Just had HSG, told I have a "heart shaped uterus".

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Just had HSG, told I have a "heart shaped uterus".

Postby afireinside » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:38 am

Hi Ladies - hope you can help me. I have been TTC baby #1 for over 18 months. I've been seeing a fertility dr for about 8 months and have completed (unsuccessfully) 4 round of Clomid.

This morning I had my HSG done (NOT near as painful as I invisioned - the saline sono was way worse IMHO) and my tubes are fine (my right was a bit blocked but now it's clear - yipee!) but my Dr. told me that I have a heart shaped uterus (not the technical term he said). I now have to go in on Friday for a 3D Ultrasound for him to look at it.

Has anyone had this? What could this mean? I'm so worried... :(
afireinside
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby afireinside » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:48 am

I actually just caved and told my sister about my infertility. She is a Dr so I figured I may as well get her opinion instead of stressing. She said that depending on the severity of the shape of my uterus and if there is a wall that it may not affect conception at all - it may affect how the baby would be positioned and affect delivery (ie. natural vs. C section) but if anyone is interested I can post some info about what my Fertility Dr. says after the 3D Ultrasound on Friday.... just not sure if anyone else has experienced this and their results?

Thanks for reading and baby dust to all of you :)
afireinside
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby goobermom » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:20 pm

good luck with your ultrasound....hope you get good answers and info!
me (34) husband (41)
son (14), spoiled cat
TTC since August '08
Clomid/IUI x3; Follistim/IUI x3
natural BFP- M/C :(
Low Vitamin D, High FSH
Letrozole, TI, progesterone, estrace- BFN (x4)
High FSH, RE recommending donor egg
End of our TTC journey???
goobermom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jlojenjen » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:51 am

I personally have never had any experience with this, but I want you to know I'm thinking of you, and will be reading up to see what your dr says!
Me - 37, DH - 46
http://broxtonbaby.blogspot.com/

After 7 years of TTC...3 ivf's, 4 IUI's, and 2 miscarriages, we got pregnant naturally...God is good!

Beta#1: 8/20 - 286
Beta#2: 8/22 - 659 (doubling time 39 hrs)
Beta#3: 8/27 - 5,343 (doubling time 39hrs)
U/S#1 8/31 - Gest. sac and yolk sac (5wks/5days)
U/S #2 scheduled 9/10!!
jlojenjen
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby candjbaby » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:59 pm

i know of 2 people with this one had a miscarriage with her first pregnancy then after had twins and a girl later one lady i met her husband was telling me the dr told her it would be hard to get pregnant but after the first it is easier because it can reshape it some . the secand lady had 2 girls too i do not know detail on these but hope that helps good luck
me-25
DH-31
living with a ostomy since 2005
HSG- 4-15-11 showed both tubes blocked
waiting on June 21 for RE appointment is there a ticker for that?

candjbaby

Postby afireinside » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:47 pm

I will definitely post tomorrow after my 3D US to let you know. How lucky am I?? (sarcasm) - I have NO luck when it comes to good luck or lotteries but when it comes to infertility ya I have great luck... this is supposedly pretty darn rare!!

Now can you guys help me with this - I had my HSG yesterday and I o'd today or will tonight (I always o late when not on fertility drugs... and I'm on CD18 today - naturally ovulate around CD20) and I have my 3D US tomorrow.... can that tell me/DR if I did/about to ovulate? Can it have negative effects? Iknow it's being done to see the volume of my uterus....
afireinside
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby afireinside » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:28 pm

So just to update you all turns out my uterus is slightly heart-shaped but DR doesn't feel it will affect conception/pregnancy (thank god!!). With my ultrasound today he was also able to confirm that I have JUST ovulated!! DH and I will be busy this weekend :wink:

Keep your fingers crossed for me please and send me lots of sticky baby dust!!!

Good luck to all those TTC!!!
afireinside
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mlsashndr12 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:18 am

Hello...I also was diagnosed with a slightly heart shaped uterus. As you can see from my sig that I have had 2 miscarriages, but neither were related to the shape of my uterus. I've been doing a ton of research online and there are so many women out there who have this and they don't even know and they have normal pregnancies.

Just wanted to let you know you are not alone out there.

Good luck and baby dust to you!!
Melissa 29
DH - Dave 34
TTC #1 for 4 years
1st M/C December 09 - Blighted Ovum
****Diagnosed with slight Bicornuate Uterus****
2nd M/C January 11 - Chromosomal Abnormalities
Feb 11 - Meet w/ RE
March 11 - HSG confirmed slight septum in my uterus
April 28, 11 - Begin 50. MG Clomid
- BFN
May-July11 Small Break to destress
July 11 MRI confirms that uterine septum is quite large
August 11 - Uterine Septum removed via hysteroscopy and laparscopy to remove *alot*of scar tissue- ovaries good, both tubes clear, no signs of Endo
October 11- Officially back to TTC
Mlsashndr12
Friend

Return to General Infertility