Husband perscribed Clomid and Arimidex

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Husband perscribed Clomid and Arimidex

Postby Tommie » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:38 pm

Okay, my husband was diagnosed with low sperm count last friday and his urologist perscribed Clomid (to boost his testosterone) and Arimidex (to limit Estrogen) in an attmept to bring his count up. It is only at 5 million. I work at a healthcare facility and we frequesntly use drugs.com to check for drug interactions on patient medications. I decided to double check them, since he actually has normal testosterone levels, and I have a concern that this may increase them too much. What I found disturbed me. The Clomid will be fine, since he has dr appts ever few weeks to double check his levels, but the Arimidex description tells patients to avoid contact with patient bodily fluids due to the fact that this medication can be excreted through them, including semen. So, basically, its saying no sex without condoms. Umm....isn't that defeating the purpose of trying to conceive? Has anyone else had any experience with these medications in men? Also, if he does take it, and we do have intercourse, could this possibly accect my Estrogen levels, giving us another problem to deal with?
Married June 15, 2013,been TTC ever since. Recently began seeking fertility treatments. DH diagnosed with low sperm count.
ME: 24
DH: 31
Tommie
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Husband perscribed Clomid and Arimidex

Postby SaraElise » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:14 pm

DH has been on Clomid twice to increase his testosterone levels but we have no experience with the other medication. The Clomid worked great and within 3 months his levels and count were normal and I got pregnant. We're TTC again and he's been put on Clomid again. He's experienced no side effects and the results have been pretty good.
My Ovulation Chart

Me (Sara): 28 Normal, Unexplained Infertility, 50mg of Clomid to see if it will help!

DH (Bryan): 31 Diagnosed with varicocele and low testosterone. Normal count with low motility. Using Clomid to try and increase numbers. All tests normal as of Jan 2014!

June 2014: 50mg Clomid= BFN
July 2014: 50mg Clomid= BFN
August 2014: 100mg Clomid= BFN
September 2014: 100mg Clomid=BFN
October 2014: 100mg Clomid=BFN

Acupunture started October 2014

TTC #2 since May 2013

SaraElise
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Return to General Infertility