lap

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

lap

Postby rachaels_mom » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:25 am

I just had one done yesterday along with a hysteroscope and d@c, all he found was slight endo (which he removed) and he told dh that my right tube was a little tough to get through. Nothing that should have of made me not get pregnant after these long 5 years :( I don't know what to do next, he said that we can do 2 rounds of IUI then we'd move on to injectebables then idk. My insurance doesn't cover treatment, so I'm wondering if we should just go right to ivf, dh is scared to death of multiples, I'm cool with twins. It's such a hard decision and I'm so discouraged. I had really really hoped that he would of found a reason during surgery, I guess it's all hormones (which we knew that I don't O strong, but even 5 rounds of clomid didn't get me pregnant). Sorry for the rant, I'm just so sad.
rachaels_mom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Apples85 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:19 am

I'm sorry racheals_mom :hugs: ...I don't know much about fertility meds, but maybe you're just not a clomid chick? what about other medical options, I hear girls on hear talking about femara and other drugs...maybe clomid isn't right for you. Have you thought about acupuncture? I can see how your DH is scared to death...maybe over some time, he might change his mind? Rant away, thats what we're here for! I hope there are answers around the corner soon!
Me: 31
DH: 33 Severe MFI, Microdeletion of Y Chromosome

Warming up to TTC again!

My Ovulation Chart

My Blog ***Come read me, you know you want to :)***
Apples85
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby unaffected » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:22 am

I'm sorry you've had such a rough 5 years.

In regards to multiples... Do you ovulate on your own? Women who ovulate on their own RARELY have multiples when on injectible drugs. The women who have multiples are the ones who do not ovulate on their own, so their bodies don't know to only make one or two lead mature follicles.

Also, the chances of multiples with IVF are a lot less than what people generally think. And, you may be able to ask your doctor to just transfer one embryo. Most places generally transfer two, but obviously that ups your chances at twins.

Best of luck to you! :luck:
Me (Kara): 30 DH: 30 ♥
TTC#1 since 2007
:angel2: Jan 2012 - No hb at 9w1d - d&c (Turner Syndrome/Monosomy X)
FET#3 - BFP!
Betas: 8dp6dt/14dpo - 124; 10dp6dt/16dpo - 317; 16dp6dt/22dpo - 6,289; 23dp6dt/29dpo - 32,961
It's a boy!
Henry Marshall arrived on January 9, 2013 (39w2d)
8lbs 5oz, 20"

My Blog
unaffected
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby rachaels_mom » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:08 am

Thanks for the support ladies
Unaffected~ No I don't ovulate strongly on my own.. My progestrone number is around a 1 or 2 without drugs. While on clomid (did 5 rounds) I had under 10 twice once on 50mg the other on 100mg and they said anything under 10 doesn't qualify as ovualtion. On tuesday I'll ask about the embryo transfer.
rachaels_mom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to General Infertility