Advice on what to expect

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Advice on what to expect

Postby hopeful4-2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:46 am

Back in April I was diagnosed with a very large hemorrhagic cyst. I didn't like my OB/GYN because she was trying to push birth control on me when she knew we were trying to conceive. So I switched to an OB/GYN that also specializes in fertility once I hit the year mark he told me to try for a few more months after that. Well it's time for my return as I have not gotten my BFP yet. What I do know is that I have a regular cycle at 28 days and I'll be late on day 14 as my OPK tells me so. Have all the right sign saying that I do ovulate on my own. What I want to know is what the doctor can do to help me get pregnant. People get prescribed Clomid even know they do ovulate?
hopeful4-2

Re: Advice on what to expect

Postby hero7 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:08 am

Yes I ovulate regularly, but my doctor prescribed clomid for me. I tried it for 2 cycles and it didn't work. For a variety of reasons I switched to an RE and we are now going to try the injectables.

There are always so many factors to consider - it's probably a good idea to get all the tests done, have your husband's SA and then you can get a good plan together with your doctor.
Me: 38
Hubby: 42

Married 11/2/2014
TTC #1

March 2015 - confirmed early MC/CP
May & June 2015 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
July 2015 - Testing done: AMH 0.72, FSH 10, DH SA #s are great, but lowish morphology
Aug 2015 - Follistim w/ timed - BFN
Oct 2015 - Follistim w/ IUI - BFN
Dec 2015 - New RE!! Updated labs - AMH is now 1.3! Started IVF meds 12/31, retrieval mid-Jan
hero7
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to General Infertility