HSG test

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: southernbelle, maddy, unaffected, JessM

HSG test

Postby Nicolettc3 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:12 pm

so im getting a HSG test on friday done. how is it?????
anyone got prego right after same cycle
Nicolettc3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ravyndancer » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:07 pm

Getting mine on Sept 20.... someone else had theirs a couple weeks ago...

If you do a search of this site, you should find a few threads about HSG :)
Me: 39 multinodular goitre, completed 3 cycles of heavy metal detox, HSG Sept 20/12 - R tube open, L was slightly blocked, cleared during procedure, exploratory lap Feb 25/13 found mild endo (2 spots) removed and tubes flushed.
DH: 40 (healthy SA!)
TTC #1 since June 2011
Clomid cycle #1 100 mg CD3-7 April 2013 = BFN
Clomid cycle #2 100 mg CD3-7 May 2013 = didn't BD during fertile window = BFN
June 2013 - 2 years TTC. I give up. No more Clomid, no more temping, no more OPKs. Distraught :(
My Ovulation Chart
Ravyndancer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby VPatel » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:00 am

Hi Nicolettc3,
I am getting mine done next week friday...from what I hear its not really painful its more like just having an AF cramp. Fingers crossed that is really true and its all over with quickly!

Let me know how you get along!

Ravyndancer: best of luck for yours too I hope it goes well!! :)
Me: 25 yrs + Hubby: 28 yrs, TTC #1 --> HSG, Laparoscopy, Bloods and SA's all done Aug-Dec 2012.
- Unexplained Infertility -
3 IUI's (Feb-June 2013): Great follies and great swimmers but no baby..
IVF Aug 2013 - ET 28/8..tww time...
*Baby Dust to All*
VPatel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: HSG test

Postby Ravyndancer » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi ladies,
Well, I just had mine done this afternoon. They set you up like you're getting a pap test. Then she injected the dye into my uterus. It definitely cramped painfully at first. The radiologist noted that the R fallopian tube was fine, but there wasn't as much spillage on the L. So the gyno blasted MORE dye and THAT HURT!!!!! It wasn't a cramp, it was a SHARP, STABBING pain! (sorry, but it's true!) I had even taken 2 extra strength tylenols one hour before plus 2 ibuprofen for good measure, but I don't think that did anything. The good news is that the extra pressure cleared the Left tube and it looks like things are good to go! I'm CD 10 and plan on getting busy this weekend;)

Good luck to everyone! Will keep you posted if any BFPs result from this! Hasn't happened in 15 months, so, who knows.
Me: 39 multinodular goitre, completed 3 cycles of heavy metal detox, HSG Sept 20/12 - R tube open, L was slightly blocked, cleared during procedure, exploratory lap Feb 25/13 found mild endo (2 spots) removed and tubes flushed.
DH: 40 (healthy SA!)
TTC #1 since June 2011
Clomid cycle #1 100 mg CD3-7 April 2013 = BFN
Clomid cycle #2 100 mg CD3-7 May 2013 = didn't BD during fertile window = BFN
June 2013 - 2 years TTC. I give up. No more Clomid, no more temping, no more OPKs. Distraught :(
My Ovulation Chart
Ravyndancer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KBoyd » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:05 am

I had mine on Tuesday. The part that hurts is when the dye hits. I would say the cramping is a bit more intense then period cramping but the good news is the cramping only last for maybe 3 minutes. Worth the pain if it leads to that BFP. I went back to work after mine and I was pretty nauseas the rest of the morning. By late afternoon I was fine.
TTC #1 since 07/12
I am 27 DH 30, Married May 2009
Two Fur babies.. (my sweet dogs)
KBoyd
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby blueberryhill83 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:13 pm

I had mine done on tuesday and went back to work that night i couldn't sleep i was up all night vomiting and in pain i was running a fever even though they put me on antibiotics it didn't help and i still had a little infection.. they changed antibiotics I was fine last night and tonight i can't sleep again because of the pain.. I went for an MRI a day after because my one ovary was so swollen larger than my uterus and growing.. i think the hsg irritated it.
Me- Breanne - 30; DH- 38
2 furbabies (adopted)

First BFP on 11/7/2010 - chemical
BCPs from 12/10 - 1/12

was tested with High Testosterone level 58 / high prolactin
9/14 ivfnj - results:

HSG clear = ovarian torsion = lap and thoughts of ovarian cancer .. all clear

moved to FL was diagnosed with low Vitamin D..

3rd cycle of Femara 5 mg with novarel trigger BFP on 10 dpo !!! so excited!!
beta #1 - 11 dpo 26.6 progesterone 31.1
beta #2 - 13 dpo 85.8

Weight loss 30 lbs

~*~*~ BABY DUST~*~*~
blueberryhill83
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jessie76 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:43 pm

What I've figured out is that some women tell you it's 'no big deal' and for them it probably isn't. But if you do have some blockage it can be VERY painful. This was the case for me. Unfortunately there is no way to know until you have it done. Also, I am lucky that the doctor that did mine recognized that my uterus/tubes spasmed during the procedure. She had me rest twice. My right tube cleared right away, left tube 'appeared' blocked, but after waiting for my muscles to relax she was able to push the dye through. I researched it and apparantly this is common and many women get diagnosed as having a blocked tube when they don't. It was painful for me, but I'm so thankful she took her time with me and got the dye through. Now in the TWW, hoping for good results!!
Jessica
jessie76
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby VPatel » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:33 pm

I also had mine done 2 days ago. I would say more then the dye insertion I found the catheter insertion very painful. But this page just goes to show its really different for every woman because you never know what doc will be like and how your body will react etc. Mine didn't last long at all - once she tipped the dye in it spread in about 20 seconds and it was over she removed everything! Clinic called me today to give the proper confirmation that tubes are happy and clear so pleased!! Ovulating this weekend lets see how it goes! Baby dust to alllll!! Xx
VPatel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby joannD1986 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:30 pm

had mine done 10/10/12 and it went great no pain at all, i kept asking doctor if she started yet... i felt nothing no cramping or anything and my tubes are perfactly clear as well cleaned the cobwebs
joannD1986
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Pinkflamingo4 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:58 am

I have just had my hsg on CD10. No cramps at all, a little uncomfortable while they were putting the catheter, the doctor could not put it in for a while, said the cervix is too tight, then he called for another one, and she did it with no problems. The dye- I did not even feel anything. Thank you, Jesus! I prayed before and during the procedure.
Pinkflamingo4

Postby Julelabee » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:48 pm

I am having this done after my next period. How did the results turn out? Did you get a antibiotic? She said women that had this done got pregnant same cycle, as if the tubes getting flush help.
Julelabee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Julelabee » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:04 pm

Having test done Friday. Hope it's not painful. I praying it helps us get pregnant getting fustrataed.
Julelabee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Julelabee » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:34 am

Couldn't do the test he said my cervix and uterus was tilted and he couldn't see. But he was also piching my skin with the clamps really bad then he couldn't get it out so he had to get on obgyn to come get it off. I think he gave p because he was hurting me so bad. He seen unexperienced with the procedure 2. But what do I know.
Julelabee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Julelabee » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:38 am

I had tears because it hurt. But I was willing to tuff it out. I cried after he said told me he couldn't do it. Idk I'm so upset I having cried like that since my mc back in Nov 16. :(
Julelabee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to General Infertility