New to the board, coping with fertility issues

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New to the board, coping with fertility issues

Postby Bsauer31 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:07 pm

Hi there, I am new to this community. I decided to reach out, after my latest doctors appointment.

I am 26, soon to be 27, and have been dealing with infertility since I went off of birth control when I was 19. Over the last year, my husband and I decided to start trying but I knew it wouldn't go well.

I recently got health insurance and made my first appointment with an infertility doctor. First appointment I was diagnosed with cysts on both ovaries. Second appointment we did and HSG and hysteroscopy. Tubes were not blocked, uterus looked good. So it seems the only issue is the cysts, which the doctor believes is endometriosis. Now I'm looking at surgery.

It's all a lot to take in, in a short amount of time. I have been tracking my cycle, I ovulate each month on day 16. This month was day 17, which I believe is because of the HSG?

Anyway, we went ahead and tried this cycle even though our efforts might be futile. This is ironically the first cycle where I've had CM changes, and noticeable EWCM. So my fingers are cross and I'm now on the TWW...
Bsauer31

Re: New to the board, coping with fertility issues

Postby Zokica » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:43 am

Welcome :)

I'm sorry about your struggles with infertility. Endometriosis is a serious condition and in a lot of women it causes infertility, but in a lot of cases, women get pregnant naturally as well.

As an endo suffurer, I am also having problems conceiving, have had one laparoscopy and am about to have another one.

Is your husband healthy, has he been tested?

Hopefully this will be your month :)
Zokica
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to General Infertility