Any tips or advice

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: Any tips or advice

Postby beckybenson » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:17 am

Hello, I hope you are fine. I'm sorry to hear about your failed IUIs. I know its hard but things will work out for you. You should go for IVF. It has a better chance of working in your case. Take your time and think about it. There's no rush. Good luck.
beckybenson
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mimimama » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:30 am

Unfortunately IUI has lower success rates, than IVF. And if you want to increase your chances of getting pregnant, you might consider undergoing IVF PGS NGS. All the best
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:10 am

I'm sorry to hear this. I agree with above posters – you should seek help through ivf. 8) Before beginning a cycle of IVF using your own eggs and sperm in a reputable clinic, you and your partner will likely need various screenings, including:
To determine the quantity and quality of your eggs, your doctor might test the concentration of FSH, estradiol and antimullerian hormone in your blood during the first few days of your menstrual cycle. Test results (often used together with an ultrasound of your ovaries) can help predict how your ovaries will respond to fertility medication. If not done as part of your initial fertility evaluation, your doctor will conduct a semen analysis shortly before the start of an IVF treatment cycle.
You and your partner will both be screened for infectious diseases, including HIV.
Your doctor might conduct a mock embryo transfer to determine the depth of your uterine cavity and the technique most likely to successfully place the embryos into your uterus. Your doctor will examine your uterine cavity before you start IVF. This might involve a sonohysterography (in which fluid is injected through the cervix into your uterus) and an ultrasound to create images of your uterine cavity. Or it might include a hysteroscopy (in which a thin, flexible, hysteroscope is inserted through your vagina and cervix into your uterus.) All those things done to make the chances much higher than through IUI. All my positive thoughts going your way x
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:16 am

hellen03 wrote:I hope that you are doing great. Sorry to learn about your hardships. However, it’s appreciable that you are not losing hope. You are going right smoothly. Believe in yourself and hope for the best. Accept my heartiest congratulations dear. Surrogacy is also an option you may think about. The final decision will be yours!

I'm not sure it's the time to push the former poster onto surrogacy. :? Unless she's healthy enough to carry a baby herself, there's no need to apply for someone's else help. The point is that it's necessary to find the right treatment approach. Furthermore one will need some of the requirements for the surrogacy before applying. Like life threatening diseases, multiple ivf failures or inability to carry a baby oneself. Considering all those facts, surrogacy might be a long, complicated process. Why not opting for IVF first then?!!
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Previous

Return to General Infertility