Possible Ashermans

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Possible Ashermans

Postby Hmld7 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:52 pm

Hi there,

Just returned from the RE this afternoon after having a Saline Sonogram, also known as a Saline Infusion Sonohysterography (SIS) to see if I have any uterine scarring causing my miscarriages.

The doc was really rushed (as usual) but said there was a possible "area" where there maybe some "adhesions." Now I'm scared to death. She suggested I go for a hysteroscopy, "if I want to." Again, super confused.

Has anyone ever received this kind of news? Or heard about Ashermans? I've googled it to death but would love to hear from someone on here. TYIA!!!!!
Me - 34
DH - 32
D/C Nuvaring 10/13
Dx hypothyroid 1/14
M/C @ 4 wks, 5/14
Insulin level 21, Started on metformin 10/16/14
BFP on 11/25/14
M/C @ 6 weeks, 12/8/14
Hmld7
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Possible Ashermans

Postby Danaa » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:28 pm

Hello,I been through something like that and the doc told me that both of my tubes were blocked from the base and only ivf will help me conceive and she also told me that a laparoscopy will not unblock my tubes bcs they are blocked from the base and I should try a hysteroscopy and I did end up having a hysteroscopy that showed that both of my tubes were clear and everything else looked great but after a few cycles of no baby I did had an laparoscopy as well wich showed I had adhesions on my ovaries and tubes and my right tubes was blocked luckly the lap was a succes now I'm still waiting for the bfp,don't be afraid of the tests,my hysterocopy was with a General anesthesia and I dont know how painfull it is but I recovered in less then a week after my laparoscopy!I know you are scared but doing these tests will give you an answer and you will know how to proceed next!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to General Infertility