Male factor infertility

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Male factor infertility

Postby vraklis » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:23 pm

VPatel, mine was painful too, esp since she had trouble getting the tube in and kept turning the speculum and opening it wider for better access to my cervix-owie! She finally had to use a smaller tube b/c my cervix wouldn't let the bigger one in. DH was sitting in a chair and I was like "Can you hold my hand?" Lame! LOL! But it was much more intimate that way and felt much nicer, so I was glad I asked b/c of that too.

DH is taking a men's multi vitamin, Acetyl L-Carnitine, Maca, Astragalus root, and some vitamin C & zinc. I'm sorry if you've already said it, but what were your hubby's stats before and how do they compare now? Also, are the supplements the only thing you did for the improvement? I didn't want to get Fertilaid or Motility Boost b/c of the cost (buying the stuff individually makes it much cheaper) but I'd consider it if it has helped you guys.

Super excited for you! I feel so certain that it didn't work for us, as there is just nothing to indicate it did, but am going to stick around to see how it goes for you. Good luck!
"Let your hope make you glad. Be patient in time of trouble and never stop praying." Romans 12:12

Me: 35 DH: 48
TTC since 2000
MF, delayed ovulation, low estrogen, luteal phase defect, low
DS conceived through first donor insemination 11/23/13
DIUI April 2015 - BFN, AF came 9DPO
DIUI with estrogen, Ovidrel, and progesterone 3/9/16
vraklis
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby VPatel » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:40 pm

I am glad for both of us that the HSG part is done with now :) Least its looking forward time! Amazing that hubby was with you I totally wish mine had been there. I hadn't considered it would be that bad and so forced him to go into work! Regret that but happy you had him with you. Sharing the experiences is amazing.

So we have had a total of 3 SA's - 2 before the IUI and then the one yesterday right before IUI.
First Round (Aug 2012):
* Motility: 25% (15% rapid, 10% sluggish)
* Morphology 1%
* Count: 10 million
--> Huge gap till second SA due to losing my father and travel etc.

Second Round (Mar 2013):
* Motility: 35% (20% rapid, 15% sluggish)
* Morphology: 3%
* Count:14 million

Third Round (Mar 2013 - yesterday before IUI):
* Motility: 40% (can't remember the breakdown percentages sorry!!)
* Morphology: 4%
* Count: 42 million (I know I was stunned too) - post wash at 16 million

Hope that helps! When is your AF due? xxxxx
VPatel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby vraklis » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:32 pm

Omgosh, 42 million!!! Wowzers!!! That is awesome. Well if I get a BFN, then I guess I will order some fertilaid and motility boost for DH and see if it helps him too. We'll probably do another DIUI since we're not putting conception off for our circumstances since nothing is guaranteed and time is running out, but if I keep getting BFN's maybe by the time we give up, we might have a higher chance with DH's sperm which of course we'd both prefer.

AF is due 3/30. How about you? 4/4?
"Let your hope make you glad. Be patient in time of trouble and never stop praying." Romans 12:12

TTC since 2000
vraklis
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby shiftworker29 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:09 pm

Hey ladies hope everyone is well....we are holding off on TTc as I just got the new job I have been waiting on...so at least 3mos before we will try again....it was kind of fate as the day I was suppose to start clomid was when I got the call! In the mean time DH will take vita,ins and quit smoking! So hopefully in 3 mos when we do SA again it will be better! I will keep in touch want to know how all you ladies are doing!
TTC #1 Since Mar/2012
Me 31 DH 30 Done 3 rounds clomid.
BFP June 12/13 round 2 of clomid (sadly mc at 6weeks)
Took 2 cycles off clomid and met with clinic starting 3 more rounds of clomid 50mg days 3-7. Hope we get lucky again!
Mar/14 IUI #1 50 mg clomid 15mil post wash BFN
April/14 IUI #2 currently in tww 100mg clomid this time post wash count 19mil
shiftworker29
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby vraklis » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:38 am

Congrats on the job! See you in 3 moths. :D

TTC since 2000
vraklis
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby vraklis » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:32 am

Vpatel: how are you doing? I'm really dying to test--I'm 12dpo today. But getting a BFN would be so hard, since we've put so much into this attempt and can't afford another for a while. I really think I'm going to have to give in though. Will report back later if I give in to the temptation.

TTC since 2000
vraklis
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby VPatel » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:52 am

Hey hey - I am excited for you if you give in and keeping my fx! How are you feeling?

I am now 8dpiui and other then some headaches from the trigger shot I am feeling normal :). While I don't feel this is our month, I have been told not to test and to go in for a blood test ok day 14.

Keep us posted please super praying for you!!! Xx
VPatel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby vraklis » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:26 am

VPatel, I'm sorry about the headaches! I didn't notice any side effects at all from the shot, but that's probably good or I would have thought it all meant I was pg whether I was or wasn't-lol. I also have felt very normal this time and thought I was out, but then I tested this morning and got a faint line. While I'm scared to be too optimistic, this is the only time in my entire life I've gotten even a faint line so it's hard not to think it means I'm finally pg. I will test tomorrow and am hoping for a darker line. Will post a new pic tomorrow. Thank you for the prayers! I'm in denial right now but if it gets darker...I'm really going to start freaking. We've been married almost 13 years and trying for most of them. We are so ready for this!!!

TTC since 2000
vraklis
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Oneday6787 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:38 am

I'm sorry I started stalking you I just wanted to see your beautiful line again lol :D
Oneday6787
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby vraklis » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:58 am

LOL! I don't mind you stalking at all! Thank you so much for your positive attitude. I'm just too scared to take it too seriously yet.

TTC since 2000
vraklis
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby vraklis » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:41 am

I tested again (with two tests just to make sure-lol) because I really didn't trust the faint line on the first test. I'm sure most women here can understand how disappointment would make you hesitant to believe good news when it finally comes. We start protecting our hearts so that we are not completely crushed by the continual disappointment. I didn't want to believe something that wasn't true, even if for all these years I have invented a million reasons why I had to have been pregnant each cycle, only for AF to eventually come.

This time, it's true. I have waited my whole life for this to happen (OK, most of my life, ever since I got to witness my baby sister being born when I was six...26 years ago), and it really, truly is happening. PRAISE. THE. LORD. I'm so grateful.

TTC since 2000
vraklis
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby shiftworker29 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:18 pm

Congrats vraklis that is so exciting keep us posted!
TTC #1 Since Mar/2012
Me 31 DH 30 Done 3 rounds clomid.
BFP June 12/13 round 2 of clomid (sadly mc at 6weeks)
Took 2 cycles off clomid and met with clinic starting 3 more rounds of clomid 50mg days 3-7. Hope we get lucky again!
Mar/14 IUI #1 50 mg clomid 15mil post wash BFN
April/14 IUI #2 currently in tww 100mg clomid this time post wash count 19mil
shiftworker29
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby VPatel » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:25 pm

Vraklis I am so happy for you. Wonderful news keep us posted on how you are doing. Hope you are feeling good!

Unfortunately I got my AF this morning - knew it was coming as I started spotting a little couple nights ago. So no baby this month. Start injections again tomorrow for IUI no. 2

Fx everyone still in the wait xx
VPatel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby vraklis » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:35 pm

No!! I'm so sorry VPatel. So, so sorry. We got so lucky for it to have worked for us on the first try and I hope some of it rubs off for your next try!

I'm feeling very good, just a little gassy (TMI alert: I did a fart of doom tonight and almost knocked DH out!) and my boobs are already bigger which makes me scared of how big they'll be later on (I'm already a D). Also, did my BETA today (16 dpo) and it came back with HCG at 308, TSH at 1.44 and progesterone at 18 which the nurse said all was good. They don't usually do progesterone but I requested it since my luteal phase is usually short. Glad to know it's OK!

TTC since 2000
vraklis
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Angelbaby77 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:26 am

Hi Ladies,

Thought I would jump in on the male factor topic...

Went for my 3rd IUI yesterday. I got GREAT news...my husband's count went WAY up!!!!! :happyforyou: The first IUI he had 5 million, the second was 7 million...and this time was 19 MILLION!!! I was ecstatic to say the least!

Things we (he) did different this month...I had him taking Fertility Blend for Men for about the last month and half...and he switched to boxers about 75% of the time for the last few weeks.

I'm not getting my hopes up because I know better....but the Dr. said the timing was perfect and he had strong sperm. So we'll have to wait and see...fingers crossed!

:babydustg: to all of you!
TTC #1

Me: 31 (hypothyroidism - unexplained infertility)
Husband: 31 (low motility--has since gone up drastically from taking multi vitamins)

Off BC since Feb. '12
Seriously started trying June '12
Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism Nov. '12
Started taking Synthroid 50
HSG Test Dec. '12 (all clear)

IUI #1 (Jan. '13): w/ Chlomid = BFN
Started Acupuncture
IUI #2 (Feb. '13): w/ Letrozole= BFN (late 3 days)
Taking March off
IUI #3 (April. '13): w/ Letrozole + 19mill count (more than doubled since last time!) = BFN (late 3 days)
*Switched RE/clinics (best decision ever!)*
Tried naturally (May '13): BFN
IUI #4 w/ Injectibles (end May/June '13) = BFN

IVF #1
Transferred two 5-cell embryos on day 3
:bfp: :) :) :)
Angelbaby77
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to General Infertility