male factor- low motility

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

male factor- low motility

Postby kitsapgirl » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:45 am

My DH was diagnosed with only 10% normal motility. 80% are not moving at all, and 10% are moving, but not productive. He is going in for a bunch of tests to look for a blockage, retrograde ejaculation, or hormonal problems. Has anyone else had good results improving their motility, or at least finding a reason for it?
Me- 32
DH-31
2 wonderful fur babies!
TTC since June 3, 2013
Currently undergoing fertility testing- DH extremely low motility, me- possibly blocked left tube (but RE is more concerned about motility right now)

Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/ttc-journey-1370235600z27z1z0z1z4z5z0z5-7-1-0.png[/img][/url]
kitsapgirl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: male factor- low motility

Postby Espinoza11 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:03 pm

Well I've never had my husband's motility checked but we've just started ttc those cycle. He has retrograde ejaculation due to type 1 diabetes. But I discovered a remedy for that on google using sudafed and it worked! So were ttc this cycle. Fx'd. Usually with retrograde there's little to no semen (in our case none) or ejaculate during orgasm. Instead of coming out it goes back into the bladder this is caused by some type of nerve damage to the bladder neck or something. U can look it up. But its caused by spinal or groin injuries or diabetes.
I know I read something about a pill helping motility of sperm while I was researching retrograde. Do some googling and see what u can find. Ill try to find it again as well n post it for u.
Good luck n lots of baby dust for yall
Espinoza11
Friend

Postby kitsapgirl » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:15 pm

Thanks! I doubt that is what he has, because he is low normal for volume, but they want to rule it out. We'll just have to wait for all of the test results.
Me- 32
DH-31
2 wonderful fur babies!
TTC since June 3, 2013
Currently undergoing fertility testing- DH extremely low motility, me- possibly blocked left tube (but RE is more concerned about motility right now)

Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/ttc-journey-1370235600z27z1z0z1z4z5z0z5-7-1-0.png[/img][/url]
kitsapgirl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Espinoza11 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:25 pm

That's great thats one less thing against you. I was always worried about retrograde being such an obstacle that we'd never be able to conceive naturally. So that's why we've waited so long to ttc. Now im so excited that I found a remedy. Hopefully we get our bfp this month. I also have endo and ovarian cysts that I had a lap for a few yrs ago, so fxd!
I think one of the meds I read about was called semenex, I think its support to help the quality and quantity of semen. Hope that helps!
Espinoza11
Friend

Return to General Infertility