Low T, Low FSH, Low LH Azoospermia

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Low T, Low FSH, Low LH Azoospermia

Postby nurse-goheels » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:22 pm

Anyone else in this same situation? My DH's SA came back azoospermia twice which led us to further testing. We knew he had low T but no one asked if he was getting supplemental testosterone replacement and we neglected to tell them (stupid us). I blame it on the fact that I was devasted and feeling completely overwhelmed. Still stupid but oh well. After a few Drs appt I remembered to tell them about the T replacement therapy and we were told that this made a HUGE difference. It basically causes azoospermia just like anabolic steroids. Since then he has stopped treatment and just went back the other day to get baseline hormone levels. We found out today that all of his levels are suppressed. We have an appt with our RE on Monday so we can come up with a plan. My husband's co-worker and his wife, according to my husband, have been dealing with the same issue. We see the same RE as them and he prescribed the husband clomid and hcg and the wife clomid. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what treatment plan did you follow? I'm trying to stay positive. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Me: 34 DH: 35 TTC #1 since 10/2010
So far all my tests have been normal. MFI

IVF #1 July 30, 2012- BFP m/c 8.5 weeks
FET #1 November 3, 2012- Transferred 2 5day blasts- BFN
IVF #2 March 4, 2013- Transferred 2-5 day blasts- BFP, 1st U/S 7wks6days measuring on track w/ HB 167! Keep growing little bean!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/34f07d
nurse-goheels
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby AnnaJuly » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:53 am

Hi,

I am not sure but did not want to read and run.

Taking a guess - if going off the meds will cease the azoospermovia - then I would have him take supplements to improve sperm quality as well - Vit C, zinc etc.

AJ
AnnaJuly
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby nurse-goheels » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:36 am

Thanks AJ for replying. Feeling a little lonely over here : ) I know our issue is not as common as most of the female issues so a lot of people have nothing to add. Our RE is ordering an MRI of DH's head to make sure he doesnt have a tumor (thinking possible pituitary tumor) bc his LH and FSH are so low. It's possible that it's just taking his body a long time to bounce back but just to make sure, he wants to do an MRI. Right now he doesnt really want him to do supplements on top of the clomid and hcg but I'm sure zinc and Vit C would be ok. I'll have to do some more research on "sperm quality improvement" supplements. Hope you have a good day!
Me: 34 DH: 35 TTC #1 since 10/2010
So far all my tests have been normal. MFI

IVF #1 July 30, 2012- BFP m/c 8.5 weeks
FET #1 November 3, 2012- Transferred 2 5day blasts- BFN
IVF #2 March 4, 2013- Transferred 2-5 day blasts- BFP, 1st U/S 7wks6days measuring on track w/ HB 167! Keep growing little bean!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/34f07d
nurse-goheels
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to General Infertility