Support Group for Long Time TTC'ers!!

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Support Group for Long Time TTC'ers!!

Postby Danaa » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:37 am

Hello my name is Dana-27,DH-29,I have been married for 5 and half years and we have been trying for about 3years for our first baby!!DH had an SA that showed no problems,I had 2 hsg and numerous blood tests 1hysteroscopy and 1 laparoscopy,I descovered I had a blocked tube wich was unblocked during a lap and then again during an hsg plus hypothyroidism but the hypothyroidism is under control no problems with that!I always had regular cycles and i O on my own but I tried 3 cycles of injectables hoping for a bfp sadly that didn't happen!!And now here im after 3 years of charting,testing,trying almost all try vitamins,juices,Pineaaple core,preesed,softcups,etc and no bfp,i can't express the sadness the anger the bitterness that is going on in my heart,i have the support of my husband and our families but of course is not the same bcs none of them have been trough this similar journey and they can really relate to my pain!!I have found wonderful support here and im so happy to have found this site but of course most of them don't have problems conceiving and even though they are sympathetic to my pain they can't really relate,I'm creating this group hoping to chat with women who are going through the same pain as im and support each other!I wanna apologize for my English,my phrasing or some words can be off but i have an excuse lol English is not my first language,im a romanian woman living in Greece!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Support Group for Long Time TTC'ers!!

Postby FutureBabyBee » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:15 am

Hello! I'd like to join if I may. My name is Melissa and my husband and I have been married for 3 years. We started trying before we got married, so about 3.5 years actively TTC but I have been off BCO since 2010 so we have NTNP since then. I have PCOS and hypothyroidism. My DH has MFI so the chances of us conceiving naturally are slim to none. We have done 4 medicated cycles and 3 IUIs, all BFN. I'm 26, he is 31 and we have never had a second line. Everyone around me is pregnant it seems. 2 of my best friends are pregnant and although I am so happy for them I feel heartbroken for me because most days it seems as if I will never be a Mommy. I have a supportive husband and family but it's not the same as talking to women in the same boat.
Me- 26 dx PCOS, Hypothyroid
DH- 31 dx Low motility and morphology
TTC #1 for 4 years

IUI 1: Femara 5 mg, ovidrel, 1 mature follicle/ 9 million post wash BFN
IUI 2: Femara 7.5 mg, ovidrel, 1 mature follicle/ 13 million post wash BFN
IUI 3: Femara 7.5 mg, Follistim 75iu 5-9, 3 mature follicles/ 25 million post wash BFN
IUI 4: Femara 7.5 mg, Gonal F, Poor response, cancelled.

IVF: July 2016
FutureBabyBee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:21 am

Welcome Melissa!!Im so happy you joined me here.I know your struggle I have been there with pregnant family and friends,is so heartbreaking:(I'm actually waiting for DH cousin to give birth in the next months and his gf cousin next month or so!!I feel like I'm never going to get pregnant and experience motherhood!!DH wasn't too happy about ivf but when he finally accepted I couldn't do it,I guess I'm still waiting for a miracle!!Are you charting Melissa?Have you thought about using soft cups with preesed?I know that helped a lot of women with MFI!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby snowgirl09 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:26 am

Hi girls,

I am so thankful that you started this support group. I feel the same way. My husband and I have been married for 6 years but have been together for nearly 15 years now. WE have always looked forward to having children of our own. We talked about it from a very early place in our relationship. But neither of us expected the heartache and difficulties that we have endured trying for something that seems to come so easy to others.

Our story - We are working with MFI. Thankfully, I don't have any issues. He had multiple biopsies and SAs only to be told the same thing...sorry sorry sorry nothing. :( We then did 2 microteses where they finally found a few very weak spermatids(very early stage sperm) So we went through 2 rounds of IVF w/ICSI. Still no second line. We are now doing iui with ds. We have done 3 rounds of iui, naturally/no meds. Still no second line. Now we are getting ready for our 4th round, w/clomid. I am waiting to O sometime this week or next week. Then we will try iui again. Really praying that it works.

I know that it will work out when it is supposed to and we will have what we are meant to have. Most days(99%) I keep that in my head and we keep moving along. But some days it is really hard. Recently, over the past 2 weeks, especially with the holidays, I have been really down. My menstrual started day 1 on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Talk about a punch in the stomach. And similar to you guys, I have watched almost everyone that was in my ttc support group go on to have successful healthy pregnancies. Then they kind of disappear. I have watched all of our friends and even those who did want children, go on to have health pregnancies. And I have watched those who succeeded with no plan. And now in March my husband's younger cousin will be having their first. It's a little girl. I also watched those in the first year of marriage get pregnant. It just seems to be passing us by. I know one day we will have our miracle but it is heartbreaking. Each time a little piece keeps breaking off. We are faithful, god-loving people. I don't understand and the pain, it just hurts. I am glad that I found this group because you understand. Sometimes DH doesn't understand the pain that I feel and that makes it hard. But having no one to relate, is really hard.

I'm sorry for the long post, but I had to get this out somewhere. I hope that we can support each other through this hard time.
snowgirl09
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:36 am

Welcome snowgirl!!!You have been trough a rough journey hugs lady!!!I hope we can find the support we need in each other!!!My holidays have been hell and is not getting better!!AF was supposed to be here days ago and still didn't show I tested about 40 times and nothing!!!Is ur husband taking any vitamins?
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby snowgirl09 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:49 am

Thanks for the hugs. Hugs right back to you :-) Sometimes a hug can be such a wonderful comfort. So AF hasn't come yet? I hope she doesn't show for you. When was your last iui? I hesitate to test because it sucks to not see the second line.

My DH takes vitamins, but nothing specifically for the MFI. He was diagnosed with azoospermia, basically zero sperm. We did try 3 months of ayurvedic meds for MFI and the SA came back 0 again. That was this past summer.

Do you know what a normal post wash count should be?

Keeping fx for you!
snowgirl09
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:00 am

Unfortunately I don't know nothing about IUI's!I haven't had one Bcs I find it too pricey!Our insurance doesn't cover infertility!!I don't think vitamins could do any harm,zinc,selenium,vitamin E,fertilaid vitamins,diet changes all that can help,is a long journey but is worth it!!Nope AF didn't show up!I had a scan on cd17that confirmed I O from my right Ovary around cd14 but I had onother follie taht was ready to pop so either taht follie turned into a corpus luteum cyst and it keeps secreting progesterone or I don't know what is the problem!Im probably going to see my doc in the morning!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby snowgirl09 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:23 am

I agree with you. Vitamins and such won't do any harm. Yes, it is a long journey and I know in the end we will look back and understand. But getting to that point is tough, rough, etc. We will get there though. We just have to hang on to hope and faith. That is what has brought us this far. And we won't give up.

Let us know what happens at the doc tomorrow. It is frustrating because we don't have control over the inner workings of our body. Wouldn't that be great if we did? Keep us posted!
snowgirl09
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:35 am

It would have been awesome if we had at least abit of control!!Hopefuly I won't have to go to see my doc and AF will show up,I will keep you posted anyway!Have you tried preseed with softscups?
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby snowgirl09 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:41 am

Is there a chance you can get a positive preg yet?
Yes, we have tried the preseed with soft cups. We tried so many things. We tried the pineapple too.
snowgirl09
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:49 am

I have no idea if is possible,I guess is possible some don't get a positive until after 10-14 days but I don't know if that is my case also!!Im going to take a test in a short while I will post a picture here!Im kinda of a poas addict:))
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:02 am

Sadly bfn
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (107.9 KiB) Viewed 2234 times
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby snowgirl09 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:21 pm

Sorry Dana. I hope something transpires for you real soon.
snowgirl09
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:10 pm

Finally AF showed her face!!Cd1 preparing for my last cycle actively trying!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby snowgirl09 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:21 pm

Aww. I'm sorry. Hugs to you. Good attitude. Cd 1. Let's try again. Here's to hoping this is your month!
snowgirl09
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to General Infertility