Chances of conceiving naturally with 2% morphology?

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: Chances of conceiving naturally with 2% morphology?

Postby avaya » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:34 pm

We live in the US and luckily we've seen someone. Since my CD7-10 landed on x-mas day, I wasn't able to do my HSG but if I get AF, I'm to call in to schedule my HSG and they'll also schedule our appt with the dr too. We're still hoping that this natural cycle will work but if it doesn't work this cycle, I am so ready to get all the help we need and get an IUI. I also feel like its not gonna happen but trying to stay optimistic. However, I keep telling hubby we need help ASAP.

I'm sorry your IUI did not work this time Rhonda :( I heard the first IUI doesn't have much success rate but that the second and third are higher. I know I'd be just as disappointed though because you feel that with that extra help, it should just work. Hang in there!! We're rooting for ya.
avaya
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rhondalynn77 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:50 pm

thanks avaya, that makes me feel a bit better. :)

Thanks amouna, I know what you mean, the doctor basically told us that with dh morphology being so low that the most successful is IVF with ICSI where they choose the sperm and inject directly into the egg. My insurance luckily covers everything up to IVF, so all my meds, tests, iui and all are covered with a $15 per visit copay. I am truly blessed for this coverage, i dont know what we would do without it. We will be doing iui again. Im not sure how many they will do. put praying this one works and we dont have to do any more after this month.

I also found out that its ok if i start while on the progesterone, they told me its normal for that to happen. :) yay! So had my baseline scan yesterday , will go to see if my folly/follies (rooting for more than one! ) are ready to do the trigger shot and then probably iui on Friday or Saturday.
Me: 37, Rhonda
DH: 38, Brian
DS: 6, Elijah
:angel: early m/c May 23, '14
BFP: Feb 9, 2014 :angel: m/c Ap '14
:angel: early m/c 2/12
TTC since June '13

PCOS 1500mg Met. Male Factor: 1% Morph prob due to type 1 diabetes

Nov 4 100mg Clomid (1 egg)-BFN
Dec 14 100mg Clo (1) and IUI-BFN
Jan 15 100mg Clo (1) and IUI- BFN
Feb 15 150mg Clo (2) and IUI- BFN
March 15 delay:cyst. Bravelle (FSH) Inj Cancelled: Cyst
April 15-Natural: BFP!!!
TEAM PINK!!

"Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5&6

Rhondalynn77
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby avaya » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:12 am

That's good news :) Yay, Friday is right upon us! I'm 7dpo right now but don't feel any symptoms. I'm still hopeful but was hoping to get symptoms that would make me feel like "yep, this is it!" AF is due next week so if I do get it, I'll finally schedule that HSG and can quickly join you in the IUI route!
avaya
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rhondalynn77 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:27 pm

avaya, next week, i finish clomid today, go on wed for scan and iui friday the 16 or sat the 17.
TTC since June '13

TEAM PINK!!

Rhondalynn77
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pumpkinseed » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:55 pm

Wishing all of you ladies, luck!

We got our xmas bfp but it looks like this pregnancy is NOT going to stick. Do you think the low morph had anything to do with it? I thought low morph might make it harder to GET pregnant (it didn't) wasn't thinking about how it could effect staying pregnant. Any insight appreciated.

By the way, his doc recommended taking Male Fertility Supplement (MFS) by coastscience.com that has all the necessary vitamins plus coq10, b vitamins, glutathione, l-carnitine, l-methioine, relora, etc which is like fertileaid on steroids. We're going to order as it can't hurt to take it for next round of ttc.

It's supposed to help with dna fragmentation, improve low motility and morph and reduce oxodative stress. We'll see...
Me: 37 / DH: 43 / G-free / Autoimmune thyroid disease (nature-throid)
Lovenox, metanx, baby aspirin, prometrium, vitamin d3, prenatal, progesterone
MMC: 01-14-15
CP: 4-12-15
MMC: 7-13-15 (d&c, heartbeat was seen but gone at 8 weeks, 2 days)
TTC ON HOLD WHILE I AWAIT RESULTS, HOPING FOR RAINBOW BABY
pumpkinseed
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Amouna87 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:44 pm

Pumpkinseed- I am so very sorry to hear that- what is making you think it won't stick? Have you had any bleeding or confirmation? I really hope that you're wrong and that it continues to stick for you- I can't imagine how horrible that must be- I don't think morphology from what I've read affects miscarriage- because the badly shaped ones wouldn't have managed to penetrate the egg in the first place but you never know, maybe a disformed one did which meant pregnancy wasn't viable- but i really hope thats not the case and that it sticks for you....if not then we are all here for support xxx i have hubby on fertilaid- supposed to increase motility and count (when he remembers to take them!!) which isn't morphology but I couldn't find any that were directly meant for morphology so figured if count went up and motility at least hopefully we could increase chances a little bit....
Avaya- fingers crossed for you!! You might not have any kind of symptoms, I mean most don't- and plus you are only 7dpo if you think about it, implantation happens most commonly 9-10dpo so if u were pregnant you wouldn't be feeling "this is it" yet- at least that's what I tell myself lol! But hoping that you're surprised with a bfp! Keep us updated :)
Rhonda- so excited for you! I wish I could be doing my IUI next cycle but most likely by the time we do everything will be March time ish that we do it- I just wanna hurry everything along! I hope it works perfectly for you guys :)

As for me- got my consultation next monday where i will most likely be booked for my hsg urgh :( God help me, seriously I am so so scared of the hsg after the stories I've heard and I do NOT handle period cramps well lol (says the one ttc lol but thats different at least its for a baby and not just pain for nothing!) I think I O'd today or yesterday or maybe tomorrow- I have no idea lol but had O cramps today on left side and CM seems to have dried up towards the evening so I'm thinking either early this morning or today. I refuse to look at fertility friend this cycle lol cuz I figured just focus on moving towards IUI because honestly- over past 18 months perfectly timed bding has done absolutely nothing not even a faint bfp! So this month we just bd'd when we wanted and chilled out a bit

Hope everyones having a good day :) xxx
When the world says "give up", hope whispers "try it one more time"
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
Me: So far so good thank God
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

HSG Feb 15: All good

Always praying so hard for our BFP!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/45f043
Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pumpkinseed » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:29 am

My hcg never went past 458 (31 dpo) at least I don't think so. There was 9 days between testing so maybe it went up more and is coming back down.

Symptoms are nil. They think it's prob a blighted ovum but need ultrasound to confirm. No bleeding or cramping. It's like my body can't rid itself of the "pregnancy" yet. I've decided I want a D&C if it doesn't start on it's own this week.

It's so disappointing and scary. First pregnancy ends in nothing. Worried I'll never have luck again. If low morph is the cause, it could happen again which scares me, I have 1:1 fsh/lh so I don't think it's my eggs but I am 37. Wondering if iui (where they wash sperm and pick out only goid sperm) would help.

Reading differing things on blighted ovum. Some say it's a fluke, others says it could mean something could be wrong with us genetically. I had genetic testing prior to ttc and all checked out. But there is something called dna fragmentation or translocation, either he or I could have, or not. Nurse said it's common and rarely hapoens again. I am now thinking the worst since I am now one of the unlucky women that will m/c. You try to be optimistic but when you are in the 15-20% unlucky ones on the first try, it's scary. Happy I got pregnant at all but now worried that it didn't implant/grow properly could mean I'm out of luck. I worry myself endlessly that I'll never have (even one) healthy child.

Confused how women can have 3 healthy pregnancies in a row and I (and you guys) can't get one!

Seeing reproductive immunologist and OB on tuesday. Sort of sucks the fun out of 8 week ultrasound that was planned this week. I am going to find an empty sac and no heartbeat which is depressing. My progesterone was 32 at 10dpo and hcg tripled in first 2 days after bfp so all looked goid at first.

Feeling like I will never carry normal pregnancy and we can't afford super expensive treatments.

What is the hcg you are talking about - injections? What does that do? Good luck to you. I get severe menstrual cramps every month so I understand your concern but hopefully you can grt through it ok.

Wishing you lots of luck.
pumpkinseed
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Amouna87 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:25 am

HSG is a scan they do to check fallopian tubes are open- as we will most likely go down IUI route- they have to check it's worth doing before we pay I guess- so they flush a dye (iodine I think) down the fallopian tubes and if they can see the dye that means there is no blockage, and if they can't then indicates blocksd tubes- am praying it all shows up fine! But when they flush the dye down it causes strong cramps like bad period pain which is the bit I am freaking out about (as well as the result ofcourse) but once its done at least we know where we are with things- your tubes are obviously open which is great as you got pregnant so no need for hsg :)

I can't imagine how it would feel to have the amazing bfp and then for it not to stick- i wish there was something I could say to make it better but only time can heal that one- and hopefully a sticky bfp. I read that women are extra fertile after a mc so hopefully you get your sticky bean next cycle! I very much doubt it had anything to do with morphology becase the badle formed ones wouldnt have been able to fertilise the egg right? I'm not an expert but I would think it wasn't due to that... Try not to worry too much- i know thats much easier said than done- but look at the positives in that you know you can get pregnant- and hopefully it happens next month for you. This whole ttc really sucks, especially when u see others around you getting pregnant so fast- i had my sis in law complaining yesterday that all she has to do is look at her husband and she gets pregnant grrrrr!!!

Hope ur feeling okay pumkinseed- we'll ride through the next tww together :) xxxxx
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pumpkinseed » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:11 am

Thank you, yes I need to keep my chin up and keep moving forward. Hopefully once this is all expelled I'll feel like I can, as right now I feel stuck. I was pregnant, then not, now it's still in there but I have to keep waiting and waiting for the drs and ultrasound, etc. Pregnancy and ttc is just one long wait, it is hell.

You remind me that we have to find the silver lining. I know I can get pregnant, now I just need it to stick. You are having trouble getting bfp but maybe there are some issues I have that you don't. Maybe you just need the iui, then you are good from there on, wheras I seem to have issues making it stick. Overall we have the same goal, a healthy long pregnancy with a baby at the end. It's also empowering to get answers so we don't feel so helpless.

My friend had two girls with a m/c in between. She hates ttc and pregnancy (even though she knows she was lucky to get and stay pregnant) mainly because she said it was a waiting game and she was stressed out the whole time, especially after m/c until she gave birth. Test after test was scare after scare. I feel like being honest about it can only help each other as it's all such a lonely process.

That is hard to hear when people make pregnancy look so easy. I know so many people who have had issues so I'm not as naive as your sis-in-law but sometimes wish i was. She is lucky but doesnt have to rub your face in it. Does m/c really increase fertility?

I hope your hcg goes ok. Just grit your teeth and be hopeful that you'll get your answers. It's so hard, all these tests and we have to be so strong. I was dreading pregnancy (not the end result of course) but ttc with nothing to show for it or getting bfp (fail) is so incredibly exhausting and heart wrenching. I haven't even been ttc long so I can't complain, only kniw I've joined a club that no one wants to be a part of.

Keep us posted on your results. Maybe have a "treat" you can enjoy after it's over so you have something to look forward to. I think we'll take a vacation so I'm dreaming of warm beaches to get me through this.
pumpkinseed
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Amouna87 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:41 pm

Well we have south of france booked for end of march, so I'm just looking towards that- nice and monaco etc so thats whats keeping me going- I agree on booking vacations - me and dh try to do 3 a yr so at least we always have something to look forward to...!

I totally hear you re fearing there is something wrong, and I can't imagine how heart wrenching the whole mc experience is. I read this about fertility after mc: Fertility after Miscarriage

Fertility may be improved after miscarriage and there is some scientific evidence that you are a little more fertile for a couple of months after a miscarriage. After that time it returns to your normal.

- See more at: http://www.babymed.com/fertility-after- ... DRZ9B.dpuf

But i have also read other articles online which say the same thing so here's hoping next cycle you get your sticky sticky bean! We might be part of a club none of us want to be in, but we can at least make the journey more bearable for one another by talking and asking and venting lol- i know it helps me loads...and i hope none of us are here for long :) xxx
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)

Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby avaya » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:57 am

Hi Ladies,

I'm sorry to hear those numbers Pumpkin. I hope that when they check everything, it all turns out well! Like you said, at least you know you can get pregnant which is a big thing! Not being able to get a BFP or even an evap line once makes me feel like we just can't get pregnant.

I started spotting yesterday which is typical before AF. It's due tomorrow so I'll be calling in to do my HSG which should be either next Tuesday or Thursday. I'm not that far behind ya Amouna. Unfortunately, we are still at the beginning of the process so dr probably will not do an IUI right after HSG. Probably not enough time to get meds in me to do a medicated IUI which is what I want to increase our chances. I'm assuming IUI will happen end of February.

Good luck with your IUI! I can't wait to hear good news from you! Let me know the experience is! I'm worried about the HSG too! At first I thought it wouldn't be much but ppl have told me it hurts and the cramping! I plan on running to the lab to do it and then head back to work. Hopefully it won't be that bad!
avaya
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Amouna87 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:32 pm

Aw thanks avaya :)
You will probably be before me cuz i think my appt on monday is just a consultation/booking in- having said that gonna go for my brazilian just incase haha!
And i don't anticipate iui starting until earliest March :( by the time i do hsg and who knows what that will tell me- just praying its not blocked tubes cuz that would delay things soooo much! But hopefully we will both get our bfps naturally and if not then hopefully IUI works for us on first try! To get a bfn on IUI would be extra hard I think as there is literally no better timing/positioning than when its all done for you!

Sorry AF is around the corner :( here's onto next cycle for both of us- I have my usual swollen boobs so I know I'm out already- urgh!xxxx
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)

Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rhondalynn77 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:05 pm

hello ladies, pumpkin, My RE told us that poor morp can cause recurrent m/c due to the fragmented dna. with poor morph even some of the normal ones can have fragmented dna and those can fertilize the egg.
I m/c last april and got preg again in May, but it was a chemical. I havent been preg since. this will be our second iui and my 3 cycle on clomid. I have PCOS.
My RE also said that iui doesnt seem to increase the chances with poor morph, but my God is bigger than the statistics and the obstacles that are in the way. :)
Praying for all of you!
TTC since June '13

TEAM PINK!!

Rhondalynn77
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Amouna87 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:15 am

Rhonda- but in IUI don't they do a sperm wash which only keeps the good sperm in and inseminate with them? I'm scared it won't work for us now :( was really hoping it would but with 2% if it doesn't do anything then I'm not so sure xxxx
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)

Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby avaya » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:46 pm

Oh I also thought the same thing Amouna. I figured if they wash out all the bad sperm than it leaves the good ones plus it is deposited closer to the egg, at least much closer than where hubby is depositing it! Did your guys get good numbers? The only issue in the SA for hubby was the morphology. How many times did you guys do an SA btw? We did it twice and the first one had a better result of 3% but since the latter one is more current, it showed 2% (taken a month apart).

I was relying heavily on an IUI making it successful for us :?

For some reason I thought you were getting your HSG Amouna :) I'm still waiting for AF, maybe tonight. She likes to show up at night after giving me the whole day to agonize over it haha My prediction is next Tuesday or Thursday for HSG since those are the only two days the lab does HSG and it has to be between CD7-10.
avaya
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to General Infertility