Chances of conceiving naturally with 2% morphology?

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Chances of conceiving naturally with 2% morphology?

Postby Rhondalynn77 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:44 am

avaya! I am so glad that everything went well with your hsg! I am so glad it was relatively painless.

I have been having sore bbs today and i had some brown spotting that is in line with the timing for ib, but it could have been a yeast infection.
im 7dpo/dpt and 5dpiui. still have a bit of a line on my tests from the trigger, hopefully it will only get darker!

amouna, when is your hsg?
Me: 37, Rhonda
DH: 38, Brian
DS: 6, Elijah
:angel: early m/c May 23, '14
BFP: Feb 9, 2014 :angel: m/c Ap '14
:angel: early m/c 2/12
TTC since June '13

PCOS 1500mg Met. Male Factor: 1% Morph prob due to type 1 diabetes

Nov 4 100mg Clomid (1 egg)-BFN
Dec 14 100mg Clo (1) and IUI-BFN
Jan 15 100mg Clo (1) and IUI- BFN
Feb 15 150mg Clo (2) and IUI- BFN
March 15 delay:cyst. Bravelle (FSH) Inj Cancelled: Cyst
April 15-Natural: BFP!!!
TEAM PINK!!

"Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5&6

Rhondalynn77
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby charlie111 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:38 am

Hi ladies.. Can I join too?

Currently in my 5th IUI cycle.. AF possibly due on sunday

Amouna87-- its like reading my own story .. same low 2% morphology, TTC about the same length etc..

I wish you all so much good luck!!

xx
TTC since september 2013
after 5 IUI's I FINALLY got my BFP !
Due october 2015

[Image
charlie111

Postby avaya » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:24 am

Welcome Charlie!

It sucks to be in a group about 2% morphology but it's also good to know that we're not alone. Are there any other factors affecting your conceiving process or is it just the 2% morphology? I just had my HSG done this cycle and hoping it was the magic trick for us. Otherwise we are hoping to start IUI next cycle. We see the FS this Friday.

How is everyone else doing? Any updates?
avaya
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rhondalynn77 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:23 pm

cd4 for me here, Doc increased clomid to 150mg, he is concerned that it might thin my lining, if it does, we will go to injectables.
TTC since June '13

TEAM PINK!!

Rhondalynn77
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby charlie111 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:08 am

avaya: thanks!
Well I had longer cycli than "average" - like 34-37 days everytime (but always ovulating !) and after a year we had the HSG done. After that they had the idea of my tubes possibly not being that open.(had to put a lot of pressure) but IUI (because of the low morphology) would mean getting me surely pregant after 3 times my doc said! .. ( she is head of fertility at my hospital) If it would'nt have led to pregnancy after those 3 IUI's than I would need a laparascopy to check if tubes are really open or not..

So after 4 negative IUI's (had shorter cycli in between so could do another IUI in between) I had my laparascopy in december which indicated that all my tubes were open and no further problems were found..
As they only do 6 IUI's in my hospital and after that they switch to IVF, i only have one IUI left after this cycle... I don't have any hope in IUI anymore and eagerly to start with IVF..

now in 2WW and i'm 9DPO..

Rhondalyn: hoping for you your lining is not getting thinner!
Avaya: good luck for you too!
TTC since september 2013
Due october 2015

[Image
charlie111

Postby Amouna87 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:58 am

Hi ladies!
Sorry have been missing - was getting myself so worked up about my HSG that I just couldn't face the boards - hope everyone is doing good - missed you ladies!

Rhonda - so sorry that the IUI didn't work, is it a medicated IUI or natural? Really hope the increased dosage works for you and that it's third time lucky for you hun!

Avaya - how are you hunny? SO glad your HSG went well and that it was all clear! Mine was too :) and I know what you mean about the obstacle course our hubbys swimmers have to face lol those tubes look craazy! Mine was quite painful, but sort of uncomfortable more than anything. I was literally shaking on the table I couldn't stop - the nurse was so lovely she was talking to me and holding my hand because I was crying like a baby (and yes I know, I am trying to have a baby which will be a million times worse lol!!) but I am so happy both of ours were clear! Also Avaya, my DR said that DHs SA wasn't actually that bad and that morphology isn't that big of an issue?! I hope that the HSG has cleared any cobwebs we may have had an that we get our BFPs! Apparently you are more fertile within the 3 months after an hsg so here's hoping and praying!

Charlie - welcome :)! I hope this IUI worked for you hun, and glad there are no other issues apart from morphology - like I said to Avaya my doctor didn't seem too bothered by it, he just said might take a little longer than normal but he's not the one obsessing month in and month out lol so a little while seems an eternity!! I hope you get your bfp, do you have any symptoms yet??

AFM I am just so relieved that the HSG was clear, I think it will probably delay ovulation because not having many O signs and usually I O on cd14 - 15 so by now would have EWCM etc, but I am sure the stress of the past 2 weeks hasn't helped with O. Just hope it's not too late because hate long cycles !

Hope everyone is good xxxxxx
When the world says "give up", hope whispers "try it one more time"
2 years TTC #1
Me (28) DH (28)
Me: So far so good thank God
DH- Low morphology (2%) & slightly below average count (18mill/ml) everything else okay

HSG Feb 15: All good

Always praying so hard for our BFP!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/45f043
Amouna87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby avaya » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:42 pm

Rhonda - I hope it doesn't thin your lining! Dr should be able to monitor that though and hopefully it doesnt but instead gives you good follicles to work with!

Charlie, looks like you're 2dpo past me so I hope that we can get our BFP this cycle!! I'm sorry this process has been so long for you but if you are feeling dejected about IUIs, can you jump into IVF instead of that sixth IUI or are you forced to do all 6?

Amouna - glad the HSG came back clear too! I hear that chances can increase with an HSG so lets hope that's what is going to happen to us! BTW, I basically had non-existent CM this cycle after the HSG too. I had HSG on CD8 and I ovulated on CD13. My only positive OPK showed up on CD13 so I was lucky to catch that surge. I was testing three times a day and I usually don't test morning but this cycle I did and that's the time I caught the positive. By noon it was dark but lighter than control line so a -OPK. Don't lose hope! BD for all you are worth too!

I'm glad to hear morph isn't a huge factor since that seems to be the common theme for all of us! I mean it is still a shame that it is low though :|
avaya
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby charlie111 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:24 am

Avaya and amouna87: glad to hear both of your HSG's went well! Always a relief to hear its all good!

Avaya : well my gynaec said after the laparascopy that I had a choice, start IVF already or try 2 more rounds of IUI after the "normal cycle".. Like amouna said I also think that the fact we have lower morphology just means that its just taking a bit longer than normal... After the laparascopy in december I had a normal cycle due to the hospital being closed during the holidays and my gynaec even said that I was probably going to get pregnant in that "normal cycle"... Obviously it wasn't the case, but the fact that she thought that, means that its noting too major of an obstacle.. She told me she was so sure i was going to get pregant in the next 3 months ( in either the normal cycle or the 2 IUI's left after) thats why she convinced me to do the 2 more rounds of IUI, cause she was so sure of herself..
Plus IVF is ofcourse a lot more of hospital visits and taking hormones (which for now i never had to do except for pregnyl 2 times) etc... so for as long as she sees a chance of IUI working, even though I don't have any more faith.. i think i'm risking it...
TTC since september 2013
Due october 2015

[Image
charlie111

Postby avaya » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:22 pm

How are all you doing? I went to my Dr on Friday and we are going to do IUI this next cycle which CD1 will be either today or tomorrow based on my spotting. How is everyone else doing?

My dr wants me to do 2 IUIs with clomid. I have the option of doing 2 more IUI with the shots or skip to IVF. She said in our case, we can skip to IVF after the first 2 IUI because we do have a morphology issue. I guess to her having low morph can still be an issue with fertility. I can't wait to see what my husband's post wash count is. That would give me a good idea of exactly how many good ones he has.

Charlie, did you just get your IUI done?
avaya
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby charlie111 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:28 am

Avaya... Stil surreel, but I got my beta results back on monday and I'm pregnant !!
Still cannot really believe it, I have waited so long for this moment... IUI n° 5 was positive! fieuwww...

I'm wishing you so much good luck with your IUI this month! As u can see, even with low morphologie, its possible to get pregnant!

Keep us posted please!!!!!!
TTC since september 2013
Due october 2015

[Image
charlie111

Postby avaya » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:56 pm

OMG, congratulations Charlie!!!!! Yay!!! Our first one in this thread!! I am so so excited! I guess low morph is still possible with IUI! This gives me hope that we can try more than 2 times. :happyforyou: :balloons: :congrats:

Praying you have a happy and healthy 9 months! Stick Bean Stick! I think all of us in the morph category understand how scary and frustrating this process is :)
avaya
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rhondalynn77 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:05 pm

CHARLIE!!!! :ptl: :ptl: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: !!!
I am so happy for you!!!

I went up to 150mg of clomid and it paid off! I have 2 follies on the Right 17 and 20! Iui is on Friday.

how are the rest of you ladies?
TTC since June '13

TEAM PINK!!

Rhondalynn77
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby avaya » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:57 am

Rhonda that is great news!! Are you doing a trigger?

Hoping we get back to back successful IUIs! I'm going in for baseline U/S today so I'll let you know. Hope everything is cleared and I can start on clomid on cd5. I'm only starting off at 50mg since it's my first time.
avaya
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rhondalynn77 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:17 am

Yes I triggered last night. :) I'm not testing it out though. Going to just wait for af. Or test if she is late.
TTC since June '13

TEAM PINK!!

Rhondalynn77
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby avaya » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:56 pm

Yay!!! I cant wait to hear good news from you! I think I'll just test the trigger once to finally see what two lines look like! OMG I think I'll cry just seeing it and knowing it's not legit lol
avaya
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to General Infertility