Most annoying infertility comments

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Most annoying infertility comments

Postby SaraElise » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:41 am

I had someone tell me the other day, "Just relax! That's how I've always gotten pregnant!" And then she asked "Can't you JUST take something to get you pregnant?"

Really? If it was that easy I'd have 20 kids by now!
My Ovulation Chart

Me (Sara): 28 Normal, Unexplained Infertility, 50mg of Clomid to see if it will help!

DH (Bryan): 31 Diagnosed with varicocele and low testosterone. Normal count with low motility. Using Clomid to try and increase numbers. All tests normal as of Jan 2014!

June 2014: 50mg Clomid= BFN
July 2014: 50mg Clomid= BFN
August 2014: 100mg Clomid= BFN
September 2014: 100mg Clomid=BFN
October 2014: 100mg Clomid=BFN

Acupunture started October 2014

TTC #2 since May 2013

SaraElise
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby leslieanne0318 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:33 am

Some people don't realize those words are a bit insensitive. I remember after I had my miscarriage my friends and family would tell me "it will happen when it happens" or "things happen for a reason" ugh! I know they meant well but they had no idea the feelings I had at that time.
leslieanne0318
Friend

Postby soskinny » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:22 pm

I've been ttc 12yrs since my son was born. I'm now nearly 34 yrs old and my family (brothers ) and friends tell me I've left it a little late and why bother now he's a teenager. They have no understanding of ttc every cycle for 12 yrs
soskinny
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby em615 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:19 am

How about: "You already have three kids. Do you really need anymore?"
First that is my business and my husbands. Second our finances are stable enough to support another child or two or three! If we wanted too! Last people are rude and inconsiderate! :x
DH(22)- Second Husband Married June 2013 :) (third childs father)
DS(11)- 3 Cycles of Clomid and Progest. Late HPT POS
DD(9)- Surprise-Pregnancy not planned. No BC before conceived
DD(2)--Surprise Surprise-Pregnancy was a SHOCK- No BC before conceived
Copper IUD December 2012
IUD Removal November 2013
Miscarriage & D&C March 2014.
TTC # Not keeping track anymore

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4ba8fd
em615
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby mommysomeday » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:41 pm

i KNOW !!!! People mean well but for some reason people do not understand how painful it is trying to conceive while everyone else around you gets pregnant. I am very secretive about my journey just because I do not want to get anyones hopes up, but one day I told my best friend. I explained to her that I had to test on a daily basis and how difficult it was not getting pregnant and her response to me was ------"Oh wow your soo lucky, I wish I could have PLANNED my pregnancies. I just get pregnant- like that (snapping her fingers)"!!!! I understand where she is coming from but I hate that she didn't understand.
mommysomeday
Friend

Postby mamapiko » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:54 pm

I couldn’t yet read those comments. it’s actually irritating
mamapiko

Postby USCGWifey09 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:33 pm

So I have a friend who I have known since preschool who ALWAYS had some way to get attention. We all know the type. She has been claiming to be prego, miscarry, get an abortion, etc. for as long as I can remember. By my count she has been prego (well, claimed to be) about 20 times. She has an 11 month old daughter who she constantly sends pictures of to me and our other friends. I was horribly jealous and resentful of her given her history. Last time I saw her she put her hand on my shoulder and said, very softly, "make sure you do everything you want to do before you have kids." I had to bite my tongue soooooooo hard. I finished college, got married, have a career, travel often, and have an awesome life whereas she and her husband live at her parents house and she has never left our hometown (I'm not saying thats always a bad thing, but this chick and her hubby have no drive to do anything with their lives.)
I know that was a long rant, but I couldn't believe she had the nerve to tell me that knowing how long DH and I have been trying.
Btw, I love this site! It's nice to vent, chat, and learn without being judged like some of the other infertility forum sites.
Me: 27 DH:30
Married 6/13/2009
DS (Colt) born 8/26/2015 (22 cycles TTC)
TTC #2 - cycle #2
USCGWifey09
Friend

Postby Danaa » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:00 pm

I hate it when people just say relax don't think about....omg I just wanna punch them in the face.they don't understand our pain.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby beelady » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:33 am

How about ` its better that you had that miscarriage, there must have been something wrong with the baby, so its better you lost it` Yeah, that really makes me feel better.
beelady
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:18 am

Maybe they ment good but it sounds awfull, I'm really sorry!!People are simply mean sometimes.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to General Infertility