Dealing with Unexplained Infertility

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Dealing with Unexplained Infertility

Postby Amanda16 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:08 pm

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting and I feel as though I need a friend - someone who understands exactly what I am going through and I won't feel ashamed of my situation. Even as I start to write this, I have tears:(

Here goes. Please bear with me as I know this will be a long posting.

My husband and I got married June 2013. We started ttc in September of the same year. The ttc process started out exciting. We were ready to start a family. We thought it would be easy. After a few months, nothing. Keep in mind we are young, dh 33 and me 26. As each month went by, we started getting nervous. Why isn't it happening? After almost a year of not even a whif of a bfp, we got fertility testing done. We didn't want to wait in case there was something wrong. And plus, we wanted to have a family now. Not later.

We had the whole fertility workup - day 3 tests, HSG, progesterone day 21, ultrasound to check uterus and measure lining. Dh had 3 sperm tests including advanced test and blood tests. Every single test came back perfect. We tried Clomid for 4 months, nothing. Then thought, lets try acupuncture. It's been 6 months and nothing. Our next route is IUI. Dh is looking into a DNA sperm test which apparantly if sperm is damaged DNA wise, will not show up on regular sperm tests. I have used OPK's and am so regular. Still 2 years exactly, not pregnant.

I am currently on CD 30. Expect AF in a few days. Already feel as though I am out this month, since my breasts have eased up on hurting today.

How am I supposed to handle the pain month after month? Friends who started ttc after us are now pregnant with their 2nd. People who don't even try, get pregnant. I want to experience pregnancy and have a family. Is that selfish? Am I less of a woman if I can't get pregnant? But why am I not getting pregnant if everything is how it should be? It's not fair. It shouldn't be this hard. You have sex and bang, pregnant. I have tried removing stress. Everything. I take vitamins, eat healthy, don't drink, smoke, nothing.

I'm really sorry for such a long post. I need someone who understands what unexplained fertility feels like. The pain and tears that come with it. Will I ever have a family of my own? What if I have to live with this empty feeling forever? How do you get over something like this?

Please feel free to send me your thoughts. And thank you for listening:)
Amanda16
Friend

Re: Dealing with Unexplained Infertility

Postby Wishfull » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:12 pm

Amanda
I also married in June of 2013. I have found a cause for my troubles but I have been trying for over Two years and not preventing for five before that. I understand what you are going thru. I had a friend get pregnant her first month trying. I was so happy for her but so incredibly sad at the same time. My friend, who I thought was so lucky, lost her baby at 6wks. Then I felt bad because I was sad when she told me. I want to be a mother so much it hurts. And I have no magical comforting words. Just hang in there. And when you're upset be upset. We are dealing with a terrible struggle day in and day out. Baby dust to you girl. I hope you get your BFP soon
http://FertilityFriend.com/home/5eb089/]http://FertilityFriend.com/home/5eb089/[/url]
Wishfull
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Amanda16 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:23 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words.

May I ask what you have found out as your cause of not getting pregnant?

I do agree, it is very hard to see your friends get pregnant. I'm sorry to hear about her loss. I couldn't imagine.

That is another fear of mine. If I do get pregnant, I will be so careful and afraid as I wouldn't want to lose our miracle. My husband and I always joke we wouldn't tell anyone until we were giving birth:)

Good luck to you as well. Please keep me updated on your journey.
Amanda16
Friend

Postby Wishfull » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:54 pm

I have PCOS. I don't always ovulate. I did this month! And I'm trying to wait a full week to test.
http://FertilityFriend.com/home/5eb089/]http://FertilityFriend.com/home/5eb089/[/url]
Wishfull
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Amanda16 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:30 pm

It's definitely hard to wait it out before testing. I used to always test and would end up getting AF the next day. Now I won't test until my period is late, which hasn't happened yet. I don't even have any tests in my house!
Amanda16
Friend

Postby Wishfull » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:31 pm

I made DH hide my test. Hehe
Wishfull
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:37 pm

Hey there,I'm dealing with unexplained infertility,is such a pain in the @ss lol.Did you doc recommend it a hysteroscopy or a laparoscopy to rule out everything?
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Amanda16 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:45 am

Hi Danaa,

Haven't had a lap yet, but was considering it. I have been charting my cycles for the past few months now and I think my issue may be low progesterone. I always spot a few days before AF and my boobs start to ease up on soreness a few days before as well. I am 11 dpo today and started spotting at 10dpo.

I am seeing the fertility doc Oct 13th, so going to see if maybe a progesterone supplement will help. I started taking a vitamin B6 complex this cycle after ovulation, but obv didn't work or didn't have enough time to kick in.

I definitely agree with you and unexplained is a pain! How long have you been ttc?
Amanda16
Friend

Postby Danaa » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:52 pm

I have been ttc for about 3 years,maybe your doc can check ur progesterone and see what is going on there. My lap was really easy,I would do it again any time.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Cadenceoflife » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:24 pm

I don't know if you have had your thyroid tested but just a thought. I recently found out that I am hypothyroid and even though I am regular as a clock, it can cause infertility. I feel your pain. I'm in a similar situation with how you feel. We started 13 months ago and our 'efforts' have gone from fun and joking and walking around baby stores planning our future to just pure depression where every month I DREAD the inevitable 'witch' that comes to visit.

I hope that you find success and I would def ask about your thyroid if you haven't already. I had no symptoms and would never have known if we weren't trying to conceive and begging for every possible test. Good luck!
Cadenceoflife
Friend

Postby Amanda16 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:40 pm

I did have my thyroid checked which turned out all good. I truly have a gut feeling that my progesterone drops too soon. I am taking a b6 complex so hoping that may help. I also have an appt with the fertility doctor this month, so hoping I can get some progesterone supplements.

I totally feel what you are going through. We started out so excited and now we are so negative. It hurts to see baby clothes or couples with their children. It makes you wonder how it looks so easy for others and here we are, trying so hard and nothing.

My best wishes go out to you and hopefully soon we get our bfp!
Amanda16
Friend

Postby magnammy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:14 am

Hi Girls,

Feels good to read your discussions on this topic. My story is somewhat similar.

We are actively ttc since last 5 years with no success. Me: 27 DS:33

Had a D&C 3 years back as doctor did not find a baby but just a sac till 12 weeks.

Recently, did all relevant fertility tests for me and DS all turned out to be normal. We had our first IUI on 19 SEP. This month had missed periods for about 6 days with all the pregnancy symptoms.

Today bloody AF showed up again. :( Doctor has only 1 thing to say everytime, Relax its "Unexplained Infertility".
Its really frustrating!

Will start treatment for 2nd IUI cycle from tomorrow.. lets see what October brings for us.

Plz do share BFP tips after unexplained infertility if anyone has conceived which would be really helpful.

Looking forward for success tips n comments... n baby dust to all!! :)
magnammy
Friend

Postby Wishfull » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:18 am

Amanda, Vitex is helpful with progesterone problems.
Wishfull
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Wishful14 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:44 pm

In the same exact situation as you. UNEXPLAINED!
We are on our third IUI cycle. I was convinced IUI would be the answer. First time it was canceled after we were all set to go. Next two times no success. Now doctor says if this doesn't work we need to move on to IVF. IVF just seems so cool placated, lots of medication and hate to say it but not natural. Not sure I can commit to it again only to be let down.
No one knows we are going through this, and everyone keeps asking when are you going to have kids. I want to scream everytime. So right now we are in the two week waiting period..and trying not to go crazy. Already feeling cramps so not very hopeful!
Appreciate hearing from others who are going through the same thing.
Wishful14

Postby Amanda16 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:11 am

I hear you! Very frustrating being told you are unexplained. I actually had another appointment with the fertility doctor to find out what is next. I mentioned the progesterone issue I may have, but she said my results were perfect and low progesterone is related to miscarriages. So our next step would be IUI. But, in Ontario they just implemented a new program where they will fund one IVF cycle. So, we are skipping IUI for now and starting our one cycle in January. The doc said that IVF will give them a better understanding of the issue if there is one. They will be able to see how the sperm and egg interact. I am nervous, scared, excited. I mean, this is our one shot and what happens if it doesn't work?
Amanda16
Friend

Next

Return to General Infertility