hsg and /or laprascope experience?

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

hsg and /or laprascope experience?

Postby angelh77 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:36 pm

Greetings everyone! I'm 35, ttc for a year. I did 4 cycles with clomid and recently discontinued because it made me feel very crazy. I have been reading about infertility and asked my dr to do an hsg test. they had done some other hormone testing and ultrasound but not hsg. She asked if I wanted a laprascope and she could inject the dye at the same time? I wonder if anyone has had either of these and can let me know if it was helpful in diagnosis or treatment? I'm leaning towards just doing hsg for now. I have had ovarian cysts but 15 years ago.
angelh77
Friend

Re: hsg and /or laprascope experience?

Postby Danaa » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:17 pm

Hello,im not sure what an laprascope is,are you referring to a laparoscopic surgery?I had both hsg and a laparoscopic surgery,the hsg will show if ur tubes are clear or not but it will not show if they function properly!The laparoscopic surgery is really easy they make 3holes,one in ur belly button and one on each side on ur ovary that,the surgery will show how ur ovary looks like and ur uterus and ur tubes and if ur tubes are blocked they can be unblocked trough the laparoscopic surgery!You said you are suffering from cysts,in my opinion if the surgery is covered by ur insurance go for it this way ur doc can perform ovarian drilling so ur ovaries and remove ur cysts!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Little_Bits » Fri May 01, 2015 5:54 am

Hi angelh77! On Tuesday I had both of these procedures done - laparoscopy for exploratory reasons and an HSG at the same time. For me, it was very helpful in treatment. They found I had endometriosis and were able to burn away the trouble spots. I also had several adhesions that were blocking my tubes, and they could clear these away at the same time. The doctors have told me I have a higher chance of conceiving in the next 6 months than all my time previously. Do you have any unexplained, persistent abdominal pain? Have you ever been able to fall pregnant on your own? I had had moderate to extreme abdominal pain since January, which is why the exploratory lap was scheduled. If you don't have any pain and no additional problems you know about, laparoscopy is a big step to take. I've got the week off of work, have continued bleeding, and am still on pain meds. It is relatively simple - just three small incisions, but still the insides have been moved around, scraped, burned, and that does cause pain. If you are just worried about your tubes being open, I would suggest just the HSG. If there are additional problems, then maybe do both. If you are worried about cysts, those can be diagnosed through an ultrasound. The less invasive the better! Good luck and I hope you find the right treatment option for you.
Me: 28, mild PCOS, history of large cysts that rupture, stage 1 endometriosis resulting in severe abdominal pain, lap to remove endo and adhesions (4/28), HSG shows clear tubes.
Clomid 50mg (6/15) - no response
Clomid 100mg (8/15) - scan shows ONE follicle!!
DH: 34, perfect in every way
TTC since August 2014
First ever BFP October 22!! :bfp:

http://wishingformyrainbow.blogspot.co.uk/

My Ovulation Chart
Little_Bits
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Fri May 01, 2015 6:04 am

I think the surgery is diferent for everyone,i had some adhesions cleared and one of my tubes unblocked and ovarian driling,but i only sppoted for 3 days i mean really light spot and i was able to go home 4h after the surgery,my recovery only took like 2 days,i had no pains whats so ever,yes you might experience some discomfort!!Ibefore the surgery I had both an hsg and a hysteroscopy and they all showed I'm fine nothing wrong with me but the surgery showed the contrary!Im not saying go ahead and have the surgery I'm just trying to point out that is not horrible and is really helpful and for the next 6 months you are highly fertile!Good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby angelh77 » Mon May 04, 2015 3:47 pm

Thank you for your responses. I had cysts and scar tissue removed 15 years ago and have had minimal problems since because I was being treated with hormones. I am not sure if that can improve or go away after time? This is the first time I have been off birth control! 20 years! I waited to get married and pregnant and now am just worried something could be wrong. I am not having too much pain, except for my periods. I scheduled to just do the HSG and am going to see if that helps the next few months before jumping to laparascopic surgery. I am also trying Mayan Abdominal Massage, anyone heard of it? Supposed to help fertility. We will see.
angelh77
Friend

Postby Danaa » Mon May 04, 2015 4:30 pm

Good luck angel,keep us updated!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mybaby26 » Thu May 07, 2015 10:52 am

hi ladies
i also had a LAP Hyst, dye, D&C and drlling ,i had some adhesions cleared and ovarian driling
in April on the 16th
the Husband and i have baby dance 8 days post Surgery
can any one tell if its possible to get pergnant same month as Lap
i also have PCOS i dnt make mature follicle on my own i dnt really O' on my own as well
atleast from what i no of.
am 26 and hubby 27
lately all i wanted to do was sleep ,plus i am drinking water all the time.
my breast nipples are sore
could these be side affects from the surgery
Am new to this form i really dnt no how to use it yet
but this from seems to have more knowledge of this type surgery
can any one give me some advice plz
thanks
Me 26 DH 27 Married for 2.5 years together for 7years :)
Never had a BFP /TTC since FOREVER :(
Apirl 17/2015-Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy ,Dye, D&C & Ovarian Drilling
Found Scar Tissue,some Blocking my Fallopian tube
Laser removal of the scar tissue & Ovarian Drilling /HGS-showed No blockage tube clear!!
AF May 11th/2015
Cycle#1 first try after Lap- Femara 5mg CD 3-7.
scan on CD13 follicle 12mm&11mm (2nd- Scan on CD16 22mm &14mm
-5/26- trigger shot Pregnyl -timed inter-course (Progesterone test June 2th/ 8.71
beta June9- 4.3 re-test- June12, 2nd beta cancelled AF June 11th BFN /
cycle#2 Femara 7.5 CD 3-7 /CD14 follicle 23mm triggerd -novarel 5000-lining 8.23 (BFN
AF on the 9th of July.
3rd try after Lap Clomid 100mg CD5-9 (+opk CD14 night
Starting IVF in ARPIL :D
mybaby26
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby mybaby26 » Thu May 07, 2015 10:56 am

also i want to add am still awaiting AF
i dnt no if thats why am feeling like i do
i also have very irregular periods. so i dnt even no what to expect.
my RE told me to wait until May 28th to see if it comes on its own, If not i go into the office
for a shot to bring on AF
and to start my cycle
we're using Menopur and femara this cycle also.
Laser removal of the scar tissue & Ovarian Drilling /HGS-showed No blockage tube clear!!
AF May 11th/2015
-5/26- trigger shot Pregnyl -timed inter-course (Progesterone test June 2th/ 8.71
cycle#2 Femara 7.5 CD 3-7 /CD14 follicle 23mm triggerd -novarel 5000-lining 8.23 (BFN
AF on the 9th of July.
mybaby26
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Danaa » Thu May 07, 2015 11:02 am

Is possible to get pregnant on the same month you had the lap!!FX for you
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mybaby26 » Thu May 07, 2015 12:21 pm

Thanks Danaa
i hope this is are month

Have you heard after the surgery was any one able to O on there own
and plus do you think these signs are from the surgery.
have any one had similar complains about sore boobs and always thirsty after Lap ?
AF May 11th/2015
AF on the 9th of July.
mybaby26
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Danaa » Thu May 07, 2015 12:30 pm

I had minor ovulation pains the month of the lap,that is how I know I O,I also had ovarian drilling but I did O on my own before the surgery I think bcs of the drilling is a possibility you might O in ur own!!I don't remember being thirsty then usual!!If you are not making mature enough follies or u don't O on ur own Menopur,GonalF,Clomid all good drugs to help you,but I would recommend close monitoring and a trigger shot!good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mybaby26 » Thu May 07, 2015 12:42 pm

wow really? i didnt no the drilling can possibly bring on O' Good to no
and yes my RE wants to start this cycle with Menopur and Femara he also said trigger shot if my follicles grow like they are suppose to .
ans yes about the thirsty part of it.. OMG am always thirsty and for too week my boobs nipples were killing me
right now am in my office and i had to go in the bathroom for a nap lol so tired

I did femara before i respned to the meds geart my follicles were 18mm and 16mm and some small onces around 10mm but for me this was great improvement because i have never seen them this big before.
that cycle i got a BFN and my RE explained to me that the Adhensions that was blocking my tube could of played a part in me not getting pregnant at that time.
My RE is excited to start next cycle with me .
AF May 11th/2015
AF on the 9th of July.
mybaby26
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Danaa » Thu May 07, 2015 1:05 pm

I also had adhesions and a blocked tube this is my 7th cycle after the lap and still nothing!!Good luck to you!!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mybaby26 » Thu May 07, 2015 1:16 pm

Dnt you worry Danaa
its coming for you just keep the faith and dnt give up
it gets hard at times for me to keep going but i no i cnt give up,because nothing worth having is easy
at least for some people, God is gonna fix it and this year is not going to pass with out us getting our BFP

Good luck to you
and i wish you all the baby dust there is
AF May 11th/2015
AF on the 9th of July.
mybaby26
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby angelh77 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:44 am

My HSG came back normal, if there was a blockage she said it was opened during the procedure. I did find it to be painful, at first uncomfortable and after a few minutes I felt a sharp pain. I actually screamed and was so embarrassed. I am going to wait on laparoscopic surgery for now, maybe in a few months. In the meantime, I am having Mayan Abdominal Massage, trying to eat healthier, using castor oil packs, and trying to stay positive!
angelh77
Friend

Next

Return to General Infertility