Ovarian cyst

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Ovarian cyst

Postby Tina03 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:25 pm

Ya it really depends what kind of cyst it is. A hormonal cyst (one from a failed ovulation, corpus luteum) will usually disappear with the next period(s). But any other cysts usually don't. I had blood filled cysts caused by endometriosis and they wouldn't shrink, they rather got bigger, as more blood is added with each period (the endo parts on the ovaries or in your belly bleed as well every time you have your period). Also there's rare forms like dermoid cysts that can contain all kinds of body material like bones, fat, skin etc. All those cysts need to be removed. A doctor can only guess by ultrasound what kind of cyst it could be, as he can see if it's either filled with clear (homoral cyst usually) or dense material (blood, dermoid). So only surgery can give you an accurate answer.
Of course a doctor will first see if the cysts go away by themselves, surgery only if they won't disappear and interfere with your ovulation and cycle and/or cause pain (as in my case all 3 reasons applied).
2012 diagnosed with endometriosis, surgery/lap, diagnosed with subseptate uterus 2017...TTC since almost 3 years before first BFP in 2015
2015 August 4 - MC identical twins at 7 w, BFP @ 13dpo - squinter BFP @ 12 dpo, Betas: 152, 310, 1982
2016 Oct 10 - MC at 5-6 weeks, BFP @ 9dpo, Beta @ 4w 199

2016 Dec 30 - BFP @ 9dpo > EDD Sept 13, 2017 It's a BOY (av. BPM 130)

Tina03
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Emilia80 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:25 pm

2 ultrasound techs have both told me its a corpus letuem cyst which makes sense too bc it started after ovulation and also bc I was on clomid which I know is known to cause these cysts. So is it likely these type of cysts delay periods!? It measured at 3cm and boy I was in so much pain bc it had ruptured. The tech also said she saw fluid. Plan to have another ultrasound in few weeks to confirm its gone, but right now I'm concerned my period won't come. If I do miss my period this cycle could I still ovulate when I usually do ?
Emilia80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tina03 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:45 pm

I'm pretty sure you still can ovulate even without a period. The cyst might shrink/dry out by itself or rupturs as in your case and even if it's still there you can ovulate, probably from the other ovary with no cyst on it. But eventually your ovulation isn't at the same time as usual, could be delayed but ovulations vary each cycle anyway. Just keep track of your cycle with charts or at least opks so you wont miss it.
2012 diagnosed with endometriosis, surgery/lap, diagnosed with subseptate uterus 2017...TTC since almost 3 years before first BFP in 2015
2015 August 4 - MC identical twins at 7 w, BFP @ 13dpo - squinter BFP @ 12 dpo, Betas: 152, 310, 1982

Tina03
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Emilia80 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:59 pm

Actually this cycle I ended up having 2 cysts one on each ovary bc I ended up o from both sides this cycle, When it rains it pours! So if I skip a period this cycle bc of the cyst I can still o next cycle. I will use opk like normal and hope for the best, this delayed period is freaking me out. I had a hcg blood test about 8dpo and it was 2 so doc said negative for pregnancy, can that be too early to check ?? Im Too scared to take a hpt bc sick of the bfn.
Emilia80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tina03 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:52 am

>< oh i see lol but you said one ruptured, right? so means it's gone or will be gone. So i think you still have a good chance you will ovulate and sometimes women still ovulate with cysts on their ovaries but the cysts might be in the way and the ovulation isn't as smooth as it should be or the egg doesn't make it into the tube as the cyst blocks the way. I have still or better again one cyst on each ovary as well and it seems i still ovulate though, just as i said it seems harder for my egg to get into the tube as the cysts push my ovaries out of position. Ya, 8 dpo is early, some women might get a positive then as they implanted early but it's not common to get a positive so early. Just give yourself some time before testing again or just use OPK's for now, if you get a strong positive any time soon, also do a preg test that day. Best would be to track your temp, it's much more reliable than just OPK's alone.

Tina03
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Emilia80 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:00 am

Thanks heaps for the reply Tina. Sorry I know that I o this cycle it was confirmed by ultrasound. I mean for next cycle, if my period doesn't come this month like it should, today it was due. If it doesn't come by next week when I am meant to ovulate can I still ovulate next week as normal even though I didn't have a period?? I took a HPT tonight bc I couldn't handle this not knowing and it was negative so I know for sure I am not pregnant. I guess missing a period is freaking me out as it's never happened before and it makes me feel like I'm gonna lose a month bc I won't o. I'm happy for the period not to come this month if that's what it wants but I want to ovulate next week as normal so I can still ttc! Get me?
Emilia80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tina03 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:21 pm

ya that's what i ment, sorry if it didn't explain it well. You still can ovulate next cycle again with or without a period in between. Just see which one will happen first.....don't worry, you don't really loose as month but it takes a bit time maybe to get back on track again, sadly cysts can cause your cycles to become a bit irregular. Dont't forget to TTC anyway :-)

Tina03
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Emilia80 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:53 pm

Thank u so much Tina, I appreciate your time and effort in explaining everything im all new to this even though have been ttc for a few months now, it's gettinf to me. Starting tot feel like it's never gonna happen.
Emilia80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tina03 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:21 pm

oh believe me i know how it feels >< it's been almost 3 years for me....but haven't given up yet. You shouldn't either, there's so many women that got BFP's after years, sometimes we do need a little or more help but it will happen. The reason i say that you still will ovulate next cycle even without a period in between is, there's a lot women who haven't gotten a period for over a month and ended up pregnant. But it's easier to miss it that way, cause you can really tell when your last cycle stopped and when the next one started, but you will ovulate at some point again. Just try to track it down with OPK's (and/or charting) and keep BDing every other day.

Tina03
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Emilia80 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:29 pm

Wow 3 years that's a long long time, I prob would've broken down by now, ur a strong woman! It's heart breaking month after month and then having friends around getting pregnant. I'm starting to stress out and slowly reach that break down. I guess for me I find it harder to relax bc I am 35 today! Yep today is my bday and what did I get for it a BFN. so had a little cry! It worries me it could take years bc I dont have much time, ideally I would love 3! I wanted 4 but don't think time is on my side. But I would be devestated if I can't have 3! I guess right now I'd be happy with 1!

Have u tried any fertikity treatments? If u don't mind me asking do u have any fertikity issues? I have one blocked tube and low amh. Do u know much about AMH? So I've been on clomid for 3 cycles this being my last and what do I cop a bloody cyst from it. Gyno prescribed me injections I think I'll start them the following month but am too scared.
Emilia80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tina03 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:46 pm

I got a long story, but ya i had just so many breaking points in between, it's like a roller coaster between devastation and hope for me. I actually got pregnant once, super easy and fast right after the stop of the pill, it wasn't really planned, but i was so happy. Unfortunately my partner at that time didn't think it's a good idea and i kinda went along with it :-( i became so depressed after, the relationship broke down. At that time i thought all is normal, didn't know i had problems until 3 years later i had cysts on my ovaries, that wouldn't disappear and cause me pain. I got surgery and was diagnosed with endometriosis, especially on my ovaries. They told me to try right after, but i was in a distance relationship with my husband at that time (across the ocean), it took a half year till i was with him and we tried, but nothing. And cysts were back already. I went to different doctors, one told me to wait, the other to operate again. I was told my tubes are open, my uterus is fine, but my ovaries are a disaster, they are pushed out of position through the cysts and egg quality is low. I was recommended IVF or surgery. But IVF is too expensive, so didn't consider it, plus my doctor said he might not even be able to reach my ovaries to take out eggs as they are out of position and i want to wait on the surgery. So trying out natural treatments for now. If it doesn't help, i might go for the surgery by the end of this year. But there's a 50/50 on more scarring too, my doctor also suspects my ovaries have attached to other tissue either during healing of the last surgery or because of the endo. I haven't been offered hormonal treatment and don't really want it and it doesn't help much if the egg won't find it's way into the tube. So this is my story as short as i can tell it. I just try what i can, stay healthy, natural treatments and just hope for now, hoping my egg quality goes up and one egg one day makes it into my tube despite the ovaries being somewhat out of position.

Oh and happy birthday!!!!! I'm so sorry for your BFN :hugs: - I know how hard it is, i hoped so much too i get a BFP on my birthday in march this year >< before turning 33. I'm close to your age. So ya you do feel as if time runs out!
Last edited by Tina03 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tina03
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Emilia80 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:58 pm

My heart breaks for u im so sorry. But I love your optimism and that's right u have to keep the faith. Let me tell u, we found out a friend is pregnant few weeks ago, this girl was told she would never have kids bc she has it all, endo, cysts, fibroids and extreme scarring, her ovaries were for the tip! Apparently the worse u can get, well she beat the odds and she's having a baby! I believe when God is ready to give it to u he will. That's why I have to try stay positive. It's hard and it really gets to u but u can only keep trying. They say when ur not thinking about it is when it happens. I just wish I could switch off all this ttc. Easier said than done.

Hun, I'll reply later I'm off for a bit now but I will reply when I get back home :))
Emilia80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tina03 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:12 pm

Oh this is amazing!!! Such stories keep me going! Compared to that my problems seem like nothing >< A co worker of mine told me in her family there' s a lot of women that seemed to have had problems conceiving but they still did, one even after 10 years >> of course i don't want to wait that long nor would i (and you) have that much time, lol. But i know it's possible. For now i just try to treat my body well and myself as good as i can. Sometimes there's changes needed in life, go on a vacation and relax, or change jobs, change lifestyle etc. Sometimes a major change makes it happen or it just has to be the right time. If really nothing happens, i consider the surgery as this seems my only other option. But i hope i don't have to. As i said I hope one day the egg just makes it into my tube somehow. Once it does it's fine as i have no tube or uterus problems, it just has to get on it's way really.
It doesn't help if others tell you to relax and let it go. I had so many telling me that, i made me more mad and depressed than relaxed. Cause they can't understand what you are going through especially if you feel as if your clock is ticking. But sometimes it just happens, you do get distracted by life or go on vacation and really happen to relax without trying to and you get your BFP. But it doesn't happen when you concentrate on trying to be relaxed, lol.

No problem, reply whenever you want and can :-) Tons of :babydustb: to you (and me lol), we get there, ok!

Tina03
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Emilia80 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:54 am

Sorry just got home, my friend loves to shop! Lol

Yeah hun I hear so many stories of girls who struggle to fall pregnant and then do. My boss she has endo and couldn't conceive for 5years and now has 2 beautiful girls. I truly believe when u stop thinking about it it will happen. I agree I hate when ppl say relax don't think about it bla bla and while I do agree with them it's just so hardto put into practice u know. Everything always sounds better in theory. But I have hope. For both of us. We can do this.

Now I'm worried my Cyst is blocking my ovaries. Ughhhh can't win I swear! This no getting my period is freaking me out bad.

A bit off topic if I may. I had my AMH tested back in November last year and it came back at 6.8pmol (0.95ngl) so very low. But I was on the pill back then so my doc told me to come back in 6 months to test which I did but silly me forgot I was on clomid so didn't know if this would affect the number again. My doc thinks it makes the number better but I wanted to ask if maybe u knew and what ur opinion is on this. Do u think clomid can make ur amh level increase? When I had it retested it came back at 9.8pmol (1.37ngl) still not the best but I'm just glad it's over 1ngl but now I'm thinking is it bc I stopped bco so my numbers went up as the original result or is it bc of clomid my result went up. Such a mess lol. But tnought I asked.
Emilia80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tina03 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:47 am

I'm sorry, with Clomid i have no idea or experience. But i believe clomid helps ovulation? Then im pretty sure it could influence test results. I got a blood test done for my egg quality, the mullerian hormone test?! I think but i don't remember if my doctor told me the number, he probably did but all i heard or remember was low egg quality ><. Could be the same test you got done, i didn't see it as AMH on the lab sheet, just as mullerian hormone test. Must be it, there's probably not more than one test for egg quality. But egg quality can be boosted also naturally, so you aren't stuck with a low number.

Tina03
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to General Infertility