Having a BAAADDDDD day

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Having a BAAADDDDD day

Postby MehIV » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:36 pm

We have been TTC since my DH vasectomy reversal in 2010, 18 months ago I finally feel pregnant but miscarried at 7 weeks. Now besides two chemical pregnancies, nada.
Nine days out from AF I have slight cramping, tender breasts and I have to tell myself to stop being silly. I have no idea how much I wasted on pregnancy tests.
DH has two children from a previous relationship and the relationship isn't good DH and his ex. So every second weekend he has agreed to have his children and his parents place for the weekend over an hour away. I'm not invited to be involved. I feel so selfish to he can't go for a weekend if it falls within my fertile window.
Today I am feeling so guilty and emotional we have been referred to a clinic (we just moved 3 hours away from our previous place) and have been told we could expect an appointment within 5 months but they want him to have a recent sperm test result. I have waited but he hasn't made an appointment and I'm just getting myself upset that I'm reading to much into it?
MehIV

Re: Having a BAAADDDDD day

Postby jenn17 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:37 am

Hi MehIV,
I didn't want to read and not comment, so I'm so sorry you're having a bad day. We all do as we go through this process. It's incredibly stressful and emotional. I wouldn't read too much into your DH not having made an appointment yet. I know my DH is horrible about making appointments of any kind, and I'm the one who normally has to end up making them. If it worries you very much you might just talk with him and ask if he's still on board with this. He may be experiencing anxiety about it as well. I know men tend to be very private about their sperm and any results that go along with it. They don't realize all that we go through that is so much more invasive. Just check in with him and see how he's feeling about it, and tell him and you really want him to make that appointment.

Good luck to you!
DH 37 me 39
TTC #1 since Aug. 2013
March 2014-laparoscopy/hysteroscopy removed moderate endo and septum
5 failed IUIs
Moving on to IVF
July '14 IVF-"freeze all" due to high progesterone, 3 snowbabies in the freezer
3 FETs cancelled due to thin lining
1/27 -hysteroscopy/lap to remove functional cyst, endo
3/1-started stims for IVF#2
jenn17
TTC Princess