BFP after 13 years & MC.. Please help <3

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

BFP after 13 years & MC.. Please help <3

Postby KellyAnnXo » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:06 pm

For the past 13 years, I've been hoping and praying to conceive. At first, I just wasn't using any methods of preventing pregnancy. However, when I met my ex-fiance, we decided to actively try. I charted my temps, used OPKs and after 3 years, we finally gave up hope. After I married my husband, we decided to give it one more shot. We tried for almost two years with no success and decided to start accepting that we would probably never have a child. I saw doctors and had many test done with results inconclusive. The term "unexplained infertility" just made me angry! I just wanted a definitive answer as to why I wasn't getting pregnant. Can it be fixed or should I just give up all hope & cope with never being a mommy? Nothing. No answers.

January 26, 2015, I was having abdominal pain that I knew wasn't normal so I went to the ER. Just before entering CT for a scan, they pulled me away and told me that my pregnancy test had come back positive! I instantly burst into tears. I never thought I'd hear those words. However, as happy as I was, I knew it would be short lived. I didn't even have time to get excited because I knew I was losing it. About an hour later, the bleeding started and at my follow up appointment two days later, the doctor confirmed my miscarriage.

After a week of bleeding, I was given the green light to try again. As devastated as I was to lose the baby, a small part of me had a glimmer of hope again. I CAN get pregnant.. but why is it so damn hard?? Why had it taken 13 years the first time? My husband and I tried immediately afterwards. I ovulated on February 10th and we BDd that entire week. I was told some women are more fertile immediately following a miscarriage so I figured I'd have the best shot getting pregnant right away. Well.. AF showed her ugly face this morning and I'm feeling really discouraged. I needed to post on this site.. & hopefully get some feedback.. but even if I don't, I just had to get all this out.

I've started temping again, I'll be using OPKs and I've been taking prenatals.. but if anyone has any hope to share with me.. or some suggestions on how to improve my chances of conceiving and carrying full term, I would greatly appreciate it! <3
KellyAnnXo

Re: BFP after 13 years & MC.. Please help <3

Postby Danaa » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:20 am

Hey there,im so sorry for your loss it must be terrible!!Dont give up hope!!If you don't mind me asking what kinda of tests have you and your husband had done?i myself im going experiencing infertility and maybe your doctor did some tests that my doc didn't asked me to do!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: BFP after 13 years & MC.. Please help <3

Postby shellsbellsxx » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:18 am

That could have been me writing that post! Have hope it can happen, after 13 years, one miscarriage, i now have 6 week old twin boys.

My diagnosis was also 'unexplained infertility' and it took years of charting, opks, heartache, HSG, lap surgery, miscarriage and 6 rounds of clomid to get my sticky beans, but it did happen eventually x
Me:37 DH:43
LTTTC #1 for 13 years
(16.10.12)... Diagnosis - 'Unexplained Infertility'
:doh:
Short 22/23 day cycles, LPD- 10days
23rd September 2013 - BFP - MC 5wks 2 dys 1st Oct '13

6th May '14 6th and final clomid cycle 2-6 50mg - :bfp: (8/9dpo)

7th July '14 - ultrasound #1 @ 9+1 - TWINS! 2 beating hearts :hb: 9+3 :hb: 8+6
31st July '14 - ultrasound #2 @12+4 - 2 beating hearts and bouncing babies 13+4 :hb: & 13+2 :hb: measuring a week ahead!
19th Sept '14 - 20+5 Baby A :future baby boy: & Baby B :future baby boy: - All looks perfect!

14th January 2015 my Babies were born - Samuel Stuart 6lb 5oz and Oliver Michael 5lb 2oz

shellsbellsxx
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to General Infertility