2 years and counting

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

2 years and counting

Postby Ready4it » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:19 am

Hi Ladies,

I had a lap in September, I am on my 6 month post lap TTC naturally. I have been TTC almost 26 cycles in total and nothing has happened. Not even a hint of a line on a pregnancy test once. I had very little issues they found in surgery- stage 1 endo and a blocked tube that was opened after the dye went through. All and all text book case of cleaned up and should have no problems TTC now. I am looking for stories of hope- anything at this time of ladies who conceived long after a lap.

I took a break on the forums for a few months and just kind of had an i dont care attitude and nothing still. Just found out my best friend is pregnant with her 2nd and it's just crushing me that everyone around me is having really no issues.

Thanks xoxo
TTC since July 2013
Cycles vary from 24-28 days. No BFP's AT ALL!
Lap done 9/9/14- Stage 1 endo behind uterus and one blocked tube- but cleared after HSG.
10/22/14 First cycle after lap- BFN :(
11/17/14 Second cycle after lap- BFN
Update 2/15/15- tried femera last cycle and no luck. On 6 month after lap TTC.
Feeling hopeless
Ready4it

Re: 2 years and counting

Postby Danaa » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:42 pm

Hi Ready im in the same situation as you,I had my lap in October and I had my right tube unblocked plus ovarian driling,I have been TTC 2 + years,still waiting the miracle to show after my lap,at the moment im doing ovarian stimulatation with Gonal and Menopur,im on my 4 yh cycle after the lap,I will be trying until summer if nothing happens I will start ivf!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ready4it » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:44 pm

Hey Danaa- I am sorry you are going through the same thing as I! I have theses feelings lately of wow- I am one of those girls that are going to have to jump through hoops to get where I wanna be. :( It's so frustrating!! I was also thinking around May going to the fertility doc, even though I am just feeling hopeless- I am so down about it that I don't think they will be able to do anything. Even though I know that is not true, but ya. My hopes are shot!

Have you been trying anything different each cycle? The last few cycles, I haven't been paying too much attention to my diet, etc... I just don't feel like anything works! LOL

Well keep me updated and I hope the best for you! Here is to hoping we don't have to go to IVF and get a miracle soon!! :D
TTC since July 2013
Cycles vary from 24-28 days. No BFP's AT ALL!
Lap done 9/9/14- Stage 1 endo behind uterus and one blocked tube- but cleared after HSG.
10/22/14 First cycle after lap- BFN :(
11/17/14 Second cycle after lap- BFN
Update 2/15/15- tried femera last cycle and no luck. On 6 month after lap TTC.
Feeling hopeless
Ready4it

Postby Danaa » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:26 am

I have tried to do things differently each cycle,dieting,temping,legs up in the air,BD every day,lots of vitamines,pineapple core,Vitex,about everything I read or I have been told that it could help,this cycle im doing Gonal+Menopur and I will continue until summer I think then we go for IVF!I don't know what else i can do except pray!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby franhgj » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:38 am

Hi ladies - I noticed this thread as it was saying exactly what I was feeling!

I had a lap in November and have now had three cycles. We have been trying since July 2013 but I came off the pill in January 2013. I have got to the point where I can't imagine having a baby or being pregnant, all excitement of this process has left me.

I feel like no-one really understands what we are going through - I have my fertility referral for the end of March.

To top it off, I have had 5 pregnancy announcements since December - sister, sister-in-law, 2 best friends and my cousin.

At least we can still have a glass of wine eh?!
- January 2013 NTNP, actively ttc since July 2013.
- November 2014, Laparoscopy to remove moderate to severe endo.
franhgj

Postby shellsbellsxx » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:10 am

Always have hope ladies!!

I concieved the first cycle after Lap surgery which sadly ended in miscarriage - my first ever BFP in 13 years! I was beyond grief stricken! I was eventually given clomid and on my final round, the week my first miracle would have been due, May 26th 2014 i found out i was finally pregnant with my miracle... turned out to be miracles! I now have in my arms 6 week old twin boys... miracles can happen, if the final round of clomid hadn't worked for me i was giving up for good and moving on with my life. Please always have hope xx
Me:37 DH:43
LTTTC #1 for 13 years
(16.10.12)... Diagnosis - 'Unexplained Infertility'
:doh:
Short 22/23 day cycles, LPD- 10days
23rd September 2013 - BFP - MC 5wks 2 dys 1st Oct '13

6th May '14 6th and final clomid cycle 2-6 50mg - :bfp: (8/9dpo)

7th July '14 - ultrasound #1 @ 9+1 - TWINS! 2 beating hearts :hb: 9+3 :hb: 8+6
31st July '14 - ultrasound #2 @12+4 - 2 beating hearts and bouncing babies 13+4 :hb: & 13+2 :hb: measuring a week ahead!
19th Sept '14 - 20+5 Baby A :future baby boy: & Baby B :future baby boy: - All looks perfect!

14th January 2015 my Babies were born - Samuel Stuart 6lb 5oz and Oliver Michael 5lb 2oz

shellsbellsxx
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:10 pm

Hello again,my 6th cycle after lap is going to be in April,I already started Gonal and Menopur this cycle and times intercouse if nothing works until
Summer Im going to have IVF,sadly so far the lap didn't really helped me,but I'm hoping this is my cycle!!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tina03 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:54 pm

Hi everyone,

I already posted in the endo thread >< but i noticed this one is more active i guess. I had my lap/surgery 2012 and soon after we were TTC without success going into our third year. I was able to be pregnant once some years ago right after i stopped the pill and stupid as i was i had an abortion cause my partner at that time didn't think it was the right time and i just blindly thought he was right. I didn't even know about my problem then and about 2-3 years later had severe pain and problems with ended in surgery and the diagnosis endo. The endo also came back pretty fast after. My ovaries are messed up, while my tubes are free and my uterus is fine too. The ovaries have both one big cyst and are scarred and attached to other tissue, so that they are kinda out of place and not directly under the tubes. So even if i manage an ovulation properly, the egg might not find it's way into the tube. On top of that my egg quality is somewhat low. I tried for a short time Chinese medicine with acupuncture but didn't do it for too long because of the costs. I'm in general a healthy eater, almost vegetarian, hardly ever eat meat, but I got a thing for sweets which is my bad habit. I try to live as healthy as possible, i never smoked and rarely drink.
I'm suggested another surgery, but I'm not sure if i should do it, as the first didn't help me conceive at all, only relieved my pain. I do feel pressure often from my cysts or by certain moves i feel a bit pain, but i can handle that. Plus my doc told me there's a 50/50 chance for more scarring after the second surgery. So it's a kinda tough decision. But what are my options? My ovaries have to at least be in the right position i guess.
2012 diagnosed with endometriosis, surgery/lap, diagnosed with subseptate uterus 2017...TTC since almost 3 years before first BFP in 2015
2015 August 4 - MC identical twins at 7 w, BFP @ 13dpo - squinter BFP @ 12 dpo, Betas: 152, 310, 1982
2016 Oct 10 - MC at 5-6 weeks, BFP @ 9dpo, Beta @ 4w 199

2016 Dec 30 - BFP @ 9dpo > EDD Sept 13, 2017 It's a BOY (av. BPM 130)

Tina03
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:01 pm

Welcome Tina,I know how dificult it is going trough all this but if ur doc suggest onother surgery is bcs maybe he/she thinks it might help!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tina03 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:13 pm

Thank you for your response, Danaa. I gave myself a lot of time to think about it and wanted to try other methods before surgery but maybe i should just do it. Cause how would my ovaries get back into the right position otherwise? I don't know how far away they are from the tubes. I'm just scared it would make things worse and also cause the first one didn't help. On the other hand there has been women with 5, 10 or more operations and they in the end got pregnant. But ya that's how i keep going back and forth with my thoughts ><
2012 diagnosed with endometriosis, surgery/lap, diagnosed with subseptate uterus 2017...TTC since almost 3 years before first BFP in 2015
2015 August 4 - MC identical twins at 7 w, BFP @ 13dpo - squinter BFP @ 12 dpo, Betas: 152, 310, 1982

Tina03
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:20 pm

If your ovaries are fine you can always get IVF,but no ovaries no eggs,no eggs no baby!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tina03 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:39 pm

Ya that's the problem IVF is no option for me, my doc told me it's hard to puncture my ovaries as they aren't even in the right position and hard to get to. My last surgery also seemed to complicated to my doc so he referred me to another gyn. I had a drainage after surgery and apparently that doesn't seem to happen often, so he concluded that it was more difficult operation, i also had a bigger cut similar to a c-section. so ya all this just doesn't give me a good feeling about another surgery.

Tina03
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to General Infertility