TTC following Polyp Removal (and IUD removal)

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC following Polyp Removal (and IUD removal)

Postby essex_chook » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:23 am

Hey Everyone

I am on my first cycle TTC. BPN this month, but my cycle is worrying me slightly.

I had irregular bleeding (mainly mid -cycle prolonged spotting) for a while. Before having my IUD inserted a (better!) Dr thought to check for underlying causes and within a week I had polyps removed. This was Jan 2014. I went onto have a paraguard (removed Jan 2015 due to the insane periods on it!) and had the Mirena put in. This was under the advice of my Gyn (who was great) as merely the presence of the IUD plus the hormones would likely prevent the polyps from returning (I explained we wanted to TTC in the summer).

Fast forward to May 2015 - I had my IUD removed and had a few days spotting. My first "normal" period was 06/01 and last 5 days. I seemed to ovulate early (with an + OPK on Day8). However I started spotting on 06/16 and have continued to for a week. Very light and almost no need for a liner. At first I was hopeful for implantation spotting but when it carried on (and after 3 BFN!!) I figured this was pre AF spotting.

I'm now CD 23 - no proper AF yet. I just went to my Dr - in the last few months I have moved states and the healthcare here is not as good. They suggested waiting another 2 cycles to let my cycles regulate after the IUD removal (in fact she was rather scolding about use trying the cycle after!). However I am concerned this spotting my signal a new batch of polyps given recurrence rate is high. Myself and my husband are going to wait one for cycle (may I'll get a BFP) but if spotting continues see another provider (we get really good rates using this particular one) who will schedule me for diagnostics sooner rather than later! After all I'm not getting any younger!

Does anyone have similar symptoms/stories of TTC after IUD and/or Polyp removal. is a few cycles of spotting normal after having the Mirena removed.
essex_chook
Friend

Return to General Infertility