SIS Transvaginal Ultrasound during implantation

Any and all topics infertility-related, including treatment, emotions, and questions.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

SIS Transvaginal Ultrasound during implantation

Postby CRS3408 » Tue May 03, 2016 7:05 pm

So I've been having some spotting, short cycles, and short afs for the past 4-5 months. My doc scheduled a saline infused Transvaginal ultrasound along with a pap and some blood draws. The SIS is scheduled in a few days putting me at 6 dpo possibly....maybe 8 dpo (unsure of when I O). I've read it can't be done during pregnancy but idk if I'm implanting or not. I think they do a urine test before but if I haven't implanted then it won't detect anything. Is there a way of detecting pregnancy on a regular or Transvaginal ultrasound (w/o the saline) before they do the exam?
CRS3408
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: SIS Transvaginal Ultrasound during implantation

Postby Danaa » Wed May 04, 2016 3:29 am

If this saline ultrasound is the same as the SHG or the hsg then it shouldn't be done after Ovulation,if you google it a but you learn more about it,if it were me I would postpone it to before ovulation when is normally done.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CRS3408 » Wed May 04, 2016 7:10 am

Thanks for the response! I don't know why they would even let me schedule it then or not even ask where I'm at in my cycle ya know. I had some other blood work done and we were supposed to discuss those results after the ultrasound so I'll just have to reschedule it all. Is there a way to see anything going on in there with a regular Transvaginal ultrasound? Maybe if they did that first and I didn't implant, they could do the other one.
CRS3408
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Wed May 04, 2016 7:49 am

I guess it depends what ur doc is searching for.If he/she wants to check for fibroids or polyps or just check up on ur lining,uterus and ovaries a normal scan will due but the saline scan has the advantage of checking ur tubes,I would def get it done.Talk to ur doc explain ur fears.No doctor will have you get done the saline scan if there if a possibility of pregnancy.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CRS3408 » Wed May 04, 2016 10:04 am

It was to get to the root of why I am spotting basically. So he was lookin. For polyps, cysts, or things of that nature. I called and spoke with the nurse who relayed my concerns and he agreed it wasn't a good idea to do it right now. I will wait until after af passes (fx it never comes!!) and reschedule.
CRS3408
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hunnybunny29 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:54 am

I was told mine needed to be on cd 11-12 and not after ovulation this was for a hsg
hunnybunny29

Return to General Infertility