Worse Day ever

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Worse Day ever

Postby wannabmummy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:23 am

Went in for my 2nd IUI today and my husbands sperm count wasn't high enough for the 2nd time. I am crushed and I can't stop crying. I feel worse because I know I should be supporting him and I am just thinking about myself. I don't know if I can take this emotionally anymore.
His sperm count was fine when he did the original analysis. I have a feeling it is partly the stress of the TTC.
I don't know why this is happening to us. I think both of us try to be good people and we are giving and caring. I know we would be good parents. I just spent three days with my Best Friends 2 year old and infant and it was great.

Well just needed to vent.
wannabmummy

Postby Justagirl » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:18 pm

I'm sorry :( it sucks when you feel like you're doing everything right and then something has to put a wrench in it all..I totally understand, I just got all excited last cycle because I o'ed early on femara and then AF came on freaking 10 dpo, out of nowhere and making no sense at all! Grrr...

Hang in there though..I know this whole TTC is one roller coaster after the other but one day we are going to get off the ride.

Take care and best of luck!
ME: (JJ) 33 :love: DH: 37
TTC#1 for 2.5 years
Dx: lean PCOS/ DH: perfect
5 failed medicated cycles (3 w/IUIs)
IVF#1:Dec 2011 Antagonist: BFP (chemical)
FET#1: April 2012 BFN
IVF#2: August 2012 Long Lupron: BFP!! TWINS!!! :hb: :hb:
4/10/13: Our boys arrive at 35 weeks, happy and healthy!!
5/8/15: SURPRISE BFP!!!
Betas: 12dpo: 49, 14dpo: 102, 21dpo: 1749, 28dpo: 14,737
6/4: ONE baby with :hb: 134
Justagirl
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby michelelm » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:06 pm

I'm so sorry. Is he doing all the things that he's supposed to do (ie: boxer shorts, no hot tubs, eating right, not smoking and drinking?) there are some things out there that are supposed to help raise sperm count (zinc I think, but do some research ;) ). My DH was borderline a few years ago (a little low and a little slow) - he took Geritol vitamins, drank a little caffeine right before dropping off his specimen, watched what he ate, cut out most alcohol, wore boxers, no laptop on his lap, and he was back up in the normal range within a month or two. Also, we only DTD every other day at most, every 3 days was preferred by our RE. Maybe you know all of this already, but I hope there is something in this post that can help :luck:
DD: My first miracle - born 12/22/2008 - after 8 years TTC (Clomid/HCG trigger/IUI)
DS: My rainbow baby - born 5/3/2012 (Clomid/HCG trigger)

:angel: early loss January 2010
(conceived naturally)
:angel: DS - Late Missed MC July 2010
17 weeks, Down Syndrome (conceived naturally)
:angel: Missed MC - October 2010
9weeks, girl Turner's Syndrome (conceived naturally)
:angel: Blighted Ovum - April 2011
9weeks (Clomid)

RPL Testing Dx PAI-1 4G/4G, levels are normal

My Blog: http://www.tryingagainajourneyoflove.blogspot.com
michelelm
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to General Infertility