Any and all Suggestions Please

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Any and all Suggestions Please

Postby ttc1111 » Thu May 14, 2015 5:24 pm

Hello...My husband and I are both 30 years old and have been trying to conceive since 2012. Our attempts have resulted in MC #1 due to trisomy 13, MC #2 (twin pregnancy) - D&C results came back normal for this one so the cause is unknown and MC #3 due to trisomy 16. My husband and I have done chromosome testing and we both have normal karotypes. As far as the drs. can tell they say everything seems normal - they say its bad luck. Genetic counselor has advised IVF. Today we went to an IVF consult and the Dr. seems to think it has been bad luck but highly suggests IVF with PDG where they check the embryos for genetic abnormalities before implanting. I don't know what to do. This path seems very expensive but I want a healthy baby but I can't stop thinking should we try one more time naturally. Any thoughts?
ttc1111

Re: Any and all Suggestions Please

Postby AndiA108 » Fri May 15, 2015 12:08 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. I don't know much about IVF so I can't be of much support there. What does your DH think? Does he want to try again naturally or go for it? I'm a true believer in going with what your gut tells you. But thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way. Wishing you the best! :luck: :praying:
AndiA108
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KTBrown » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:59 pm

I would try again naturally before going that route personally but I have no idea as you haven't indicted, if your emotionally strong enough for another try. I would base my decision on emotional energy and if you can handle it; try again without intervention
KTBrown/ Carrying a miracle to term: EDD 09/07/2015
Andrew 10/10/2013
Joshua 06/14/2011
Elijah 10/05/09
Isaac 08/08/08
KTBrown
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stefknow » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:35 am

I'm sorry for your losses. And I'd like to share some blog posts I read that I think might inspire you and give you support!

TTC Story: When IVFs Bring A Baby- http://knowhen.com/index.php/2015-04-19 ... ing-a-baby
Starbucks, Peace and the Pursuit of a Baby- http://trialsbringjoy.com/
stefknow
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TTCBabyBoy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:00 pm

I know IVF is expensive, but I would seriously consider it. You would have so much peace of mind with PGD knowing that your baby didn't have any chromosomal abnormalities. There are so many conditions where the child could have trisomy and end up with disabilities that would cost well over the money you would pay for IVF, so consider that if you can. I wouldn't fault you for trying again naturally if you felt like you couldn't afford IVF, but if there's a way to afford it and work it into your budget I think it would be worth considering.
TTC #3 after IUD removal August 3rd, 2015.
DH: 36
Me: 29
DD#1 is 5 and DD#2 is 3!
TTCBabyBoy
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to General Infertility