non TTC vent...sort of

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

non TTC vent...sort of

Postby Shannon88 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:34 am

I have to vent ~ I am soooooo annoyed right now. I moderate another local online infertility forum and there is a woman on there who is very different from me. We were friends for a time but during a conflict with someone completely different that had nothing to do with this woman, she decided she didn't want to be my friend, de-friended me on FB, etc. She has an adopted 16 year old, a little boy the same age as my son, and last May she had a daughter. She has experienced several miscarriages but once it was discovered that she needed progesterone support, she was fine. Well, I saw her a few times before this other conflict and she was very vocal about not wanting any more children because she felt that she could provide very well financially for the ones that she had. Additionally, she lives in a very small house and there is not enough room for the people who live there. I asked her if she was on BC and she said no.

Well, surprise surprise, she's expecting again and not only am I annoyed about that because she didn't want to be pregnant again and complained about everything, now she wants back into my infertility support forum when she annoys everyone. You ladies understand, for someone to join and then get pregnant the next month is hurtful to those of us who have been trying each and every month for years with no success. I don't feel that she meets the qualifications and has no business in there. Additionally, I don't feel like I can speak freely about my infertility struggles and vent about women like her when she's in there.

She is making a big deal about it and I am sooooo annoyed. Do you think I am being unreasonable? Like, how hurtful would it be to have someone say "Oh, he just walked past me and I got pregnant" or "I have no idea how it happened" or "God must have had a different plan for me." That last one hurts the most. God didn't have a plan for you. You were just too stupid to put yourself on birth control if you really didn't want any more children.
~ Shannon
Proud Sub Wife to Eric ~ 05/28/05
Proud Mommy to: Jeremy Ryan ~ born safely 08/03/07
Savannah Grace ~ born into Heaven 05/18/09 at 40 weeks, 3 days
Angel 1 ~ MC 12/01/09 at 6 weeks
Angel 2 ~ MC 01/05/10 at 5 weeks
Angel 3 ~ MC 05/05/10 at 7 weeks
Angel 4 ~ MC 01/05/11 at 4 weeks
Proud Mommy to: Irelynn Elizabeth ~ born safely (just barely) 01/03/12

http://www.savannahgracerenfro.blogspot.com

**Beginning Follistem injections (with timed intercourse) 4/28/2011, trigger 5/4, :bfp: 5/22, Beta HcG 699, Prog 32.4! 5/31 Beta HcG 16,120, Ultrasound 6/1 ~ 1 Baby Bean with a heartbeat! Ultrasound 6/8 Everything good! EDD 1/22/12 ~ Emergency C-section 1/3/12 Healthy Baby Girl born ALIVE!!
Shannon88
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby candjbaby » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:53 pm

if you can control it i would not let her in the forum.
me-25
DH-31
living with a ostomy since 2005
HSG- 4-15-11 showed both tubes blocked
waiting on June 21 for RE appointment is there a ticker for that?

candjbaby

Postby wannabmommee » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:29 pm

I agree! When i am on here, I'm on here to vent, to share stories, to listen to others and basically to either be uplifted or help uplift someone. I wouldn't want someone in our group- especially something soooo close to our hearts- and not be of any support- and rather just harm.

If I were you, I'd not let her join. Break it to her gently, and let her know that her know that although her interest in returning is very much appreciated, as a mod you feel that - at this moment- your online community isn't the best place for her right now, nor is it the best place for your other members if she was to return. Or- you could do it the easier way and just say- oh helllllll noooo! LOL
Rachel (32), DH (34)
DX: MFI
2 Chemical Pregnancies
3/11-4/11: Letrozole/femara, Trigger, IUI & Endometrium- BFN
5/11- Menopur, Ovidrel, IUI & Endometrium-
Taking a break...
9/13 Surprise BFP! 9/14 Beta 44,605!! Woohoo!

A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man would have to seek the Lord first to find her.
Greater is HE that is in me than he that is in the world!
wannabmommee
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Shannon88 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:20 pm

Thanks girls. I'm not really trying to be unreasonable, but I don't understand her interest. I have a feeling that the issue has been escalated above me, so I may not have a choice. But girls need to be able to speak freely. Right now, she is on the PPD forum complaining about how awful the pregnancy is and how her 1 year old wants to be held but she can't stand to be touched. She really needs to be SLAPPED!
~ Shannon
Proud Sub Wife to Eric ~ 05/28/05
Proud Mommy to: Jeremy Ryan ~ born safely 08/03/07
Savannah Grace ~ born into Heaven 05/18/09 at 40 weeks, 3 days
Angel 1 ~ MC 12/01/09 at 6 weeks
Angel 2 ~ MC 01/05/10 at 5 weeks
Angel 3 ~ MC 05/05/10 at 7 weeks
Angel 4 ~ MC 01/05/11 at 4 weeks
Proud Mommy to: Irelynn Elizabeth ~ born safely (just barely) 01/03/12

http://www.savannahgracerenfro.blogspot.com

**Beginning Follistem injections (with timed intercourse) 4/28/2011, trigger 5/4, :bfp: 5/22, Beta HcG 699, Prog 32.4! 5/31 Beta HcG 16,120, Ultrasound 6/1 ~ 1 Baby Bean with a heartbeat! Ultrasound 6/8 Everything good! EDD 1/22/12 ~ Emergency C-section 1/3/12 Healthy Baby Girl born ALIVE!!
Shannon88
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to General Infertility