Trying but the bleeding never stops

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Trying but the bleeding never stops

Postby Stampy1 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:45 pm

Hi.

I've been trying to conceive for 8 months. We haven't been trying hard because we thought it would happen naturally, within a few months. However, when I went off BC, I had two regular periods and then, on the third month, I got a period that wouldn't stop. After a month of bleeding, my dr gave me progesterone to end the cycle. I stopped bleeding for two or three weeks, then I bled again for a month. Again, I had to take progesterone to end it. However, it still didn't end. Two ultrasounds came back normal, with no cysts and a normal amount of follicles.m

Now, I'm scheduled for a hysterosonogram and I'm on norethindrone to stop the bleeding.

Does anyone have any experience with anything like this?
Stampy1
Friend

Re: Trying but the bleeding never stops

Postby Stampy1 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:42 pm

Just an update, in case anyone else has similar problems.

The hysterosonogram revealed that everything was normal. No fibroids or polyps that are causing my bleeding. So at this point the doctor thinks it is hormonal. The doctor thinks I am not ovulating so my periods don't end.

So the doctor thinks I should take clomid and get pregnant, which would stop the bleeding. I'm not sold on the idea. I have an appointment with an endocrinologist, who hopefully will look into my specific hormone levels and figure out how to stop the bleeding without the use of birth control.
Stampy1
Friend

Postby kristaalinnea » Wed May 13, 2015 1:58 pm

I am unfortunately in the same boat, but fertility drugs are a nightmare and scare the crap out of me, so I have put it off. What does your doctor suggest? I mean taking Clomid and staying on the Norethindrone, or just taking Clomid and taking your chances from there?
kristaalinnea

Postby Cadenceoflife » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:19 pm

Does anyone else think that Clomid is their answer to everything? My doctor suggested it but I ovulate... so I don't know why he's telling me to take Clomid? I've read a lot of stuff about the drug and I also see a lot of women who get pregnant on Clomid and then miscarry early. I'm kind of in the same boat regarding what to do next. Our insurance doesn't pay for it so it will be $500/month for however many months it takes. I'm just not sure if it's the right thing to do, especially since I'm pretty sure I ovulate according to opks.
Cadenceoflife
Friend

Return to General Infertility