Hope for Non-Obstructive Azoospermia!

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Hope for Non-Obstructive Azoospermia!

Postby hmContine16 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:01 pm

Let me start off by saying that everyone is different and this won't work for everyone, but I looked everywhere for success stories after getting DH's diagnosis and I couldn't find many so I wanted to post ours.

DH was diagnosed with Azoospermia (0 sperm count) in July of this year. We traveled 4 hours one way to see the best urologist in the state who told DH to try Clomid for 3 months before we decided on doing a mTESE or using donor sperm. He only gave us a 5-10% chance of the Clomid working, but we are very young so we have time on our side. DH's hormone levels were normal except for slightly low testosterone for his age (251)

In September we got the 2nd semen analysis results back - 0 sperm again. His FSH and LH levels skyrocketed but his testosterone increased to normal range. We pretty much gave up hope and started looking into donor sperm. We had even picked out our donor. We were just waiting on the final analysis to come back.

Well, this past Friday we received the news that DH had sperm in the ejaculate!! He only had 800,000 sperm with 35% motility, but that's better than none. He has also started FertilAid, Countboost and Motilityboost as well. We plan on rechecking his sperm count again at the first of the year, and depending on those results we will either do IUI or IVF/ICSI.

We really did not expect Clomid to work for him, but we are thrilled with the results. Even though we still can't conceive naturally, we can at least have our own biological child now.
Me & DH - 08/14/2016
TTC #1 since July 2016
DX-Me: Septum In Uterus and Endo - laparoscopy in 11/17
DX-DH: Azoospermia (0 sperm count in 2 SAs)
DH started Clomid in 08/17 - sperm found in 11/2017!! (800,000 per cc)
IVF planned for January 2018!

http://www.haleysjourneytobaby.blogspot.com
hmContine16
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Hope for Non-Obstructive Azoospermia!

Postby Danaa » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:14 pm

Wonderful news!!!sending baby dust your way!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bellami11 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:01 pm

My husband was diagnosed with severe male factor as well, in his last S.A. the doc said he found 2 sperm (he said he only looked at small portion of the sample) but the two he saw were motile! He said he thinks we can have success with ivf w/ icsi! Hubs is now taking fertilaid, all 3, and we are getting ready to try our first retrieval with my next cycle due around the 17th or 18th! Hubs had an undescended testicle as a baby that was repaired at about a year old, and that's all anyone can come up with to explain his fertility issues. His bloodwork came back with testosterone at 240, he is 37, but that said it's slightly low, and they said his fsh is high, but no real answers... RE says it's not worth finding out the why if he can just solve the how Lol! I guess we will find out! Anyway! Good luck and baby dust!!
TTC 10 Years...
Me 39 just turned! :rofl: DH 37
Severe Male Factor
Getting ready to do our first IVF w/ICSI and PGS
Going through lots of testing right now and just found a large fibroid that needs to be removed
Cycle delayed because of it.
Surgery to remove fibroid scheduled for 12/19
fx-ing for Jan/Feb retrieval and transfer 8) 8) 8)
Bellami11

Postby hmContine16 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:04 am

Baby dust to you as well!! Did your RE suggest freezing any samples prior to the egg retrieval? The urologist suggested that to us and I'm going to talk with m RE about it.
Me & DH - 08/14/2016
TTC #1 since July 2016

hmContine16
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Bellami11 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:08 pm

@ Hmcontine- Our doc has suggested freezing a sample due to how low my hubs count is, he said that this is a good back up for us if retrieval arrives and not enough swimmers do lol! Hubs has a cupdate in his very near future lmao!
TTC 10 Years...
Me 39 just turned! :rofl: DH 37
Severe Male Factor
Getting ready to do our first IVF w/ICSI and PGS
Going through lots of testing right now and just found a large fibroid that needs to be removed
Cycle delayed because of it.
Surgery to remove fibroid scheduled for 12/19
fx-ing for Jan/Feb retrieval and transfer 8) 8) 8)
Bellami11

Postby hmContine16 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:55 am

My RE actually told us it probably wouldn't help to freeze any since he has such low count and most of them would be lost in the thaw. Just going to hope and pray that he has a good sample on retrieval day! He has one last SA next Friday 12/15 just to make sure he still has swimmers. We are still planning to do IVF next month if everything goes ok.
Me & DH - 08/14/2016
TTC #1 since July 2016

hmContine16
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to General Infertility