HSG - one blocked tube.

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

HSG - one blocked tube.

Postby bdee » Mon May 09, 2011 11:12 am

I was wondering if anybody has any success stories for a bfp with one blocked tube? I know that you can get pregnant with only one tube open. I'm just wondering how long it might take to get a bfp naturally or should DH and I start to consider IVF? I have an appointment with gyn next week so I guess I'll know more about our options then but I'm wondering if you have any positive stories to stop me obsessing until the appointment?
bdee

Postby Laticauda » Mon May 09, 2011 2:53 pm

There is still a very good chance you will get pregnant. Since you know one tube is blocked, you should confirm with your doctor as soon as you find out that the pregnancy is in your uterus and not in the blocked tube.

My husband and I were not trying, but got pregnant, and it had implanted on my tube. I have had that tube removed, because the pregnancy had ruptured my tube. Since they removed the end of the tube, it's very likely that my remaining tube will suck up the egg regardless of which side I ovulate on.

My RE just told me last Wednesday, that 70% of women with one tube go on to get pregnant again. That's after the tube has been removed. Just keep a close eye on your cycles, since now you know you are more at risk for an ectopic pregnancy.
Raychel 28- PCOS, Hypothyroid, & Endometriosis
DH 26 - Above average numbers of fast, forward swimming sperm

Started TTC 2002
4-6-05 Miscarriage @ 8 weeks
1-24-08 Chemical Pregnancy
2-25-08 Miscarriage @ 5 weeks
Stopped TTC - couldn't handle anymore loss

NTNP(March '11) 4-10-11 Ectopic Pregnancy @ 7 weeks, Laparoscopy to remove products of conception and part of right tube
Dx'd: Hypothyroid May 5, 2011 Started Thyroid Meds May 6, 2011
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Blindsided
Laticauda
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby bdee » Tue May 10, 2011 8:44 am

Thanks for replying Laticauda. It's great to hear that the good tube can still suck up the egg regardless of which side ovulates. Also I like the 70% stat from your RE. I'm feeling a lot more positive today. :-)
bdee

Postby wannabmommee » Tue May 10, 2011 4:16 pm

bdee- your post states HSG- did they decipher this based on the HSG? Have you had a lap done to confirm one tube is blocked?

Reason why I ask is because my HSG showed one block tube, but the lap proved otherwise- it just spasmed.

HTH!
Rachel (32), DH (34)
DX: MFI
2 Chemical Pregnancies
3/11-4/11: Letrozole/femara, Trigger, IUI & Endometrium- BFN
5/11- Menopur, Ovidrel, IUI & Endometrium-
Taking a break...
9/13 Surprise BFP! 9/14 Beta 44,605!! Woohoo!

A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man would have to seek the Lord first to find her.
Greater is HE that is in me than he that is in the world!
wannabmommee
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby bdee » Tue May 10, 2011 8:38 pm

Hi wannabmommee, yes, the radiographer who carried out the HSG said that it appeared that one tube was blocked but I don't see my gynae until Sunday (working day in this country!) so she should be able to tell me more. Hopefully it did just spasm. I'll ask her about a lap to make sure. Thanks so much xx
bdee

Postby wannabmommee » Thu May 12, 2011 10:34 pm

I'm really glad my RE did the lap. They get to physically go in and actually see the condition of our tubes, uterus and everything! Good luck!
Rachel (32), DH (34)
DX: MFI
2 Chemical Pregnancies
3/11-4/11: Letrozole/femara, Trigger, IUI & Endometrium- BFN
5/11- Menopur, Ovidrel, IUI & Endometrium-
Taking a break...
9/13 Surprise BFP! 9/14 Beta 44,605!! Woohoo!

A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man would have to seek the Lord first to find her.
Greater is HE that is in me than he that is in the world!
wannabmommee
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby miracleshappen » Thu May 26, 2011 5:05 am

A few lears ago I learned I have a blocked left tube. I already had given birth to one child when I found out. It took me 3 1/2 years ttc the second and that was part of my diagnosis. There were a few other issues I had around ttc. All to say, it is possible. GL!
miracleshappen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to General Infertility