question about ovulation as confused

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

question about ovulation as confused

Postby TTC baby3 at 40 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:34 am

I am 40 and my oh is 35. we been ttc for 10 months and jut been refered to a gyni. when I had my day 4 and 19 bloods done a few months ago the doc said my pogesterone levels were low so I prob didnt ovulate. I have regular 27 day periods so was a shock. anyway yesterday we saw the gyni and she said my hormone levels were ok. So I mentioned the pogesterone. she said we dont go by that and as I have periods I must be ovulating. im sure I have read that you dont have to ovulate to get periods. Its not looking good either as my oh as 20% sperm mobility and has to do another test. they said they could refer me onto infertlity clinic but wouldnt qualify for nhs treatment as I have two kids. even though they are not my partners. I think that is cruel as yes I have kids but my poor oh hasnt. what about fathers rights :(
Me - 40
DH - 34
DD - 12 previous relationship
DS - 9 previous relationship

TTC since Sept 13

Baby dust to everyone x
TTC baby3 at 40
Friend

Re: question about ovulation as confused

Postby laomy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:08 am

I would definitely look into another doctor. you can absolutely have periods and not be ovulating.

I would start temping (I use fertilityfriend.com) and then you can confirm when/if you do ovulate. If you're not ovulating, then you can see about why (getting other hormones checked, like free testosterone (if its high, it can disrupt ovulation), anti-mullerian hormone (tells you something about your remaining egg reserve), and also get an ultrasound of your ovaries to see if you have polycystic ovaries. Also, an HSG test would see if your tubes are blocked. Those aren't defined as treatments, but diagnostics, so maybe those will be covered.

Good luck!
Me and DH both 33 years old, TTC#1

laomy
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Re: question about ovulation as confused

Postby USCGWifey09 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:09 pm

I agree with laomy, I would definitely get a second opinion. You can absolutely have a completely normal cycle and not ovulate. Have you tried OPKs or temping? Even if you have been and they are perfectly normal, you could still not be ovulating. Have you been to an RE?
I just had a similar experience with my OBGyn who rules out a few fertility issues just because I don't have one symptom.
Hope you get some real answers soon!
Me: 27 DH:30
Married 6/13/2009
DS (Colt) born 8/26/2015 (22 cycles TTC)
TTC #2 - cycle #2
USCGWifey09
Friend

Return to General Infertility