HSG Today

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

HSG Today

Postby CORTNEY29 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:25 pm

Hello ladies. I had an HSG performed today. I only have one tube due to an ectopic 4 years ago. The dr said my tube is open, but the dye pooled in my tube? He now wants to see if I ovulate? I have had all this blood work, ultrasounds, and pelvic exams performed already. I don't know why he wants to do it all over again? I thought they would have tested to see if i ovulate first, then do the HSG? I could be wrong, but it sounds logical to me. Has anyone that you ladies know, have an HSG and became pregnant soon after? For some reason, the dr doesn't want to give fertility meds just yet, but i say 4 years is too long of a wait to not be given something to help me out. Advice, help on this fertility treatment drama? Thanks for taking the time to read.
CORTNEY29
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wannabmommee » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:36 pm

I had one tube that the dye seemed to have pooled, and what happened was my tube just spasmed during the procedure. In my honest opinion, waiting 4 years is a long time, and I have heard many people on here that have had successful pregnancies right after. But with that said, i would be more aggressive. waiting for 4 years is a long time, and I hope that your RE had some major reasons why to keep waiting. But, that's just my opinion. Do you have many RE's in your area? Maybe get a second opinion.
Rachel (32), DH (34)
DX: MFI
2 Chemical Pregnancies
3/11-4/11: Letrozole/femara, Trigger, IUI & Endometrium- BFN
5/11- Menopur, Ovidrel, IUI & Endometrium-
Taking a break...
9/13 Surprise BFP! 9/14 Beta 44,605!! Woohoo!

A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man would have to seek the Lord first to find her.
Greater is HE that is in me than he that is in the world!
wannabmommee
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby CORTNEY29 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:54 am

I was so nervous, and tense because of all the horror stories I read about, and my tube probably did spasm because of that. Yes there are many RE's in my area and I am seeking a second opinion because I feel that the doctor's at this particular center are giving me the run around. I am almost 35 and time's a wasting lol. All I asked for was a stimulant and the HSG. Not too much to ask considering all i've been through and the endless waiting. Sometimes I feel like they know I have insurance and are trying to run up the tab. I could be wrong, but to me all this blood work over and over again is pointless! Get it over with and give me meds already! Thanks for your encouragement and advice. I am definitely going to put it to use! :babydustb: :babydustg: to you!
CORTNEY29
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wannabmommee » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:28 am

Cortney, you are around my age- so I'd definitely get a second opinion. What's interesting is that your RE is waiting- and most OBGYN's prescribe chlomid too! So there shouldn't be a problem with him prescribing you some meds- UNLESS he thought there was a problem. BUT routine blood tests should have covered all that- and I had to take one big blood test in the beginning and non thereafter- so I'm not sure why he's beating around the bush.

Good luck to you. Is this going to be your first time on meds? Have you done any other form o ftherapy?
Rachel (32), DH (34)
2 Chemical Pregnancies
Taking a break...

A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man would have to seek the Lord first to find her.
wannabmommee
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby candjbaby » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:49 pm

they did a biopsy like test on day 21 of my cycle to see if i was ovulating sorry not sure what it was called but they went in and took part of the lining. did not hurt or anything and i did blood work . i had a hsg this month and even thought my tubes showed blocked i am still hoping for a miracle before i see a RE but with your age i would still want more done and and with the length of trying figure they would do more. i would Find a new Re Good luck
me-25
DH-31
living with a ostomy since 2005
HSG- 4-15-11 showed both tubes blocked
waiting on June 21 for RE appointment is there a ticker for that?

candjbaby

Postby wannabmommee » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:34 pm

candjbaby- When I had my HSG, it showed one tube completely blocked and the other tube only showed spillage at the end- so they couldn't see the entire lining of the tube. Needless to say, I was soooo sad about that.

I had a lap done, and it turns out both tubes are in healthy condition! They even did a dye test and the dyes went through perfectly. It turns out we can spasm during the procedure for any reason, which causes our tubes to look like they are blocked.

If your tubes are blocked, my RE said that during the lap, they can see the severity and possibly remove or fix the blocked tubes.

I hope this helps!!
Rachel (32), DH (34)
2 Chemical Pregnancies
Taking a break...

wannabmommee
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to General Infertility