What can causes brown spotting 4 days before period?

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

What can causes brown spotting 4 days before period?

Postby Batgurl » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:19 pm

Hey guys!
I'm asking this question, as I've searched this through, and always seem to find low progesterone. Are there other possibilities for this though? As I have had all regular cycles until 2 months ago (had oral surgery, and then went through a bout of awful malnutrition and high stress because of it). I'm back to being healthy now, but I've noticed ever since my surgery, I have been spotting for about 4 days before my period comes, not giving my beans enough time to implant.
I was curious to know if this could be a result of my hard December; hoping my system can come back from it soon!
Any advice or comments are very much appreciated, thanks so much ladies in advance!
Batgurl
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: What can causes brown spotting 4 days before period?

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:48 pm

Is it happening every month? Brown means old, oxidized blood. That could mean a day or two old or a week old, it just took it's time working it's way out. It could be from your egg bursting from the follicle during ovulation which is a good fertility sign. If it's just this month, it could be implantation bleeding. I don't know much about low progesterone, but my bet would be one if those other two.
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:50 pm

I just noticed that you said it last for about 4 days. That's probably too much for either of those things I mentioned. BUT, if it's brown that still means old blood and I wouldn't think that means your period has actually started, so hopefully you'd still have time for implantation!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Batgurl » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:04 pm

Thanks Beecee! *and congrats btw!
I usually get a day or two of old blood, always have since my periods began as a young girl. So that is normal for me... but the 4 days is not; which has only been going on for 2 months now. I suppose I have to use my best guess and assume that my body just needs to get back in order after everything that happened in the beginning of December... try to focus on good health and see what happens in the next month or two... hopefully my charts will give me some answers, and if not, then I'll see my doctor and see if they have any ideas...
I just don't want to take anything unnecessarily, I want my body to get into a groove; so hopefully it falls in line and does what it's supposed to!

**I should note that it's a light brown, with a bit of pink at first; which is why last month it got me so darn excited thinking I was implanting instead of my AF coming so darn early!
Last edited by Batgurl on Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Batgurl
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to General Infertility