TTC first time IUI w/ donor

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

TTC first time IUI w/ donor

Postby Jesslove » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:35 pm

Hello Everyone!
I'm new here, I'm in a same sex marriage and I'm 28 yrs old. This is going to be my 2nd child, My daughter is 10yrs old. So huge age gap.
My Wife and I will be TTC my first cycle through IUI w/ a donor. Right now I am day 3 in my cycle and we have already ordered our sperm.
Next week ill be testing OPKs so I can find my exact ovulation day. I'm super nervous! Wish me luck!

My question is, Has anyone had any success with their first IUI without any treatments?
Jesslove
Friend

Re: TTC first time IUI w/ donor

Postby BeeCee33 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:49 pm

My friend was on letrozole, but her first IUI worked! I just did my first one yesterday, so the verdict is still out for me.

I did talk to my aunt who is an obgyn and I told her I was really down about my chances because my doctor said they plan assuming IUI will work within 6 tries if it's going to work. We don't have money for that many so that thought was really depressing, but she told me there is nothing about the 6th try that makes it any more likely to work than the first. You can only give it a try and see what happens!
Me (Becca): 33 DH:38

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/2015

Giving letrozole a try at 2.5 mg:
Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
Added progesterone
Cycle 3-- BFN
Cycle 4-- BFN
Cycle 5-- IUI #1 10/4/18
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jesslove » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:27 am

Omg that's exciting! Almost a week down. How are you feeling?

My Doctor told me the exact same thing, only that its more likely to be successful after the third try. But I agree with your aunt, It makes no sense how any other cycle would be better than the first.
I'm still testing OPKs waiting for that Ovulation day. So fingers crossed it comes by fast lol
Jesslove
Friend

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:11 am

Doing ok over here. 5dpiui, so it's still too early to symptom spot really, but it hasn't kept me from doing it! Last night I had some cramping (not uncommon with the progesterone) and I was like I know it's probably not implantation, but what if it's implantation?! I'm taking a 10 day break from social media for my own mental health, but I have a little group of friends I normally update with all these things on Facebook and I'm reaaaally missing them about now. I only expect it to get worse this next week! But overall I think it's helped tremendously to not be bombarded with political posts and pregnancy announcements, which it seems are the only two things on my feed!

I go back and forth from thinking, "We did something different this month! It has to work!" To the depressing, "It's not that much more likely to work than a natural cycle. I probably shouldn't get my hopes up." I also keep thinking I'm farther into the tww that I am, so I'm disappointed when I think maybe I feel something and go check and realize it's way too early lol. It's a mind game!

Is your doc doing any follicle monitoring, or just waiting for your positive opk?

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
Added progesterone
Cycle 3-- BFN
Cycle 4-- BFN
Cycle 5-- IUI #1 10/4/18
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jesslove » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:33 am

Girl you are two days away from that tww!
How are you feeling? Have you tested at all?
I've been so MIA, I feel you! there's nothing but pregnancy announcements on my feed. I took a few days off myself.

Its my first cycle so I'm trying the opks first and I feel stressed out. I'm currently on cd#15 and still no positive.
Jesslove
Friend

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:58 am

I tested yesterday and today, 10/11 dpo, and bfn. :( I'm feeling very... confused about how I feel. On the one hand, I feel like I knew it wouldn't work, but on the other I was really hopeful because we tried something new. I know there's technically still time (AF is due Friday) but I'm just not feeling it.

Our rent and health insurance premium are going to cost us several hundred dollars more each month beginning in January so saving up for more IUIs might not be an option for us for the foreseeable future. I'm just feeling really bummed about it all this morning. We've been at this for 2 years and I'm just worn out. :( I'm sure the entrance progesterone they have me on isn't helping there. I'm sure I'll feel more positive once w've moved on to another cycle.

Anyway.... Have you noticed any other signs of O approaching? I usually get a couple of days of ewcm before I get my positive opk and sometimes feel some twinges on the side I'm going to O from.

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
Added progesterone
Cycle 3-- BFN
Cycle 4-- BFN
Cycle 5-- IUI #1 10/4/18
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hannahdavid » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:35 am

It really depends on the situation. IUI has a low chance of success for someone who is suffering from a diagnosed infertility disorder. Usually, its IVF that works for them. IUI is very close to TTC naturally. For the process just make sure the doctor you are visiting is experienced. He should know what he/she is doing. Good luck to you. Sending baby dust your way.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to General TTC Stuff