Dealing with Unexplained Infertility

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Dealing with Unexplained Infertility

Postby Rosebud78 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:57 pm

I feel you! We have unexplained infertility and have had two losses in the last 21 months of trying both natural cycles. Have they tested for Thrombophilia? Chromosomal abnormalities? Have they tried giving you progesterone on the 2 week wait? Perhaps IVF is the way to go so they can choose the best egg and sperm to meet. You're at a good age so the chances are good for IVF but make sure you go to a good clinic!
Rosebud78
Friend

Postby Rachel_Shep » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:20 pm

Hey
Thought I'd put my two cents in!
I also have unexplained fertility. ... 31, no issues, and DH is 31 with great sperm. The only thing is I have a slight hypothyroid so I have been on medication for that. Apparently my levels are normal but a little high for getting pregnant.
My RE suggested three rounds of IUI then go to IVF. Just did my first IUI on Tuesday.
Have you considered IUI?
Me - 31
DH - 31
Spartacus our Pug - 3
Rachel_Shep
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby veryclearly » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:29 pm

Rachel_Shep wrote:Hey
Thought I'd put my two cents in!
I also have unexplained fertility. ... 31, no issues, and DH is 31 with great sperm. The only thing is I have a slight hypothyroid so I have been on medication for that. Apparently my levels are normal but a little high for getting pregnant.
My RE suggested three rounds of IUI then go to IVF. Just did my first IUI on Tuesday.
Have you considered IUI?

Do you take Kelp oil by any chance for that? Or has your MD recommended it?
veryclearly
Friend

Postby Amanda16 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:12 pm

Hey! Thanks for the info!
The reason we are going straight to IVF is because the government is coming out with funding for 1 IVF cycle for 4000 families. Once the money is gone, there is nothing left. My doctor suggested IVF to take advantage of the 1 funded cycle. She also mentioned that IVF can be diagnostic. If nothing is wrong, then we could do IUI. I know it's backwards doing IVF first, but this opportunity came up and of course would help us huge financially. Hopefully we get some good news soon!

Good luck with your IUI :)
Amanda16
Friend

Postby veryclearly » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:16 am

Amanda16 wrote:Hey! Thanks for the info!
The reason we are going straight to IVF is because the government is coming out with funding for 1 IVF cycle for 4000 families. Once the money is gone, there is nothing left. My doctor suggested IVF to take advantage of the 1 funded cycle. She also mentioned that IVF can be diagnostic. If nothing is wrong, then we could do IUI. I know it's backwards doing IVF first, but this opportunity came up and of course would help us huge financially. Hopefully we get some good news soon!

Good luck with your IUI :)

That sounds like the perfect opportunity to jump on! Best wishes!
veryclearly
Friend

Postby DG123 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:45 pm

I am dealing with the same issues as you ladies. I have had every test in the books. I have no health issues, I ovulate regularly and my husband has great healthy sperm. I am also young (28, and my husband is almost 30). Everyone tells us "You're young" and "It'll happen when it's meant to happen" but 18 cycles later I'm about ready to lose the faith.

I started with IUI, but maybe I should skip to IVF (didn't realize there was a cap on the new funding in Ontario). My first IUI was this month - not successful.

To add insult to injury, my Sis-in-law, who tried for one month after getting married in August is three months pregnant so the family is about to go baby-crazy (which just adds to all the other friends who are also pregnant or have babies). My family knows the struggle we have been through and understand why this is a sensitive and complicated time for us, with being happy for my brother-in-law and his wife, while being sad for ourselves, but my mother-in-law has never struggled and is very excited about the new baby coming and just can't help talking about it all the time. I have asked her not to talk to me about it when my sis-in-law is not around (when she is, obviously it will be talked about and I get that, and want to be supportive of her pregnancy and my new niece/nephew) but somehow it comes up all the time. It is so frustrating! I don't know how to turn off my baby envy.

I'm really struggling to deal with the emotional turmoil of it all. My hubs tries to stay positive enough for both of us, but this month, after IUI when he saw the BFN even he got discouraged. I can't take it all. I know other friends who have struggled but they are all pregnant now so while the empathize with the struggle, they have gotten through it and it is behind them. I am out of sorts. Some days I just wrap myself up in a blanket and cry for hours.
TTC #1 for 26 cycles :doh:
Me: 28
DH: 29
MFI
IUI #1 - Menopur & hCG trigger - IUI December 12, 2015 - BFN
IUI #2 - Menopur & hCG trigger - IUI February 1, 2016 -BFN
IUI #3 - Menopur & hCG trigger - IUI February 26, 2016 - BFN
Next step: IVF
DG123
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Amanda16 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:13 am

I'm sorry your IUI was not successful. I know how heartbreaking it is, month after month and nothing. I think I'm now at the point that I expect to always get a BFN each month. I have maybe 5% hope, thinking that there is a chance because I know that I'm ovulating and when, but because each month is negative, I just assume it will never happen. Everyone I know or went to school with has a child or is expecting. It's hard to see people with their families. I try and be so healthy and nothing. My husband and I will be trying IVF in the next few cycles and I so hope it will work. If not, then what? Ugh, I hate the stress. I want to enjoy having sex with my husband but it just seems like a chore. Sorry for the long post, but it is hard to talk to others when having a family comes so easily to them. I would give anything to have just one.
Amanda16
Friend

Postby BFPPlease » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:03 pm

I'm sorry you're going through this. Although my infertility could have a potential diagnosis, I can relate to the frustration of not getting pregnant while every other person is.
Ashley (24) in love with Stephen (28)
TTC#1 since November 2015

My Ovulation Chart
BFPPlease
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Previous

Return to General Infertility