4dpiui #1

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

4dpiui #1

Postby Alexandrarhyan » Sun May 03, 2015 1:32 pm

Hi everyone! This is my first post ever! My DH and I have been ttc for almost two years. In this two years we have had two chemical pregnancies (one was a misdiagnosed ectopic). I have had two cycles of clomid 50 mg and regular BDing the first cycle I ovulated the second I did not. my RE discovered I had high prolactin and put me on bromochriptine (sp?). I also took 100mg of clomid cycle day 5-9. We saw one beautiful 22mm follicle a few days before getting a positive ovulation test! Iui #1 happened on Wednesday April 29th and u/s on May 2 showed follicle had burst. I just wanted to post for some cycle buddies and hopefully so positive encouraging thoughts, prayers or comments And I would love to give them right back at you! ❤️
Alexandrarhyan

Re: 4dpiui #1

Postby amy0783 » Sun May 03, 2015 2:05 pm

Hi,
I had IUI same day as you, on 4dpiui myself, my RE did not mention an ultrasound post procedure though. this two week wait is the absolute worst! trying to keep my mind off it as best i can (which isn't really working), but this site has been a great help for the past 4 days and i am comforted to see that there are women out there supporting each other in these situations. no one really understands unless they have been through it themselves...
i have been super sensitive to how my body has been feeling post IUI- symptoms seem to vary since day 1 in no particular order- abdominal pain, "pulling" sensation on left and right sides of my hips, feeling so tired like i couldn't sleep enough, light nausea, then feeling very hungry all of a sudden. i know i could be reading too much into these symptoms, just worried its my period (AF?- sorry I'm a newbie not entirely fluent in the lingo just yet)... so i guess only time can tell!
i wish you all the best, sorry i don't have advice but hoping for positive results for you! hang in there during the wait, i will be doing the same ;)
amy0783

Postby pmayer77 » Mon May 04, 2015 7:00 am

Welcome Alexandrarhyan,

We have very similar stories. I had my first IUI on the 28th of April. We have been trying to conceive for 2 years. I had high prolactin and was prescribed bromocriptine, which has been successful in bringing down my levels. I, similar to amy0783 did not have an u/s. I do have a follow up tomorrow, but I believe they are just drawing blood.

I am fairly new to TWW as well. I just started posting on the date of my iui. We can all be an encouraging source for each other.

I am 38, my husband is 38. We have a 2 year old, which was conceived quickly and without any assistance.

I haven't felt anything totally unusually, except for tiredness as well. Although, my RE is assisting in helping me to get pregnant, I ultimately feel God is the main source, so I do pray daily to accept God's will and to be patient on this tww.

Have a good day,
Priscilla
TTC #2
Me: 38, DH: 38
DD: 3 (in June) - conceived naturally
DH SA: Great
IUI#1 (4/28/15) Clomid cd3-7, 2 follicles #21 #23, Ovidrel cd12, IUI cd13 - BFN
IUI#2 (5/23/15) Clomid cd3-7, 2 follicles #17 #23, HCG 5/22 - BFN
IUI #3 (6/20/15) Clomid cd3-7, 3 follicles #17, #18, #117, HCG 6/19 - hoping & praying this is the one..

I hope... I pray... I believe...
Romans 5:5 "Hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."
pmayer77
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Alexandrarhyan » Mon May 04, 2015 8:49 am

Thank you to both of you! I have blood work tomorrow as well. I am very very calm and relaxed this cycle which is a new change.

My husband and I are both recently 26. Everything has come back normal on his side. I just don't ovulate on my own darn it! I am very hopeful that we will get pregnant and have a baby soon and I believe staying hopeful is half the battle!

Good luck to you ladies! ❤️
Alexandrarhyan

Postby Alexandrarhyan » Tue May 05, 2015 4:40 pm

Any new news ladies?

I had my blood work done today for...I believe progesterone check? One of my Drs is on vacation so they actually had to send my bloodwork out! Won't know how my prog levels are for a couple days!
Alexandrarhyan

Return to General Infertility