Chances of conceiving naturally with 2% morphology?

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Chances of conceiving naturally with 2% morphology?

Postby avaya » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:28 am

Rhonda I'm so sorry to hear! How did the Friday appt go? I hope that your husband's SA will be better this time around. I haven't even checked the success rate for my clinic's IVF. It's a branch of my insurance hospital so it's not even a clinic like the private ones. I go in for my IVF consultation today so I'll have a better idea of cost too and if they think we should do icsi as well :( My IUIs have been covered but the IVF is not covered so I'll be in your predicament too.

I just had the IUI done on Saturday and this time our post wash was 20 million but she told us the sperm are intermediate speed so she said hopefully they have endurance. Ugh

Depending on what I hear today at the IVF consultation and how long the process takes, we may be able to jump into IVF next cycle or do another IUI cycle with injectibles while waiting for IVF process to get in order. I'm hoping you and I can just get happy news before we reach IVF.
avaya
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rhondalynn77 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:31 am

From another post on Friday:Saw the re today and we are going to take a break from medicated cycles until June or July, dh had an allergic reaction to the insulin they changed him to. They change him back, but between that and two other meds he stopped, that is what probably caused his sa to be so low. So we are going to retest sa mid June and hopefully it will be much improved. Two meds that he stopped are known to cause sperm problems. If things look better we will go back to the injectable with iui. And will have a max of 3 of those cycles. Until then we are back to natural, but idk if I will temp or even track my cycles. Only God knows when I will get my period and if I will even ovulate this cycle. I am spotting from the cyst starting to shrink, but apparently it's not considered a period. I feel better that he didn't jump to ivf right away. And that we do still have a chance.

Let me know what happens at your visit!
Me: 37, Rhonda
DH: 38, Brian
DS: 6, Elijah
:angel: early m/c May 23, '14
BFP: Feb 9, 2014 :angel: m/c Ap '14
:angel: early m/c 2/12
TTC since June '13

PCOS 1500mg Met. Male Factor: 1% Morph prob due to type 1 diabetes

Nov 4 100mg Clomid (1 egg)-BFN
Dec 14 100mg Clo (1) and IUI-BFN
Jan 15 100mg Clo (1) and IUI- BFN
Feb 15 150mg Clo (2) and IUI- BFN
March 15 delay:cyst. Bravelle (FSH) Inj Cancelled: Cyst
April 15-Natural: BFP!!!
TEAM PINK!!

"Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5&6

Rhondalynn77
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby avaya » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:07 am

thanks for sharing Rhonda. I'm sorry to hear the troubles your husband had with his meds :( It sounds like meds may be the cause for both of our husband's poor SA. The consult went well. They are partnered up with one of the best clinics in this area so that eased my mind. The cost though did not make hubby happy but it was expected. I had already told him it would be around $15k and thats what we were told. If I get AF this cycle, I'll be starting BCPs. My husband is hoping that this cycle is it and we don't have to pay for IVF.
avaya
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rhondalynn77 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:26 pm

the two meds dh was on were preventative because he is diabetic, one was Lisinopril and the other for cholesterol. He didn't really need them, but was on them to prevent the problems from occurring. Our RE said that lisinopril especially is known to cause low count along with the cholesterol meds. That really shocked me and answered how we were able to get pregnant last year 2 times naturally.
Good luck with the ivf. I know 5 women who have had success with ivf, 2 irl and 3 from her. Keep me updated!
Me: 37, Rhonda
DH: 38, Brian
DS: 6, Elijah
:angel: early m/c May 23, '14
BFP: Feb 9, 2014 :angel: m/c Ap '14
:angel: early m/c 2/12
TTC since June '13

PCOS 1500mg Met. Male Factor: 1% Morph prob due to type 1 diabetes

Nov 4 100mg Clomid (1 egg)-BFN
Dec 14 100mg Clo (1) and IUI-BFN
Jan 15 100mg Clo (1) and IUI- BFN
Feb 15 150mg Clo (2) and IUI- BFN
March 15 delay:cyst. Bravelle (FSH) Inj Cancelled: Cyst
April 15-Natural: BFP!!!
TEAM PINK!!

"Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5&6

Rhondalynn77
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby avaya » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:54 pm

Thanks Rhonda! We are in the process of starting IVF so I hope that we get lucky with the first round!

I hope that you are back on track with your cycle. No more cysts and you are ready to the do the natural cycle till you can do the IUI again and hopefully successful!
avaya
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to General Infertility