keep track. I looked and it said it was my 'fertile' week. So I teased my husband. We have a pretty active love life and it was the week of our twins turning into teenagers, the big 1-3. Almost immediately, I started feeling nauseated. The only reason I have dpo's is because of my app.

1-3 dpo TIRED! Cramps, headache, nauseated, vivid dreams
4 dpo Starting to question if I could be pregnant?! Same symptoms plus slight tenderness in breasts
5 dpo Same symptoms and start belching and loose potty issues
6 dpo Take a cheap dollar test (Why? I know better) BFN
7 dpo Same symptoms. Add bloating
8 dpo. Add body aches. Tested in the morning, bfn
9 dpo So many cramps! Bloating, loose bowels, insomnia, nausea, so tired, vivid dreams, bleeding gums, body aches. Tested, bfn
10-11 dpo. All symptoms stopped. Uh. Lots of creamy cm and I cannot reach my cervix.
12 dpo. Missed my period. Tested, bfn
13 dpo. Vivid dream that I took a test and it was BFP, tested, but it was a bfn. Lots of slippery and creamy cm. Cannot reach my cervix still.
14 dpo DID NOT TEST TODAY. Vivid dream that the doctor said it was getting close to push. They said they were going to help move things along by messing with my cervix. When they did that, I had a view into my womb of a baby still in her sack, sleeping...

I'm now 3 days late. I have pulling in my stomach, my breasts are HEAVY and slightly sore. My vagina feels sore, like bruised.

I'm struggling because I haven't had a baby is 13 years and it was under stressful situation. I don't know what I'm doing! I told my hubby it could be nothing and just a late period but what if it's not? I love the fact that God could have another way and would want to bless us with another baby.

Any insight would be great, I plan on testing again in the morning. That will be 15 dpo.

-Becca
Becca
Adoring wife to my DH and mom to three DS, 15, 13, and 13
Becca_momto3boys
Friend

Re: 14 dpo and 3 days late

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:10 pm

Hi Becca, Becca here! :) I don't know that I have any insight, but I'm following along to see what happens! What a ride!
Me (Becca): 33 DH:38

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/2015

Giving letrozole a try at 2.5 mg:
Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Becca_momto3boys » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:28 am

I tested this morning. Still a BFN. I didn't have any dreams last night, that I recall.

How long is too long? I think I'm going to wait a few days and buy a FRER test. If that comes back negative, I guess I'll just wait for my period?

I looked for when I tested with my 15 year old. I was 15 dpo when I got my bfp. Maybe I need a few more days? The twins don't really count because I tested a week early and it was a dark line which was my first clue it was twins. ;-)

Feeling a little sad but willing to take what's true.
Becca
Becca_momto3boys
Friend

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:52 pm

It all depends on when you ovulated. Since you don't have your exact O date verified by temping, you could be off by a few days and not actually be late/as many dpo as you're thinking. Are you still feeling pregnancy symptoms?

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Becca_momto3boys » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:32 pm

I still have some symptoms but nothing that couldn't be from AF too. Cramping, sore breasts. My cervix is still unreachable and lots of cm. I keep feeling wet. I plan on waiting till Wednesday. That would be the longest I've ever gone between periods. Then I guess I call my doctor??
Becca
Becca_momto3boys
Friend

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:11 pm

I guess so... It's so hard to tell when you don't have exact dates! But if AF is still missing after a week, I think they'd probably be willing to do a blood test for you just to see!

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Becca_momto3boys » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:07 pm

Still nothing today. My breasts are killing me! (But that can be an AF sign too.). I bought an frer box of tests. I took one and it looked like a shadow. Makes me think I'm just looking for it. I'll try again in the morning if there's still no AF.

I appreciate someone to talk to. :-)
Becca
Becca_momto3boys
Friend

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:07 pm

Ugh, those FRERs have been bad lately about leaving really faint hints of a line, too. Sore boobs are a good sign!

I'm going crazy over here, too. I'm still 5 days from AF, but this is my second cycle on letrozole so my hopes are up high and I'm just a ball of anxiety! I've had light cramping since 5 dpo, which I've had on other bfp cycles and a couple bfn ones (although I suspect something may have been brewing and just not have stuck on those ones). After nearly 2 years trying for baby #2, I got good at not expecting much, but adding the letrozole makes me feel like I'm starting over and I'm going crazy!

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Becca_momto3boys » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:58 pm

Thanks Becca. I ended up starting today. It's very painful. Lots of Advil and my heating pad. Either a really bad cycle or even a chemical pregnancy. The barely line I had never got stronger. Either evaporation line or non viable pregnancy. Either way, glad to have an answer.

I hope you get your bfp soon! :hb:
Becca
Becca_momto3boys
Friend

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:18 pm

Aw, I'm so sorry to hear that. :( Sometimes these things have a way of helping us figure out how we really feel about things, though. Do you think another try is in your future?

And thank you. I'm very hopeful that this will be my cycle... Just trying not to test yet because I can't handle the letdown today.

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MrsNelson85 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:43 pm

Becca, I am due for AF in three days. Today I tried to feel my cervix and it is so hard and closed that I can barely stick my finger in. Hoping AF doesn't come!
MrsNelson85

Return to General TTC Stuff