Just diagnosed with fibroid

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Just diagnosed with fibroid

Postby TiyanaC » Thu May 14, 2015 8:23 am

Hello ladies...my husband and I have been ttc for almost two years with an MC last July. My doctor finally did an ultrasound to see if something is going on. I found out hat I have a uterine fibroid on the right side. She said it shouldn't interfere with conception however we have only become pregnant once in two years with an mc. I finally got referred to an obgyn and I go in next Friday.

Any other women that have been diagnosed with a fibroid and had trouble conceiving and staying pregnant?
TiyanaC
Friend

Re: Just diagnosed with fibroid

Postby mmmoore » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:54 am

Hey Tiyana!

I have unexplained infertility and have been trying for almost two years as well. I too have fibroids. My RE also told me that they are "medically insignificant" and not to worry about them. She told me that many women have them and they don't even know. But I still worry about them. I just went through IVF and have started the FET protocol and I am worried that those fibroids will block the embryos from implanting. But I also trust my doctor. I think that if it was a concern she would have addressed it.

My mom has fibroids and delivered three healthy babies with them. I think it just depends on where they are located. Sending baby dust your way. I know how frustrating it is!
22 months TTC number 1

Me: 27
DH: 29

Praying for our own miracle!

Check out my blog Moore Than Words!

Diagnosed with Unexplained infertility.
Hypothyroidism. Slight PCOS.
Moved to RE in Nov. 2014

First IVF Freeze-All March/April 2015:
ER: 14 eggs, 13 fertilized, 10 made it to freeze!
FET July 29 5-day transfer of two beauties: BFN

My Ovulation Chart
mmmoore

Return to General Infertility